09-10-2011 08:32 PM
35 12
tools
    I'm sure you'll love it cckgz4. Everyone I've showed my phone to absolutely loves it. :)
    08-31-2011 04:03 PM
    Is android really that bad ? It's the only OS i've never tried.

One of my friends has it but i just looked through it and didn't particularly like the standard boring icons look.

I have heard lots moan about the reboots and freezes though. Glad i have my little WP7 friend with me. ;)
    I've never been impressed with the user experience. Android needs really powerful hardware to run well. Even dual-core handsets don't feel as smooth and responsive as WP7 phones with their "outdated" 1st gen snapdragon.

It's a very powerful OS with tons of flexibility. But it also lacks performance, and there is no consistency between the look/feel of its apps. The OS is supposed to control which apps run in the background, which ones get suspended, and which ones get killed altogether, but it does a terrible job IMO. You never know what's running in the background, slowing your phone to a crawl and draining your battery.

And good luck using the on-screen keyboard. There is a split second of input lag that makes typing a massive chore. I decided I would never own a smartphone without a physical keyboard again. . . until I tried WP7 and was amazed at how much easier it is.
    08-31-2011 05:17 PM
    Is android really that bad ? It's the only OS i've never tried.

One of my friends has it but i just looked through it and didn't particularly like the standard boring icons look.

I have heard lots moan about the reboots and freezes though. Glad i have my little WP7 friend with me. ;)
    You have never tried it so you have been spared the nightmare..lol. You keep on with you're wp7 friend and you're doing fine. ahere is a suggestion: take a look through any android forum that exists and count how many threads are asking for a solution to an android related problem...ranges from battery life to random reboots to just simple things that are just not working right.
    smartpatrol likes this.
    08-31-2011 08:26 PM
    Oh yeah, one more thing I HATE about android. The friggin icons are so disgusting, even for the android market. They look like they were drawn by a 3 year old, I mean c'mon google have SOME standards. Oh man let me stop I can't stress enough how ridiculous this android hype is :P
    08-31-2011 08:57 PM
    Sounds awful indeedy megalosdog. :(
    09-01-2011 03:56 AM
    My ahh moments are:

1: reading articles during my two hour train commute to work and realize I still have lots of battery.

2: to not have to charge my phone after lunch just so I can get home with battery life.

3: having a screen so crisp and clear that I can actually keep it on my lap and read it.

4: opening the app market and seeing new stuff all the time.

These are monumental....seeing I came from a pre 2.

Thanks WP7. You make me happy again. ::
    11B1P likes this.
    09-09-2011 07:07 AM
    I think my current Ahhh moment is when walking through my university halls; I intentionally active the voice command and just start talking commands to my phone and she replies back ... people just stare at me. LOL
    Last edited by astroXP; 09-09-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    09-09-2011 07:50 AM
    I've had a few this week

A) Uploading photos to facebook on the first try without having to do it again

B) While on my bluetooth stereo headset, I got several texts while listening to my music and the music never cut off (on my iPhone, whenever I got a text, the bluetooth would disconnect)

C) I was watching Mary J Blige videos on VEVO while my partner kept texting me. Whenever I returned back to the VEVO, it would play the ad and then resume, never hiccuping or freezing or crashing
    09-09-2011 10:37 PM
    So true about android...had many of them, all garbage.

My ahh moment is when every day I perform a simple function without a force close or a freeze up
    i came from an atrix. went through five of them before i got one that wouldnt drop calls everyday, freeze up, etc... traded mine for a focus and have not had one problem.

my ahhhh moment is not ever wanting to throw it against the wall.
    09-09-2011 11:18 PM
    I have so many ahhh moments every day I just forget! It's such a different experience than what I used to have on Symbian, I literally thank God for the day I made the decision to go WP7. Oh and eBay, too ;)
    09-10-2011 08:32 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD