How many iPhone to WP7 Converts?

Xtian80

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be an iPhone to WP7 convert as soon as my upgrade comes up in October. I made the mistake of giving apple a try after being anti-apple for a long time. Had I known last year that Microsoft would be releasing a phone in October I never would have gotten the iPhone4. Better late than never though I guess. Can't wait for a phone that is more than just an app launcher with a stupid grid format. Also, can't wait to be done with iTunes forever.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What'll be interesting is if, in a year or so's time, anyone switches away from WP7 because they're fed up of tiles. Right now it's a new thing and a different take. iOS has had the grid since day 1, and it's staleness isn't helped by a lot of Android handsets ripping iOS off and having virtually the same thing.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I love Zune but hate the old Zune devices (not the HD). Kept crashing and erasing stuff

I have the 80Gb one, never had a problem with it. My sister's HD has had more problems, including having to be replaced soon after we got it. The software is also buggier (having the wrong song titles and band names for certain songs). But they're both great, regardless.

bomitoni

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am a MAC user, have been all my adult life. For the past 2 years I was an iphone user. But when the time came to get a new one, I decided not to. I saw a commercial for WP7 and immediately fell in love w/ the graphic look of the interface. As a graphic designer it won me over immediately. I went to the AT&T store and played w/ the phone and was sold. I got the HTC Surround. Have had it for a few months now and love it. I get balked at and made fun of by my iphone friends. But many have tested mine out and most are overly impressed. Besides who wants to have the same phone as everyone else?

Nic Allen

May 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
I made the switch for a short while. Lost my iPhone on a ride at universal and that same night i bought a Focus online and had it overnight shipped to my house. Two days later they found my iPhone in perfect condition. I switched back and forth between my iPhone and Focus for a few days, but ultimately decided to keep the iPhone and resell the Focus because i was used to iOS and didnt want to learn a new phone, plus there were some features WP7 didnt do that i really missed having on my iPhone(even though some only came after jailbreaking). But every now and again i think about getting another WP7 and selling the iPhone.

P.S. Sorry for the long post and making everyone read so much.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch for a short while. Lost my iPhone on a ride at universal and that same night i bought a Focus online and had it overnight shipped to my house. Two days later they found my iPhone in perfect condition. I switched back and forth between my iPhone and Focus for a few days, but ultimately decided to keep the iPhone and resell the Focus because i was used to iOS and didnt want to learn a new phone, plus there were some features WP7 didnt do that i really missed having on my iPhone(even though some only came after jailbreaking). But every now and again i think about getting another WP7 and selling the iPhone.

P.S. Sorry for the long post and making everyone read so much.

Not long at all. Glad you tried out the platform and hopefully you'll check it out again post Mango. thanks for sharing!

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What'll be interesting is if, in a year or so's time, anyone switches away from WP7 because they're fed up of tiles. Right now it's a new thing and a different take. iOS has had the grid since day 1, and it's staleness isn't helped by a lot of Android handsets ripping iOS off and having virtually the same thing.
People are going to get bored and switch around between every OS, it happens. However I think that Microsoft has a clear vision, and the amazing software support from MS will keep people interested in the platform.

I have the 80Gb one, never had a problem with it. My sister's HD has had more problems, including having to be replaced soon after we got it. The software is also buggier (having the wrong song titles and band names for certain songs). But they're both great, regardless.
I've heard a lot of stories of the hard drives on the old brick zunes dying, stories of bad batteries, etc. That being said I have heard some bad things about the Zune HD as well, but nothing that makes the device any less compelling in my eyes. I would still own any Zune over an iPod, the Zune UI is so much nicer to use.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I saw a commercial for WP7 and immediately fell in love w/ the graphic look of the interface. As a graphic designer it won me over immediately. I went to the AT&T store and played w/ the phone and was sold.
That's pretty much my story too. And I'm a graphics guy as well. WP7 is elegant, the way OS X is for desktops computers.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've left both Android and iOS and ended up here with WP7. I left Android because I found the OS to be too laggy and buggy.

I agree with you 100%.
I am coming from a 2 year old iphone 3gs. Over the weekend, I ordered a dell venue, the android version. After 2 days of use, this is going back to dell today. I called them and they accepted the return and I told them I wanted the dell venue pro with wp7. The Indian lady even told me she prefers wp7 over android. I order it immediately after I hung up. (Estimated delivery Sept. 6)

In my opinion, iOS was boring and very limited and Android was just too buggy. Always got an error to force close everything, keyboard was difficult to type on, and when I finally decided to send it back is when it decided to stop vibrating altogether. Did a force reset, made sure all the check boxes were checked to vibrate, even took it to an AT&T store and they couldn't figure out why. They told me to download this sound manger app, still didn't work.

I am pumped to get my WP7, I read the reviews on the dell venue on their website. Seems like a decent phone.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i came to wp7 from android via ip4. my ip4 kept dropping calls so i switched to android and really did not like it. a lot of crashes and battery pulls, etc... just to big of a pain. finally got a focus and have had no problems. and i mean none. i got a used one and its perfect. i actually get a signal in places my atrix wouldnt. sure, there is some stuff that i miss from ios or android, but mango should aleaviate a lot of that.

by the way d.a.r.y.l., great movie.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned in a different thread, I divorced Apple for Windows. The divorce had been in the pipeline even before seeing a WP, mainly due to my hate for Apple's quest to take over the world and copyright protect the air so you'll need Apple lungs to breathe it.

pdragon79

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
iPhone messages

I'd like to convert as well.

Really looking forward to the Nokia handsets.

For all of you that have converted, or planning to, or something....

Did you ever find a way to transfer all the old SMS/MMS from the iPhone to WinPhone 7?

I have my current 3GS for well over 2 years now. Hate to lose all my messages.:mad:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm close to becoming an WP7 to iPhone converts but I hate IOS so much, it's not even an OS is an app launcher T_T.

Did you ever find a way to transfer all the old SMS/MMS from the iPhone to WinPhone 7?

I have my current 3GS for well over 2 years now. Hate to lose all my messages.:mad:

Why are you saving all your messages? Don't be a creep :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)