09-06-2011 01:37 PM
37 12
tools
    I'm kinda switching sides, i bought an iphone over the weekend
    I'll still be checking up on here, as i still have my focus
    08-29-2011 04:32 PM
    Have fun. The iPhone is a quality device.
    08-29-2011 04:43 PM
    the I phone is NOT a qualaty device LMAO they have somany HW problem ... lol

Ios should of been called APpOS , hehe

enjoy your Iphone!! its the better choice out of Android any ways :P

hope to see you back arround MANGO or TANGO.
    08-29-2011 04:45 PM
    I'm kinda switching sides, i bought an iphone over the weekend
    I'll still be checking up on here, as i still have my focus
    no need to be sorry. enjoy your iPhone. Lots of people like it, some don't. choice (a beautiful thing), is yours.

Just out of curiosity what compelled you to switch?
    EJNelly likes this.
    08-29-2011 04:45 PM
    Like mmbond said, no need to be sorry. we'll be feeling sorry for you <----J/k.
    just enjoy it.
    08-29-2011 05:05 PM
    Yeah i still own my Focus so i'll probably come back when official mango gets released, i'm a teenager, so i need my games.
    Thats the main reason i switched
    08-29-2011 05:35 PM
    All good. I think if I was to ever give up WP7 it would be for the iPhone. I don't think I can ever go back to Android.
    08-29-2011 05:39 PM
    Like others have said, no need to be sorry. It's all about choosing what works best for you and if that's iOS at this point in time, more power to ya. Personally, if I were going to switch, I would have waited for the new iPhone to be released in the next month or so.

It really is a great time to be a smartphone owner, as Mango, iOS 5, and Ice Cream Sandwich are all being released soon. Even BlackBerry owners might be seeing QNX on phones within the next 6 months.
    08-29-2011 06:02 PM
    Have fun with your iPhone. I was tempted to check out the iphone 5 when Sprint launches it, but I don't have an upgrade for a little over a year.

And like these guys have said, going iphone was better than going Android.
    08-29-2011 06:05 PM
    It may be a little while until WP has a good enough library of games to make it rival iOS in that category alone. Though XBOX LIVE integration is pretty cool.

Too bad there is no support for the Unity game engine. If MS worked with Unity Technologies to allow some native access for the engine, we'd start seeing a ton of games coming over.

But right now, a developer could make a game in Unity and then deploy to both iOS and Android with very little (if any) changes.

As WP matures as a platform, we'll see more and more developers jumping on. But I'm guessing it might be at WP8 before it actually is the "go to" platform for all things gaming.
    08-29-2011 06:15 PM
    Games are the same reason I've considered switching furygoal. It's undeniable that the best mobile gaming experience is on the iPhone. Every other week something of fantastic quality is available for only a few dollars.

I'm sticking it out with my Focus for now though. Want to see what Mango does for us. If the games don't pick up before Christmas, I'll probably buy a new phone as well. Really I'd just prefer that WP7 starts picking up the slack though. I like my Xbox Live!
    08-29-2011 06:18 PM
    My buddy just bought at iPod touch for games.
    08-29-2011 06:32 PM
    Your avatar looks pretty funny =D
    08-29-2011 07:31 PM
    Its all good. I'm sticking with my road dog, the HTC Arrive or whatever Sprint does in the next couple months. I enjoy the Zune music interface and the user experience. I also want to help grow this platform.

One other thing, I'd would have been worried about you if you'd announced you bought an android device on craigslist.
    Last edited by Techblogger; 08-29-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    08-29-2011 07:49 PM
    I hope you didn't get stuck on a contract for a phone that's about to be outdated when apple releases their new I phones in a couple weeks. It'll probably be free on contract after that. Assuming you got an iPhone 4...
    willied likes this.
    08-29-2011 08:29 PM
    **breaks bottle** Nobody's going nowhere!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Jazmac, 3migo, jalb and 6 others like this.
    08-29-2011 08:37 PM
    Why did you buy an iPhone 4 right before the new one is about to come out?
    08-29-2011 09:48 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with switching if your priorities dictate it. Everyone in my office is an iphone guy, and when I see some of the games they have access to, I must admit I'm quite jealous.
    08-30-2011 10:57 AM
    **breaks bottle** Nobody's going nowhere!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    LOL! WP users are radicals now?
    08-30-2011 01:34 PM
    I understand. I'm debating on selling my 3GS for the simple fact that it doesn't have a flash for the camera. I'm a night owl so that's when I like to take photographs. Kind of hard to do that in low light/dark settings
    08-31-2011 12:09 AM
    No need to be sorry,
    Every one has a personal preference. At least if you didn't go to an apple forum and say you switched from an apple to wp7. I bet they'll rip you apart. It happened to me when I posted on a mac forum that I bought a macbook pro and was disappointed with the operating system and the fact that it was in and out of the apple store for repairs.
    Last edited by D.A.R.Y.L.; 09-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    09-02-2011 12:26 PM
    I can see what you are saying. I switch phones a ton and my HTC Trophy is my 3rd WP7(4th is the dell venue pro in the mail coming ;)and I used an iphone 4 twice both GSM and CDMA. For gaming it is great, jailbreak and uh totally get all those games by paying for them ;). I just got sick of it as I have a PS3/360 and android doesnt work well for me so WP7 it is and been super happy since I discovered Zune Pass. Good luck!
    09-02-2011 09:58 PM
    It's pretty cool that someone says they gave WP7 a shot, didnt work out for them and isn't getting flamed. That wouldn't happen in "other" forums.
    willied, Jazmac and Winterfang like this.
    09-03-2011 12:01 AM
    I still have my iPod Touch, which I do like the games, so no need for me to get an iPhone. To be honest, I'm really in love with wp7 and I don't even have Mango on it right now. I really was trying to find reasons or what was missing from wp7 with apps, but it just works out of the box! First thing I was looking for was some type of Advanced Task Killer, but I didn't need it..lol! People hub, works wonderful for me. The few apps I do use are really good, if not great. I will only pick up my Touch for WWF and that haven't been happening a lot, since I've been stuck on Words By Post. iTunes is just a horror for me and I love the sound of my Zune HD much more.
    Anyway, enjoy your journey, you're young and it's good to try different devices out to see which works better for you. Hopefully, you'll be back with the Mango release.
    09-03-2011 03:55 AM
    Enjoy and good luck. :)
    09-03-2011 08:20 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD