A possible Mango live tile discovery

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Today I saw something I'd never seen before on my phone. My phone had previously gone into battery saver mode. I had it plugged in for a while but my pro sports scores tile was still refusing to update. (I'm not sure if the others were stuck as well). So in an attempt to get the tile working again I went into Pro Sports Scores and turned the live tile updates off and on a couple times.

Then an alert popped up and said something to the effect of "It looks like you're having issues with your live tile notifications. Would you like to reset the notification channel?" It had ok/cancel buttons. So I selected ok and then the tile updated right away.

I'm not sure if this is unique to Pro Sports Scores or if it's an OS thing. Has anyone else seen this? Could it be something MS added to help fix broken live tiles?

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on the Mango beta 7712

Last edited:

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Today I saw something I'd never seen before on my phone. My phone had previously gone into battery saver mode. I had it plugged in for a while but my pro sports scores tile was still refusing to update. (I'm not sure if the others were stuck as well). So in an attempt to get the tile working again I went into Pro Sports Scores and turned the live tile updates off and on a couple times.

Then an alert popped up and said something to the effect of "It looks like you're having issues with your live tile notifications. Would you like to reset the notification channel?" It had ok/cancel buttons. So I selected ok and then the tile updated right away.

I'm not sure if this is unique to Pro Sports Scores or if it's an OS thing. Has anyone else seen this? Could it be something MS added to help fix broken live tiles?

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on the Mango beta 7712

I haven't seen that, but honestly my live tiles have been working without a hitch since Mango. If it indeed is a MS implementation, then that's great news!

-R

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's part of the pro sports scores app. You can also access it in the app itself by hitting settings, and then the bottom three dots and selecting "reset live channel"

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah, didn't realize that. Well at least it seems like they fixed live tiles anyway so it's not really necessary.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos