How important is...specific auxiliary functions

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
How important are...specific auxiliary functions

I was just wondering how important specific auxiliary functions are important to you, as a smart phone owner? Things like DLNA, highest quality camera, NFC, etc... Which would you like to the see the most in your next phone and which can you live without? These, of course, will be different from person to person, so I don't expect any unanimity.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like a good camera but I checked FFC. Not that I think I'll use it much but its one of those nice to have options. What I think is most important is turn by turn directions. I don't think I dig touching the screen to move forward much. Luckily Sprint offers Telenav.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I picked FFC, but was torn with that and high quality camera.

But went with FFC because it adds additional functionality. It makes it much easier to take self-portraits with friends instead of guessing and hoping that you're all in the camera view.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
None of those are important to me at all with respect to phone features. If I had to choose one, I'd lean toward NFC as this is something I can see being semi useful down the line.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
FFC I suppose. Not saying WP7 owners have the highest quality devices, but the standards for the cameras are above average for OEM's. I really don't have a use for FFC's right now being that NO ONE I talk to uses it/has one

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to go with DLNA with NFC being the second choice. I'm interested in more advanced functions and integration allowing us to move quickly toward synergy. The camera issue is really not an issue of availability but a cost factor

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
A crappy camera is a deal breaker for me.

then buy a camera LOL
ive said it before and ill say it again!! ..
NO ONE SHOUL EVER COMPLAIN about a phone camera ( specially on smart phones they are all 5pm+ ) cameras on phones are 100% for casual users...!!!! unless they start making phones that are 5`` thick to fit proper Camera hardware in them....

i would LOVE to see INFERRED or RF come back!! i use to love using my phones as a TV remote. specially in my guess room i dont have a remote :( lol

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
i would LOVE to see INFERRED or RF come back!! i use to love using my phones as a TV remote. specially in my guess room i dont have a remote :( lol

+1 This. I voted for high-quality camera. It is nice to be able to take decent pictures without having to lug my camera everywhere. I miss IR/RF so much since my WinMo days, though.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
then buy a camera LOL
NO ONE SHOUL EVER COMPLAIN about a phone camera ( specially on smart phones they are all 5pm+ ) cameras on phones are 100% for casual users...!!!! unless they start making phones that are 5`` thick to fit proper Camera hardware in them....

Nokia N8 would beg to differ.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
then buy a camera LOL

okay, so then stop saying it. because, like it or not, there are plenty of us out there who would like to be able to take a halfway decent pic occasionally without having to always be carrying around a bunch of high end camera gear. If the mfr's don't intend for us to be able to take pics with our phones then stop putting cameras in them and stop advertising the he!! out of the fact that they put a 5MP camera in this phone or an 8MP camera in that phone.

Just because YOU don't care about the quality of the camera in YOUR phone doesn't mean the rest of us have to make do with the crap that passes for cameras in most smartphones these days.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The camera is the one thing that puts me off my HD7. It's awful.

Looking forward to seeing what Nokia's WP7 has to offer; they've always had decent cameras.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
For me a smartphone is primarily an information hub, so NFC is probably the feature that would influence me most. A high quality camera is very nice to have, but from a practical standpoint does it make my life easier and more convenient? Not so much.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
okay, so then stop saying it. because, like it or not, there are plenty of us out there who would like to be able to take a halfway decent pic occasionally without having to always be carrying around a bunch of high end camera gear. If the mfr's don't intend for us to be able to take pics with our phones then stop putting cameras in them and stop advertising the he!! out of the fact that they put a 5MP camera in this phone or an 8MP camera in that phone.

Just because YOU don't care about the quality of the camera in YOUR phone doesn't mean the rest of us have to make do with the crap that passes for cameras in most smartphones these days.

your right i DONT care about the already AMAZING camera in my phone right now....... **** i take HD pics with my phones. 3 years ago you had to pay 500$+ just to have a HD camera

now we have it in cell phones and people STILL complain about the camera.....

you says you would like to take a decent pic.. then pick up your phone and click away budy!!

the camera quality is already 100% better then what it was 1 year ago ... i just dont understand why you say you need a better camera when ist already REALLY good for what it is.......

while your at it ... you can complain that: we dont have space shuttles to carry us to mars...

Realistically speaking.....

Last edited:

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I mean I'd like a nice camera to just be able to take pictures and not be embarrassed to show the picture because it sucks. It's not what I look for when I buy. I just kind of 'expect' it to be decent.

I don't really have any auxiliary standards, however I would be interested to see the future go into NFC capabilities. QRcodes are cool, but they take time and most of the apps suck. NFC takes it to a whole new level and it's neat.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i just took a pick with my FOCUS and with my buds Iphone 4 ( at work ) ... and if you feel embarrassed about showing that off..... let me tell you there wasnt a UGE diffrents ... personally i dint see much.... sorta like the one on my focus more.

have you guys played with the setting at all? the defaults settign suck...

and i know this ont he focus i dunno abotu other WP7 ... but your settign dont save.. you ahve to redo it every time..

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just want my phone to WORK!!! All the other stuff is icing on the cake!! No lockups or lagging...just work correctly!! And that's what I get from my WP7!! It just works.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I want an OEM to make a real cameraphone for photoenthusiasts, not some glorified point and shoot. I'm tired of the "my phone replaced my camera" comments. The only reason it's true for me is because my phone is good enough for most situations. Not great in any respect other than convenience. Nokia's the only one likely to do it as they've put emphasis on great image capture in their devices over the years.

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I want Wifi Tethering in my phones.

Se1fcr3ation, you mentioned your point of view once already about the camera, no need to drag this on like you do. If you are happy with the phone camera quality, fine. The phone camera cannot hold against my compact camera, which I'm carrying around right now most of the days. Awfully slow, horrible performance in difficult lighting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb