Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I think we all need to relax with a Mango Cocktail. :cool:

n9nax.jpg

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Guys, it's not gonna be released through the carriers today. Maybe it gets out there in the wild by next week, but don't waste your day checking over and over, it's not gonna be there.

Nobody wants this on their phone more than I do, but even if Microsoft ok's things, the carriers aren't gonna push it out today. Their own track record suggests that even next week might be pushing it. I'd pay AT&T $50 for Mango today, but there is no way it's gonna update today.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im not holding my breath! ,,, honestly im not expecting it for an other week...

9AM here in Montreal Canada still no go. ( with ROGERS ) and im prety sure my company ( BELL ) hasent even thought of it yet ,

haha im keeping an eye out for it in my MEMO`s i should know a day or 2 before it comes out .. Normaly..

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the only news im seeing is the LTE network we launched yesterday.... kinda clouding the MANGO update i think... :( lol

its not that im NOT a Believer, its that im realistic . lol

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriously though - as I said earlier, it would be REALLY bad if you can walk into a shop in Taiwan and get your phone upgraded over your lunch hour tomorrow, but people in the US, Europe and the ROTW can't get an upgrade at all even if they have unbranded hardware.

After all, how's it going to look if they can't organise a software roll-out for an upgrade that's been finished for weeks in the midst of their big developer conference?

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm slightly confused with people talking about the carriers releasing the update. I thought all WP7 updates are handled by MS through the Zune software. I thought the carriers got the update, made any network specific changes and then handed back to MS for release. Then MS release for all networks at the same time?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've pretty much put it out of my mind and getting on with my day. If it shows up, great. But if not, well, tomorrow's another day. As the old saying goes "A watched pot never boils". ;)

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Most Live updates come out around 2am Pacific Standard time. Even then, I would hold your horses until the afternoon. For all we know, it'll simply be an announcement. We don't even know if the roll out will happen all on the same day globally, or be split up.

No way in heck it it actually happening today. If anything, someone somewhere with some unbranded device or other will get it and the rest of us will have to wait for the carriers.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm slightly confused with people talking about the carriers releasing the update. I thought all WP7 updates are handled by MS through the Zune software. I thought the carriers got the update, made any network specific changes and then handed back to MS for release. Then MS release for all networks at the same time?

This is what's baffling me. So much so, I phoned my carrier to confirm and they said the update release will be handled by MS as they have zero control over it's release. The guy I was speaking with also told me he wanted to know himself as he's a WP user.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99