The Attitude Of Others Towards WP

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
^I think this is an exciting time to be an early WP7 adopter. I know a lot of the tech journals and blogs out there are predicting the platform's demise, but once you remember that journalists always have to take some kind of 'angle' on everything they write, it's impossible not to take their predictions of doom with a grain of salt.

Maybe it's because the story of WebOS is fresh in everyone's minds that there's so much skepticism about WP7's future. Sure, there are some parallels between the two platforms' situations, but the biggest difference, as many have mentioned, is MSFT's deep pockets. I'm getting the feeling that Redmond sees that it has a real winner just like it did with the Xbox.

I used to show off all the great aspects of WebOS to friends and they were all fairly impressed. Some were just being polite, I imagine. In the end, I think they thought of it as just a slightly better version of iOS, however unjust that assumption may be. But they are all dazzled by WP7. It's a radically original design and truly beautiful with so much practical potential. I think we are, as early adopters, kind of 'getting in on the ground floor.'

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
^I think this is an exciting time to be an early WP7 adopter. I know a lot of the tech journals and blogs out there are predicting the platform's demise, but once you remember that journalists always have to take some kind of 'angle' on everything they write, it's impossible not to take their predictions of doom with a grain of salt.

Maybe it's because the story of WebOS is fresh in everyone's minds that there's so much skepticism about WP7's future. Sure, there are some parallels between the two platforms' situations, but the biggest difference, as many have mentioned, is MSFT's deep pockets. I'm getting the feeling that Redmond sees that it has a real winner just like it did with the Xbox.

I used to show off all the great aspects of WebOS to friends and they were all fairly impressed. Some were just being polite, I imagine. In the end, I think they thought of it as just a slightly better version of iOS, however unjust that assumption may be. But they are all dazzled by WP7. It's a radically original design and truly beautiful with so much practical potential. I think we are, as early adopters, kind of 'getting in on the ground floor.'

Deep pockets isn't the diff. HP has deep pockets as well. They just decided that they didn't want to play. It's funny that when webOS started to get more name recognition due to the commercials HP cuts it loose bc it takes too much money to play this game.

Does Microsoft want to play? Sure they have the money but do they want to go down that road. That is the question we should be asking ourselves. Only time will tell.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've surprised a couple of Dell employees that came to my job today. I noticed their Dell Venue Pro and they wondered how'd I even know what the phone was, let alone the OS

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft are definately dedicated to their WP OS because if they weren't i dont think they would go out and parctically base their whole major pc OS around it if they were not in it to win. WP will pick up when Mango is released officially, and pick up even more once W8 comes out.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@bilzkh a lot of analysists have WP7 as one of the top OSes in 4 years. I want to see this OS taking off, but I have yet to see it. If they were to give these phones out to corporations at a loss then I could see them taking off. As long as the consumer side of things keeps getting attention I'll be happy.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I think we cam pretty much conclude that it is Microsoft's image on people what causes to have a lack of interest towards WP7. One of my friends tweeted he was thinking about leaving his BB to opt for an iPhone so I knew this was my chance to mention WP, he then asks me (he trusts my recommendations) whether he'd need an antivirus for a Windows Phone - so there you go. I was like ...!!! lol

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think we cam pretty much conclude that it is Microsoft's image on people what causes to have a lack of interest towards WP7. One of my friends tweeted he was thinking about leaving his BB to opt for an iPhone so I knew this was my chance to mention WP, he then asks me (he trusts my recommendations) whether he'd need an antivirus for a Windows Phone - so there you go. I was like ...!!! lol

You should have told him he was getting WP7 confused with Android. They're the ones who need help on the virus front.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft have every right to be dedicated to the Windows Phone; it's fantastic.

I honestly cannot wait to see the potential between Windows Phone, Windows Live, Zune, Xbox Live, Windows 8, Kinect, and Skype.

IMO, MS need to focus more on allowing these platforms to communicate with ease... and, more importantly, exclusivity.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
You should have told him he was getting WP7 confused with Android. They're the ones who need help on the virus front.

I did! Hahaha I wouldn't be able not to say that! :p
I did, however, tell him in a very unbias opinion how WP7 stands compared to the iPhone and I believe he liked my honesty that he said he "would try one once it's mature enough" for him. :happy:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
IMO, MS need to focus more on allowing these platforms to communicate with ease... and, more importantly, exclusivity.

This. Where the heck are those exclusive WP7 Xbox Live game spinoffs? Halo 4 is coming. Gears of War 3 is out in weeks. And nothing so far.

I absolutely cannot understand why this hasn't happened. A decent handheld title would get gamers on board, promote the xbox title, and generate a lot of positive buzz. It'd be well worth the investment.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
This. Where the heck are those exclusive WP7 Xbox Live game spinoffs? Halo 4 is coming. Gears of War 3 is out in weeks. And nothing so far.

There's no excuse for games which are licensed by Microsoft Studios.

I absolutely cannot understand why this hasn't happened. A decent handheld title would get gamers on board, promote the xbox title, and generate a lot of positive buzz. It'd be well worth the investment.

Absolutely. Even if they integrated an exclusive-to-WP function into each big title release on the 360 to enable the release of apps. Can you imagine customising your character and classes in Battlefield 3 through a WP app? Or doing likewise things on Gears of War, Halo, and Modern Warfare?? Maybe, start a new tuning set up for one of your favourite cars on Forza 4? I know for a fact, that if I showed my friends any of this, and as sad as it sounds, that would still be enough for them to move over.

It's all about exclusivity. If you are buying 'Windows', you want to be able to show the fruits of your co-existing MS products. One thing that bugs the **** out of me is how Zune on the 360 doesn't sync with your own Zune player on your PC/Mac. Again, having a few mates round for beers and pizza (who all own 360's), you want to be able to show them what they're missing out on. Once this is done, it would be cool to see a Zune remote app for WP. Be in control of the playlist and music at your own party from anywhere in the house. Sweet!

DS McGuire

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I suppose I count as the other people since I do not have a WP7 yet. I understand you point nobody cares about WP7 right up until they try it. I tried it in the shop and fell in love with it. I think it's because people don't like MS. I'm not really sure.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand the bitter hatred towards MS. Some people act like Bill Gates raped their granny! Sure, Vista was a load of crap, but apart from that, why all the hatred?

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
I've told my AT&T corporate rep that I recently got a wp7 and he was so surprised that I liked it, he said he usually doesn't hear anything positive about wp7.

I also told my store salesmen who was checking in on me if my work needs anything, and she was so surprised she told me it's terrible and that she had the surround and hated it, she said they are giving them away for free.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've told my AT&T corporate rep that I recently got a wp7 and he was so surprised that I liked it, he said he usually doesn't hear anything positive about wp7.

I also told my store salesmen who was checking in on me if my work needs anything, and she was so surprised she told me it's terrible and that she had the surround and hated it, she said they are giving them away for free.

Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Something else that would give the WP a push would be to get Zune out there on Youtube. Instead of just "Buy on iTunes" underneath the video, they could have the option for Zune next to it, as well.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Something else that would give the WP a push would be to get Zune out there on Youtube. Instead of just "Buy on iTunes" underneath the video, they could have the option for Zune next to it, as well.

google probably wouldnt allow it. Or find a way to constantly break it.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i was at the mall the other day and noticed one of the tmobile reps at the kiosk, had an htc hd7 as his personal phone! i was surprised... honestly peoples opinions of this handset are completely based off of ignorance and lack of knowledge. i remember back in the day before i was a phone junkie, if i didnt know what it was i thought it was stupid. kind of like when the g1 first came out. i thought it was just ugly! and had never heard of android. at the same time i thought my BB storm was the best thing ever! wow, what a joke that was. point being, these poeple just dont know any better, word will slowly get out, all it takes is for someone to play with one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)