Beside Mode?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like battery saver mode will work for you too. Calls and text will come through.

Is "Battery Saver Mode" a standard WP7 feature or specific to the Focus? I don't have my Trophy with me right now, so I can't look at my phone to see. Where will I find the BSM?

Thanks.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like battery saver mode will work for you too. Calls and text will come through.

That's just it. I don't want texts coming in. If there's an emergency, no one is going to text me. They'll call. I don't want to be awakened by the sound of a text coming in. I do hope someone sees the need for this.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That's just it. I don't want texts coming in. If there's an emergency, no one is going to text me. They'll call. I don't want to be awakened by the sound of a text coming in. I do hope someone sees the need for this.

When I was the commander of a volunteer organization, texts is how I notified my members of a call-out. I could blast out the pertinent info in one text to everyone at the same time. In the middle of the night, it's not such a jolt to have a text message ring, versus a ring for the phone. Much less disturbing to my wife.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I see the need on Andy and WinMo I used Phone Weaver. I think I will send them an email to see if they are working on anything.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
When I was the commander of a volunteer organization, texts is how I notified my members of a call-out. I could blast out the pertinent info in one text to everyone at the same time. In the middle of the night, it's not such a jolt to have a text message ring, versus a ring for the phone. Much less disturbing to my wife.

And that is fine. Bedside Mode allowed you to create a custom sound profile that would allow only what you wanted. So if you wanted texts only and no phone calls, you could do so. If I wanted phone calls only but no texts, I could do so. Being able to custom tailor it to your needs is what was nice.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
actually this feature is not that important to me anymore. I don't have my e mail ringtone set. I'm not the commander of the organization now so I don't need to know when certain e mails come in. Actually I don't even have that e mail account set up on my phone, just my Touchpad.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

That's just one part of it. If it is ONLY tied to a time, what happens when you stay out late one evening past the start time. You might want to get emails and texts then. It needs to be tied to a time AND being on AC power.

Also, this scheme wouldn't allow you to turn off some notifications and not others. It would be all or nothing. It would be nice to adjust your notifications (sounds and vibrate) and not just adjust the overall volume or turn off the radio altogether.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3