HTC Event - Today

atitdd

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys im sure you are well aware of the HTC Mango event today (starts @ approx 1:30pm eastern)

anyone know any blogs or site covering it live or any live feed avaliable?

Thanks

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
NO ONE is blogging, tweeting or anything about it. Not even wpcentral. Does anyone else not see a problem with this complete lack of marketing for WP7? This is the OS supposed to rise to number two by 2015? Maybe they actually meant it would take 2015 YEARS to get to number two.....

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well its just started and still nothing...

im expecting to see NEWS on it later tonight or tomorow morning once the Writers get back from the road trip.

but it would have been ncie to have a live feed.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Jay Bennett & Rich Edmonds are at the event and are tweeting. Not as good as a live blog but hey at least they are there for wpc. :)

atitdd

May 31, 2011
Visit site
ya man i totally agree, it completely blows how much major tech sites ignore WP7.....most of them are biased android and ios nut riders and not really journalists. It sucks because WP7 imho is actually a superior product and deserves much more attention as well as marketing blitz from MS and its vendors

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Jay Bennett & Rich Edmonds are at the event and are tweeting. Not as good as a live blog but hey at least they are there for wpc. :)

But nothing from the official wpcentral feed, i dont follow those 2 so how would I know? The mainstream press ignores WP7, wasnt expecting the silence from here too. Especially after plastering the news of the event on their site weeks ago.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
But nothing from the official wpcentral feed, i dont follow those 2 so how would I know? The mainstream press ignores WP7, wasnt expecting the silence from here too. Especially after plastering the news of the event on their site weeks ago.

well you should follow does 2!!!!! Richard is a Writer for WPCentral so the enw we will see will come from him , and Jay is the Programer for the WPcentral APP and all otehr programing needs. . hehehe ...

they are the only 2 wpcentral people at the event ....!!!!

ok im gona go troll at android central for now ..

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Radar is a disappointment. :(

The budget WP market can be served with the devices that exist in the market already.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Titan looks awesome. Looks like it has much better camera and better build quality than the HD7 (my 2 biggest complaints). 4.7" SLCD isn't hurting either :)

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Up on Engadget now too. Titan looks good (if huuuge), though bummer the screen resolution isn't boosted up. Radar looks worse on paper than the Mozart is now - I'd trade a VGA front-facing camera for a removable (and upgradeable) battery any day.

I'm just not excited about either of these devices, tbh. Here's hoping Samsung's Galaxy S2 variant really kicks things off.

Windows Winner

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Telstra in Australia will carry the Titan which I certainly will be buying!!

image1.jpg

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Up on Engadget now too. Titan looks good (if huuuge), though bummer the screen resolution isn't boosted up. Radar looks worse on paper than the Mozart is now - I'd trade a VGA front-facing camera for a removable (and upgradeable) battery any day.

I'm just not excited about either of these devices, tbh. Here's hoping Samsung's Galaxy S2 variant really kicks things off.

I'm with you. I might have to hold the Titan in my hand before judging, but I really don't want a mini-tablet for a phone. That's one reason I dumped my Evo. I want my phone to fit comfortably in my pocket.

The Radar looks terrible IMO. Just ugly and underpowered.

This announcement does make me think, however, about how Sprint is going to continue dying a slow death even with the iPhone. Actually, especially because of the iPhone, because Sprint thinks they're giving customers what they want. I suspect Android and iPhone are going to dominate their selection. I already have one foot out the door with all the new phones being announced for AT&T and T-Mobile. There's little doubt the Nokia phones will head to AT&T first. What I want, and I believe other customers want, is CHOICE. AT&T gives that to customers in abundance. My contract with Sprint is up 8/2012, and I bet many new WP phones are announced for other carriers and maybe one will come to Sprint. That won't be enough to keep me from paying the ETF and jumping on a sexy WP Mango device somewhere else.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to like both phones but I just can't. The Titan is just too big. I like a big screen and the 4 inch Focus is perfect. But 4.7 is too much. Aside from the screen I can't think of any thing that really stands out about the phone. 8MP camera is nice for large photos but I need to hear more about photo quality first. 16GB storage is great but nothing ground breaking. And then we have the Radar. Now I could live with a 3.7 inch screen but IMO that's one ugly phone. And man, baby got back! The bottom just doesn't look good. It's too dumpy looking and appears like it could snap off easily.

I'm less excited about phone specs and more excited about the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss