Nokia would be the perfect Hardware for me...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I was a long time Palm user. My first Nokia phone was the N8. It's really a nice phone. It has a solid one piece aluminum body, gorilla glass, a 12MP camera that takes outstanding photos, HD video, a radio transmitter for playing your music over your radio, OVI maps are really good. Any of their promo videos will show you just how nice of a phone it is:

Nokia N8 - Preview Video Ufficiale #2 - YouTube

I am sure I get a Nokia WP phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i love the light feel of the Samsung phones , hehe not a big fan of all the BULKY tanks coming out of HTC and the others

doesn’t feel like i have a brick in my pocket , it might feel cheap but obviously its not.

the fact is , its probably more durable then the others. ( i got mad one night and pitched my OMNIA 2 AMOLED phone against my wall . screen exploded out of the phone , all i had to do was reconnect it and it still works LOL )

ah well , hopefully the next GEN Samsung WP won’t feel so cheap ,c cause it is the best WP so far ;) lol ( or the one with most sells ) that way they can bring more people in.

but EVEN HTC is looking to change the style of their phones cause to many consumer complain bout the Ugly none stylish of HTC. see the new concept HTC? pretty cheap looking LOL.

Hopefully NOKIA can find a good Middle between Style and not feeling cheap.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen, even Nokia's mid-range phones are really well-built. They have Gorilla Glass, either IPS or AMOLED screens, and feel solid.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
HTC just had it's third consecutive record breaking quarter. People may be complaining, but they still are buying their phones. As far as samsung is concerned, a lot of their phones are similar....which are iPhone clones. I like how they look and hope they don't change though. Only make them bigger. My next phone may be a Samsung phone, which I'll actually buy a hard case for, so I won't have to worry about it feeling so cheap. That's really the only downside to Sammy's phones.
i love the light feel of the Samsung phones , hehe not a big fan of all the BULKY tanks coming out of HTC and the others

doesn’t feel like i have a brick in my pocket , it might feel cheap but obviously its not.

the fact is , its probably more durable then the others. ( i got mad one night and pitched my OMNIA 2 AMOLED phone against my wall . screen exploded out of the phone , all i had to do was reconnect it and it still works LOL )

ah well , hopefully the next GEN Samsung WP won’t feel so cheap ,c cause it is the best WP so far ;) lol ( or the one with most sells ) that way they can bring more people in.

but EVEN HTC is looking to change the style of their phones cause to many consumer complain bout the Ugly none stylish of HTC. see the new concept HTC? pretty cheap looking LOL.

Hopefully NOKIA can find a good Middle between Style and not feeling cheap.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC just had it's third consecutive record breaking quarter. People may be complaining, but they still are buying their phones. As far as samsung is concerned, a lot of their phones are similar....which are iPhone clones. I like how they look and hope they don't change though. Only make them bigger. My next phone may be a Samsung phone, which I'll actually buy a hard case for, so I won't have to worry about it feeling so cheap. That's really the only downside to Sammy's phones.

cause of Android hehe ;) but yeah i know HTC is good . like you can see in my signature MOST of my phones have been HTC.

i actually like the Build qualaty / feel of Samsung phone. hehe , i dunno if id go as far as saying they are Iphone Clones ( they much beter then Iphone lol ) every one i know whith a Iphone 4 has broken then screen atlease once sints they have it LOL. but they do have that ALL the phone are the same Strategy.

PS, nice new avatar.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Focus has much better OS. I cracked the screen of two of my iPhones. The iPhone 4 was still under warranty and they replaced it for free. But It cracked way to easy. I've dropped my focus several times...not a scratch on it!
cause of Android hehe ;) but yeah i know HTC is good . like you can see in my signature MOST of my phones have been HTC.

i actually like the Build qualaty / feel of Samsung phone. hehe , i dunno if id go as far as saying they are Iphone Clones ( they much beter then Iphone lol ) every one i know whith a Iphone 4 has broken then screen atlease once sints they have it LOL. but they do have that ALL the phone are the same Strategy.

PS, nice new avatar.
Thanks!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My cousin shattered the screen on his Focus. He just drops his phone all the time. And he doesn't use a case. So it's not that big of a surprise.

AT&T insurance sent him a refurbished Focus. The antennae stopped working after 3 days.

I have a refurbished Samsung camera where the led screen messed up after a few weeks.

I hear stories all the time where people get replacement Samsung devices and they break over and over again.

My Focus has been great. So has my wife's. But I have a feeling that Samsung does a really crappy job refurbishing their products.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
thats why u need to stay away from refurbished Phones LOL..... to be honest with you from experiance of working in cells , Refurbish phoens ALWAYS suck no matter who sends them abck lol .

thats why we stoped ( my company ) giving refurb phones , now we actually just fix it. and give a temp phone for the week or 2 that it takes.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was a long time Palm user. My first Nokia phone was the N8. It's really a nice phone. It has a solid one piece aluminum body, gorilla glass, a 12MP camera that takes outstanding photos, HD video, a radio transmitter for playing your music over your radio, OVI maps are really good. Any of their promo videos will show you just how nice of a phone it is:

Nokia N8 - Preview Video Ufficiale #2 - YouTube

I am sure I get a Nokia WP phone.

This is what I'm hoping they do for WP. I remember holding my Zune HD and thinking, this is what I want my phone to feel like, even if it were a little bigger. It seems like this is what the Nokia phones will be like. If they have an aluminum body, gorilla glass, and great camera, they will have the sex appeal WP needs to convert people.

Right now, why would you get an HTC WP phone when you can get the same exact phone with Android on it with a bigger app market and more commercial acceptance? Now, I did it, and I know many people here did, but the average customer walking into a cell phone store will steer away from the little-known WP in the corner and go for the Apple or Android phones that are pervasive in the phone industry.

Nokia could change that if they make devices that just look and feel like luxury devices. Things like build quality, camera quality, superior reception, and attractive accessories could really help get WP devices into the hands of consumers. If they become just another Samsung, then they won't make a difference for WP.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
HTC just had it's third consecutive record breaking quarter.
No doubt due to Cavendish winning all those sprints in the Tour de France ;)

Cavendish_Tour09_st3.jpg

Mark-Cavendish-001.jpg

Mark+Cavendish+Le+Tour+de+France+2011+Stage+4I8bgjQ5-E9l.jpg

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Colour me excited about Nokia getting on board. While my HTC HD7 isn't bad, I've definitely had better build quality in the past. The touch screen is a bit hit' n miss, the camera is terrible, and the phone generally does strange things, for example, turn the volume down and pause music by itself.

Last edited:

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My first ever cell phone was a Nokia device. I always <<wanted>> a Nokia Smartphone, but they were either not available or way too expensive.

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If I'm remembering correctly Nokia phones used to have very good reception. I'm hoping Verizon gets a WP7 that does better than the trophy. I would definitely get a Nokia.

I seem to remember that Nokia had some adverse feelings toward CDMA. I can't put my finger on it but it sticks in the back of my head. That being said, a really good Nokia phone might be the thing to push me over to AT&T.......maybe.....

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember that Nokia had some adverse feelings toward CDMA. I can't put my finger on it but it sticks in the back of my head. That being said, a really good Nokia phone might be the thing to push me over to AT&T.......maybe.....

Well supposedly they're making a high-end WP7 phone for Verizon.

Nokia is changing their strategy immensely:
- Their first WP7 devices are using Qualcomm chips. This is a big deal, since Nokia had a bitter patent dispute with Qualcomm just a few years a go and refused to use their chips.
- They used to only sell their high-end phones unlocked, now they will sell them subsidized through the carriers
- They're taking a "US-centric" approach, with exclusive models for each carrier. Including CDMA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss