D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
No need to be sorry,
Every one has a personal preference. At least if you didn't go to an apple forum and say you switched from an apple to wp7. I bet they'll rip you apart. It happened to me when I posted on a mac forum that I bought a macbook pro and was disappointed with the operating system and the fact that it was in and out of the apple store for repairs.

Last edited:

chriss1928

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I can see what you are saying. I switch phones a ton and my HTC Trophy is my 3rd WP7(4th is the dell venue pro in the mail coming ;)and I used an iphone 4 twice both GSM and CDMA. For gaming it is great, jailbreak and uh totally get all those games by paying for them ;). I just got sick of it as I have a PS3/360 and android doesnt work well for me so WP7 it is and been super happy since I discovered Zune Pass. Good luck!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty cool that someone says they gave WP7 a shot, didnt work out for them and isn't getting flamed. That wouldn't happen in "other" forums.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I still have my iPod Touch, which I do like the games, so no need for me to get an iPhone. To be honest, I'm really in love with wp7 and I don't even have Mango on it right now. I really was trying to find reasons or what was missing from wp7 with apps, but it just works out of the box! First thing I was looking for was some type of Advanced Task Killer, but I didn't need it..lol! People hub, works wonderful for me. The few apps I do use are really good, if not great. I will only pick up my Touch for WWF and that haven't been happening a lot, since I've been stuck on Words By Post. iTunes is just a horror for me and I love the sound of my Zune HD much more.
Anyway, enjoy your journey, you're young and it's good to try different devices out to see which works better for you. Hopefully, you'll be back with the Mango release.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Wait you bought an iPhone for gaming? You've chosen GameCenter over Xbox Live? Interesting decision. Granted that games are cheaper over there but that's expected since Windows Phone is still the new kid on the block. Having used an iPhone before, enjoy it but don't be surprised if you end up paying out for other Apple products.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 4 as a second phone (got a good deal on craigslist, so I can resell it)
I am disappointed this time. I have gotten use to the smooth WP screens. Whatever updates iOS has had in the last year since my first iPhone 4 has slowed down the OS and I find it sticking often now.
I'm so use to pinning things to my start screen. On iOS just to check this forum I have to open the app, select wpcentral then start my search.
I am very disappointed with iOS now... I was hoping it would be fun to mess with a couple weeks. Looks like it's going up on eBay sooner than I planned. In my opinion iOS NEEDS a faster processor that is coming with the iPhone 4s/5...

-AcE

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The iphone is good, I used an ipad for the first time the other day and couldn't believe my eyes.

Microsoft better step up with their Windows 8 tablets =D.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
What did you find so special about the iPad? It just seemed like another tablet when I used it.

Really? it's just another tablet because the other tablets (running Android) copied it. If you really want to knock it then just point out it's just an iPhone with a bigger screen :)

-AcE

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I like how fast it was with wifi and when you hold down a button on the browser it had a neat magnifying glass.

I can never connect my phone to wifi =(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't find anything special about the iPad either. My friend won one and we played with it do a few hours. But after that. It was just that, an expensive (but free) toy. I'd rather have a tablet that lets me be productive first, then have fun second.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Really? it's just another tablet because the other tablets (running Android) copied it. If you really want to knock it then just point out it's just an iPhone with a bigger screen :)

-AcE

Tablets are just computers with limited functionality. You lose the portability of a phone, and it has nowhere near the capability of even the cheapest laptops.

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't find anything special about the iPad either. My friend won one and we played with it do a few hours. But after that. It was just that, an expensive (but free) toy. I'd rather have a tablet that lets me be productive first, then have fun second.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Where'd ur friend win one?
And the day after I bought the iPhone, me Gelaskins came for the focus, looks cool though

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
At our place of employment. Some company was giving some type of class, and they did a raffle for a iPad, iPod touch, and iPod.
Where'd ur friend win one?
And the day after I bought the iPhone, me Gelaskins came for the focus, looks cool though
I won the iPod, which was sold in a matter of days. LOL!

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty cool that someone says they gave WP7 a shot, didnt work out for them and isn't getting flamed. That wouldn't happen in "other" forums.

That's a fact. This board is more community oriented I think. I know PC was that way early on, but it got so big that it lost its small close community feel. A lot of the people flaiming these types of posts were tired of reading the posts loudly declaring that webOS sucked and we were all dumb for sticking with it. The OP was friendly about it and was giving a heads up, definitely a friendlier way to do it.

Anywho. Play some games for us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb