Windows Phone #2 OS by 2015

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it is difficult to tell what is going to happen 4 years from now. There are alot of unexpected variables that can change things so I could see this happening but who knows and unless MS changes what they are doing it wont happen.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If Microsoft invests heavily in the corporate world then they could corner that market. Lots of businesses use Exchange, Office and SharePoint so promoting a phone that can do these things natively is a no brainer.

I can't see Microsoft getting the attention of the consumer market unless they do more with Xbox 360 integration. There are tons of Xbox 360s out there. If they can tap that market and things spread word of mouth I could see the phone taking off that way. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
That's really unfortunate. Every time someone says one platform will do better than the other, it never happens. iOS and Android never came out and said that they would do better than everyone else, not did journalists really speculate that it would happen. Then come webOS and BlackBerry 6 (the Torch). Everyone said they would beat iOS and android and where are they now?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I see this happening, without a problem. Microsoft is revamping the company with strong partnerships, innovating and hype in so many areas, and above all it has made its #1 priority customer satisfaction.

How many users do you think will switch to WP8 when they realize they can make unlimited calls over wifi for free, or that their phone rivals a full fledged camera or field recorder (pureview, richrecording)?

Edit: look at this video [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur6La-ucGxM&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft invests heavily in the corporate world then they could corner that market. Lots of businesses use Exchange, Office and SharePoint so promoting a phone that can do these things natively is a no brainer.

I can't see Microsoft getting the attention of the consumer market unless they do more with Xbox 360 integration. There are tons of Xbox 360s out there. If they can tap that market and things spread word of mouth I could see the phone taking off that way. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

My thoughts exactly.

There are tons of people who hate apple just to hate it and their only "real" option is Android right now for tablets as well. Get synergy for work and fun with Xbox, desktop OS, phone OS, tablet all together and MS will pass android. I don't see it being done by 2015 but who knows? They can take a HUGE chunk out of android if they do it right.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't see WP overtaking android unless these patent trials go bad for Samsung. As it stands right now Google is addressing some of the issues with android such as lag in the UI along with bringing new features. I do see WP overtaking Apple, but I don't know exactly how long it will take.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3