videos and wp7-mango

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I am kind of new to WP7, came from a BB Torch and bought a used WP7 focus off of ebay to hold me over to either the new Iphone 5 or Android Galaxy SII, but I updated my phone to Mango right away, and I actually really like this phone! most likely I will just stick with WP7, which I didn't plan on doing.

Anyways, I notice that videos on WP7 are not such a good experience. Such as videos that are viewed on web pages. For example, i could be visiting a site on my ipad and there could be a video on that page, but when I view the page on my focus, I either do not see the video at all, or there is a box with a page in it. I do have the you tube app, and all the other you tube apps, lazy tube, super tube, etc.

Why is it? I thought IE9, was supposed to be great and render just like on pc? I thought we have great html5 capabilities, so why would ipad and iphone show these pages better?

Also, when I click on a link that brings me to a youtube video, many times the video looks like garbage, such low quality. Why is that? why do I have to view them in lazy tube or super tube? to see better quality? is the whole google vs microsoft thing about the quality of the video being fed or the actual viewing capabilities?

Also, on my blackberry, i was able to watch vimeo videos, by just going to the vimeo site, it would bring me to the mobile site. On my focus, I can not see videos, just a black box unless I PURCHASE an app? strange, even then its an app and I would have to enter the url to see a video, and it doesnt work by visiting vimeo site. I also tried going manually to the mobile site, to try a video and that does not work either.

Can anyone provide any insight on any of these issues??

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey

First off , welcome to the WP :)

as for not being able to view the website properly just make sure in the:

Settings--> application --> internet explore -- > see full site ( and not mobile )

as for the Vids being crappy qualaty , i dunno it does suck honestly :(

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I see embedded YouTube videos fine.

I do hope to see a better connection between things like the Vimeo app and IE9 when the app is updated for Mango. Though I'm not sure if that will be the case.

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
sometimes, youtube videos come up saying I dont have flash installed, sometimes there is just blank space. For example on gizmodo, sometimes they use vimeo for video, and i cant see anything, sometimes its youtube, and if it shows up, the quality is really bad.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Weird. I think I see the issue you're talking about now. Well, a little different.

I see embedded YouTube videos fine. But if I go to the mobile YouTube site at m.
YouTube.com (like using the YouTube app), I can't watch any videos. I have to use that worm YouTube app instead.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
A lot of it is due to youtube not correctly identifying which browser you are on. To make matters worse, google has been blocking MS's official youtube app from much metadata needed to create an actual native app as opposed to a mobile website launcher.

This should get better as sites are updated to identify IE9 as the mobile browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte