Desicion time, Titan or Focus S?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad ATT is getting 2 badass wp7, only issue is...which to buy? Heres my problem, Titan has great build quality as evidenced by the htc inspire, the SLCD Screen is actually pretty damn good, As far as 4.7 screen I can get used too anything so It probably would be a good thing as well, I have 4.3 now and sometimes I wish I had a bit more space, I cant really find too many complaints with.the titan tbh, great build, looks, screen, camera hopefully and 16gb is enough. Only dislike imo is 800x400 on that large screen.

Then we have the Focus S, main selling point is obviously the SAP screen, I have a galaxy s2 now and its great!, camera, screen, everything except the build quality, now its not bad per say but it is all plastic and feels very cheap and almost too light. Ive gotten used to it but Id love a better build.

So it comes out to 2 things when deciding, screen vs build, like I said SLCD is not too shabby but the contrast and blacks on SAP are unreal. 4.7 could be nice too..argh, if stupid Nokia would hurry up I wouldnt even be here as they have the best of both worlds (Amoled+build+Camera+Looks=Epic)

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For me, the 4.7 inch screen is the main downside of the Titan. Not only will it be uncomfortable in my pocket, but it'll suck down battery life like crazy.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
3migo the reviews I have read indicate that it fells good in the hand the size is the same lenth wise and its 2mm wider and thinner it is said to still easily in a dhirt pocket. And the mango is even more efficient

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting both. I think the Focus S is sized about right and, but I'm curious to see how WP7 scales at 4.7", and the f/2.2 camera of the Titan definitely has my interest piqued. I have a feeling they'll both end up being roughly equal overall. The only gripe I have so far about either is that they won't likely come in 32GB variants. Looks like my Focus is getting a 32GB card and functioning as a ZuneHD this fall.

Going back to the Titan and WVGA on that screen, 800x480 @ 4.7" is 198.5PPI, which is still better than the pre-iPhone 4 pixel density of 164.83PPI (320x480 @ 3.5"), and people raved about the clarity of that display in its time. In addition to that, let's not forget that the Silverlight-based Windows Phone works mostly with vectors which scale extremely well. In most Windows Phone apps, I believe the only bitmaps are the backgrounds in panoramas, which should still look pretty good. At 4.7", smaller elements like captions on app bar buttons should look impressively readable. Ultimately, the PPI of the Titan won't impress tech bloggers, but the masses won't care. I'm sure I won't either.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
4.7" too big. Battery life has gotta be poor. The samsung with the samoled would be amazing.

Honestly I have held both a 4.3" and a 4.5" phone in my hands and even though the difference is only .2" it felt massive in my hands. So for me the samsung, no doubt.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Both phones have the same resolution screen, but one is a SAMOLED unit and slightly smaller, so higher pixel density and better on battery life for a negligible loss in screen real estate.

Unless the Focus S is a zillion dollars, it's a no brainer.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Every samsung phone I ever had, had a terrible radio in them...couldnt get signal where my htc or moto would get great signal...htc always makes a winner as far as hardware...samsung: It's hit or miss. Just my 2 cents

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to take a look at the Titan in person. I have seen two of the HD7s in person and the screen, in my opinion, isn't close to the Focus screen. If the Titan's screen is the same, it'll be Focus S for me, no doubt.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC build quality is a bit overrated. The HTC sensation has a lot of problems with broken volume buttons because of his unibody form. ( instead of a battery door on the back, you basically split the phone in two )

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC build quality is a bit overrated. The HTC sensation has a lot of problems with broken volume buttons because of his unibody form. ( instead of a battery door on the back, you basically split the phone in two )

I shouldn't have said "always" but it's better than samsungs 50%...The fascinate and the nexus s I used to havewere not very good quality at all. Also to me the samoled screen is very cartoonish and pixilated

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Also to me the samoled screen is very cartoonish and pixilated

wait for the FOCUS S ,, SUPPER AMMOLED PLUS = double the Pixels of the S-AMOLED ( if you get a chance , compare the GS2 to the FOCUS, UGE diffrents in pixels )

even apple is switching to it ... or are talkign about it.

so dont talk to much againts AMOLED its slowly taking over the world and has the most potential out of all the other screens.

keep in mind it still a some what NEW tech compare to other screens.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
the screen size isnt going to be a big battery factor people.... however the superamoled will... the superamoled plus will definately drain the battery far faster the a larger screen... especially a 4.3 " superamoled, however i still want one... both phones are bad A*S ! cant go wrong! im leaning towards the samsung, but i would want to play with both, i love that big screen!!!

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
the screen size isnt going to be a big battery factor people.... however the superamoled will... the superamoled plus will definately drain the battery far faster the a larger screen... especially a 4.3 " superamoled, however i still want one... both phones are bad A*S ! cant go wrong! im leaning towards the samsung, but i would want to play with both, i love that big screen!!!

Not true, the battery is great on my GS2, If any its even more efficent then SA.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
wait for the FOCUS S ,, SUPPER AMMOLED PLUS = double the Pixels of the S-AMOLED ( if you get a chance , compare the GS2 to the FOCUS, UGE diffrents in pixels )

even apple is switching to it ... or are talkign about it.

so dont talk to much againts AMOLED its slowly taking over the world and has the most potential out of all the other screens.

keep in mind it still a some what NEW tech compare to other screens.

Didnt mean to upset you and I'm sorry for talking against samoled, I was going by my old fasi and ns4g which are indeed digi and cartoonish. if the plus has more ppi then great! Soon as vzw gets something like it I'll check it out..Apple should leave their screen alone it looks great as of now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb