The "Ahhh" moment. What's yours with Windows Phone?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
When I use my phone doing a bunch of stuff then reality and a touch of panic would kick in. I've been working my battery and need to check it. When I check I notice the battery had hardly moved, I let out this ahhhh. sigh of relief.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I really wish microsoft would have it to where the battery indicator and the time are constantly displayed, instead of having to prompt it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Here is mine:

First the sceen:

I'm in my truck driving from one job to another and it begins it happens all the time. Something has gone wrong on one of my many jobs and the phone calls start to fly. First call is the customer to my boss. Boss calls me says whats going on on Javier's job I just got a call from the customer while on the call the customer calls me on the other line leaves a message. I hang up call voice mail to see whats up them I call Javier discuss the issue call my boss back explain what is going on and how we are going to resolve the issue discuss alternatives come up with a plan of attack. Hang up with the boss call the customer see if the plan is acceptable, hang up and call Javier explain what he is to do. Again this sort of thing happens to me all the time.

Now lets go through that when I was using an Android device, I had 3 different ones they are all the same.

I'm in my truck driving from one job to another and it begins it happens all the time. Something has gone wrong on one of my many jobs and the phone calls start to fly. First call is the customer to my boss. Boss calls me says whats going on on Javier's job I just got a call from the customer while on the call the customer calls me on the other line leaves a message. I hang up try to call voice mail but the phone lags I almost hit the car in front of me trying to tap the dialer because Voice command on Android sucks and is unusable. I finally get to Voice mail I find out whats up. Pull over on the side of the road because I cant do this on this device while driving. Phone freezes between calls and my Bluetooth disconnects. I have to reset the device to get Bluetooth connected again. I call Javier discuss the issue. Phone stays connected this time so I call my boss back explain what is going on and how we are going to resolve the issue discuss alternatives come up with a plan of attack. Hang up phone with the boss phone lag again my stress level is through the roof at this point I am ready to throw this dam phone finally I call the customer see if the plan is acceptable, hang up and try to call Javier to explain what he is to do but I cant because I have a force close on my phone I have to reset the phone again. I finally get through explain everything and I start driving again now I am late to the job and that customer is calling wanting to know where I am. Again this sort of thing happens to me all the time.

Now same scenario on my Windows Phone:

I'm in my truck driving from one job to another and it begins it happens all the time. Something has gone wrong on one of my many jobs and the phone calls start to fly. First call is the customer to my boss. Boss calls me says whats going on on Javier's job I just got a call from the customer while on the call the customer calls me on the other line leaves a message. I hang up tap the button on my Bluetooth say call voicemail listen to the message tap the button to hang up. Tap the button on my Bluetooth again say call Javier we discuss the issue. I tap the button on my bluetooth to hang up tap again I say call my boss I explain what is going on and how we are going to resolve the issue discuss alternatives come up with a plan of attack. Tap the button to hang up again. Tap the button on my Bluetooth again say call customer name see if the plan is acceptable, tap button to hang up tap button to call Javier to explain what he is to do. I pull up at my next job I'm on time keep in mind I still haven't picked up my phone or even looked at it. Again this sort of thing happens to me all the time.

That's my "Ahhh" moment

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Not a big aw moment, but I thought it was pretty cool. I thought the music player was pretty cool. I like how it has a picture of the Artist behind the album.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is mine:

First the sceen:

I'm in my truck driving from one job to another and it begins it happens all the time. Something has gone wrong on one of my many jobs and the phone calls start to fly. First call is the customer to my boss. Boss calls me says whats going on on Javier's job I just got a call from the customer while on the call the customer calls me on the other line leaves a message. I hang up call voice mail to see whats up them I call Javier discuss the issue call my boss back explain what is going on and how we are going to resolve the issue discuss alternatives come up with a plan of attack. Hang up with the boss call the customer see if the plan is acceptable, hang up and call Javier explain what he is to do. Again this sort of thing happens to me all the time.

Now lets go through that when I was using an Android device, I had 3 different ones they are all the same.

I'm in my truck driving from one job to another and it begins it happens all the time. Something has gone wrong on one of my many jobs and the phone calls start to fly. First call is the customer to my boss. Boss calls me says whats going on on Javier's job I just got a call from the customer while on the call the customer calls me on the other line leaves a message. I hang up try to call voice mail but the phone lags I almost hit the car in front of me trying to tap the dialer because Voice command on Android sucks and is unusable. I finally get to Voice mail I find out whats up. Pull over on the side of the road because I cant do this on this device while driving. Phone freezes between calls and my Bluetooth disconnects. I have to reset the device to get Bluetooth connected again. I call Javier discuss the issue. Phone stays connected this time so I call my boss back explain what is going on and how we are going to resolve the issue discuss alternatives come up with a plan of attack. Hang up phone with the boss phone lag again my stress level is through the roof at this point I am ready to throw this dam phone finally I call the customer see if the plan is acceptable, hang up and try to call Javier to explain what he is to do but I cant because I have a force close on my phone I have to reset the phone again. I finally get through explain everything and I start driving again now I am late to the job and that customer is calling wanting to know where I am. Again this sort of thing happens to me all the time.

Now same scenario on my Windows Phone:

I'm in my truck driving from one job to another and it begins it happens all the time. Something has gone wrong on one of my many jobs and the phone calls start to fly. First call is the customer to my boss. Boss calls me says whats going on on Javier's job I just got a call from the customer while on the call the customer calls me on the other line leaves a message. I hang up tap the button on my Bluetooth say call voicemail listen to the message tap the button to hang up. Tap the button on my Bluetooth again say call Javier we discuss the issue. I tap the button on my bluetooth to hang up tap again I say call my boss I explain what is going on and how we are going to resolve the issue discuss alternatives come up with a plan of attack. Tap the button to hang up again. Tap the button on my Bluetooth again say call customer name see if the plan is acceptable, tap button to hang up tap button to call Javier to explain what he is to do. I pull up at my next job I'm on time keep in mind I still haven't picked up my phone or even looked at it. Again this sort of thing happens to me all the time.

That's my "Ahhh" moment

That's similar to mine. I was sold when I realized I could make a series of calls without the phone freezing or needing a soft reset (and no bluetooth was involved!). Stupid piece of s--- Android.

-R

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I got two Ahhh moments. My first one was right after dumping a Nokia N8. I checked in to a venue using 4th & Mayor... and the world kept on going. That 4sq Symbian app froze EVERY SINGLE TIME and rebooted my phone. Sometimes I couldn't even go past the Apps list. It was awful.

My second moment was right after taking a few pictures. 'Hey, what's that thing to the left? GOD! I can review every single past photo and share/delete/whatever right from the camera!?' It's the single brightest idea I've ever seen on a camera.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Holding the photo button while the phone was locked and being able to snap a picture in seconds. Huge. Used to never take pictures but now sometimes do

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Holding the photo button while the phone was locked and being able to snap a picture in seconds. Huge. Used to never take pictures but now sometimes do

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

I like this one too. On my droid I pretty much stopped taking pictures because the camera was so laggy and had so many force closes. The trophy doesn't have a great camera but it's nice to quickly go from locked to sharing with skydrive.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Everytime I use my WP7 is an "Ahhh" moment, because no matter how long from the last time I used it or how often I use it, or what I want to use it for, it just works.

Yesterday was a prime example, I was at MSP airport and decided to buy some new shades from Sunglass Hut. Found a few that I liked, and decided to get the opinion of my pal in Cali. So snapped a few pics and sent them off via email, then upped the stakes and called him. Took a few more pics, emailed them, got a reply from him with a link which I opened, all with him on the phone, using the Start button and Back key, switching back and forth from internal speaker to speakerphone. Did all that with no lag, crashes, mistyped emails or other negative incident. Pics came out ok as well, for a DVP. It just worked.

Yesterday was also the first time I travelled solely with my WP7 as a tethering device and for my flight checkin. Smooth sailing again.

For me, every moment using my WP7 is an "Ahhh" moment!

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had two near-aaahhh moments.

1) When I first scrolled after installing Mango. Good god was it smooth.

2) When I was driving and my car suddenly said "Message from "<wife's name>. Would you like to read it?" I say "read" and it reads the message and at the end even said "ok. winking smiley face."

Got a kick out of that

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I have 2 ahhh moments.

Ahhh moment number 1 was when I was in the hospital getting my first chemo treatment. It was late, couldn't sleep so I decided to try out the netflix on my arrive. It was incredible. I was able to watch my movies and not the crappy shows on the few channels that the hospital TV's would show. That was great.

Ahhh moment number 2 was when i finally tried the facebook chat and it worked flawlessly. I couldn't wait to show the others at work that my phone had that built in, no extra app required. It was nice making the android people at work (which was everyone else) jealous after all the trash talking they did about my wanting a wp7 device.

HazedNInfuzed

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
As minor as it sounds, it was the way the comment boxes appeared in the older version of the WPCentral app.
I just thought it was a really sweet visual effect being able to touch on them and the way they tilted and angled depending on the touch.
I just knew that design wise, this UI is a thing of a beauty.

Not sure why but the in the newest version of the app, they don't do that anymore.
WPCentral, bring back the new-age comment boxes!

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Easily it was using the speech feature to have the phone get the address for my grand daughter's school. I used the voice feature to have the phone get the school's number, call the school then get the directions. I managed all this with one speech search after having the phone less than a week having never used the feature before while driving on the interstate without touching the phone. I was hooked at that point and my Focus has not crashed in the 2 months I've owned it.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sort of a youngster at work (well I'm 30 but I look more like 20!), and a couple of my coworkers were trying to tell me about all the old music I need to listen to. One of them said I have to get the song "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull. So I told them "one sec", looked it up on Zune Pass, and started streaming it right there. Then the conversation went like this:

him: "Wow cool, what kind of phone is that"
me: "it's the HD7, it's running Windows Phone 7"
him: "is that a Droid?"
me: "it's Windows Phone 7, Microsoft's new OS"
him: "oh okay. . . but it's Android, right?"
me: "well no, it's a completely different OS"
him: "I want one of those!"

JenkTJ27

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Small things like this - when the numeric keyboard is displayed and press and hold a number, a sort of pop up displayed with '? ⅔' is displayed to choose from.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had a very minor one:

Normally, if you go the numbers/symbols keyboard, it stays in that mode until you hit the space bar or the "abc" button.

But, if you type in an open quote, type some stuff, then go to the symbols keyboard and type a closed quote, it immediately goes back to the abc keyboard.

Sometimes it's the little things :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My ahhhh moment was the first time I played with a demo unit. I couldn't believe how buttery smooth the OS was. Integrated Zune too? Had to have it.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My ahh moment was when I discovered you can actually make phone calls on this thing.

Been playing games, using social networking, using it as a stills camera, video camera, SatNav MP3 player.

Then wow, i discovered you can actually make calls on it. Ahhhh! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb