Time To Return To NoDo (If You Want The Genuine Mango)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone Mango update imminent | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Well i'm glad i had the patience to stay with NoDo after trying out new firmware for my Omnia 7.

It was T Mobile branded and I hated it. So now back with NoDo.

I guess everyone will be happy with their 7720.68 Mango builds so no need to bother too much I guess. The real deal probably won't be any different.

But what about future updates, you won't get them either right ?

Looks like now it's been confirmed that this build (7720.68) won't update to the official Mango or future updates.

What do you all think ? Time to return to NoDo ? Or is anyone not bothered ?

Last edited:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i knew it, so many people were saying that sources have specifically stated that there was no need to revert back to nodo in order to get the official update! i am also glad i stuck with my gut on this one weebear... i have been back on nodo for about a month now, maybe 3 weeks. patiently waiting on the official version. i get impatient sometimes and cave in on the urge of leaked updates, however it always becomes a pain in the butt. too many bugs, no future updates, too much work needed, the process is sketchy, back-ups fail, ect... from this day forward i vow to never install a custom rom or a leaked update. i will wait on official updates, or nothing at all...

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
After traipsing through endless threads regarding the Mango ROMS, I'm relieved I didn't make the decision to flash my phone. I'd be kicking myself, right about now. :D

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm still not convinced there is no upgrade from 7720. I'll wait till I start seeing other Surrounds getting the update before I revert back to nodo. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing. It just won't give a notification. Besides being on ATT it might be a longer wait.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Noooooooo. Go back to NoDo from Mango?? Say it ain't so Joe! lol. I'm sort of with ninjaap on this one. If we need to head back to nodo, it won't be a big issue to do but I'll wait a bit to see what shakes out when the updates begin.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I reverted back a couple of weeks ago back to NoDo. Then I did a hard reset and installed only the apps/games that I really wanted to keep. Now I'm just waiting for the update from T-Mobile.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been through so many devices and hard resets that reverting to Nodo, if that's necessary, isn't a big deal.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been through so many devices and hard resets that reverting to Nodo, if that's necessary, isn't a big deal.
It's a bit frustrating when you're trying to get the last few achievements on Angry Birds Rico.

So my friend told me anyway, as of course I would never ever play such a stupid game.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
i knew it, so many people were saying that sources have specifically stated that there was no need to revert back to nodo in order to get the official update! i am also glad i stuck with my gut on this one weebear... i have been back on nodo for about a month now, maybe 3 weeks. patiently waiting on the official version. i get impatient sometimes and cave in on the urge of leaked updates, however it always becomes a pain in the butt. too many bugs, no future updates, too much work needed, the process is sketchy, back-ups fail, ect... from this day forward i vow to never install a custom rom or a leaked update. i will wait on official updates, or nothing at all...

What "sources" said you wouldn't have to revert back to nodo before upgrading to the official mango? And by "sources" i don't mean "random wpcentral/xdaforum poster." I think it has been made very clear from the start that if you upgraded to the dev version(s) of mango, you would have to downgrade to nodo when the official version came out. As for that leaked "official" version, who knows?

As for me, I always new I would have to downgrade to nodo after I used the dev version of mango, but it's been completely worth it. It might take me an hour or two to get my phone set up the way it was before after the transition, but I've had mango for months now, and loved every second of it.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
What "sources" said you wouldn't have to revert back to nodo before upgrading to the official mango? And by "sources" i don't mean "random wpcentral/xdaforum poster." I think it has been made very clear from the start that if you upgraded to the dev version(s) of mango, you would have to downgrade to nodo when the official version came out. As for that leaked "official" version, who knows?

As for me, I always new I would have to downgrade to nodo after I used the dev version of mango, but it's been completely worth it. It might take me an hour or two to get my phone set up the way it was before after the transition, but I've had mango for months now, and loved every second of it.

The directions on xda I followed to get mango posted by some german developer. He said there is a chance you would have to revert back from the rtm mango. I don't think anyone knows for sure but I guess we will find out maybe tomorrow?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It's a bit frustrating when you're trying to get the last few achievements on Angry Birds Rico.

So my friend told me anyway, as of course I would never ever play such a stupid game.
Lol, I've yet to really play that game. Played the first few levels few and put it down.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Brandon Watson or the official beta install directions said that there was no official upgrade path from the beta to the final retail package. I know I expected as much going in. The instructions certainly stressed backing up your phone.

And to echo the words of a poster above me, the betas have been worth the trouble of having to downgrade to upgrade. I'm probably not going to upgrade to the final until either a ROM of the final leaks, or we're a few weeks into the rolling upgrade cycle. I don't want to be stuck on Nodo. Mango is that good.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I'm not reverting back unit Brandon Watson says you have to. ****, I don't know where my NoDo backup is at anyway.
I'm still not convinced there is no upgrade from 7720. I'll wait till I start seeing other Surrounds getting the update before I revert back to nodo. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing. It just won't give a notification. Besides being on ATT it might be a longer wait.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

oh god i hate att sometimes. if everybody else gets the update but att im gonna have to flash a rom. such bulldooky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb