It's September 15th - Mango Day!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mangosad.jpg

It's been a long day. Letting out a big sigh now.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind, WeeBear. We fell for the cock teasing, but it was fun whilst it lasted. Hey, I'd do it all again... ROLL ON THE NEXT RUMOUR!! :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i'd do it all again too guys. Yeah 23rd September is as good as any Se1fcr3ation. :)

Has to be record viewing figures for a new thread in one day though. Well done everyone and nice to see all the lurkers creeping out of the woodwork too. :)

Great WP7 community we have here I think. :)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the first big annoyance I've had with WP7 - or rather, the WP7 ecosystem. Microsoft is a massive company with massive resources, and it increasingly looks like it can't properly organise a global release date for software for unbranded phones we all KNOW is finished.

iOS updates arrive on the date they say they will, for everyone. Yet the best MS can manage for a group of users a fraction of the size of the iOS user base is a walk-in service for Taiwan and not even a solid date for the rest of us, leaving us to pester carriers for snippets of info?

Sorry, that's poor, whatever way you look at it (unless you live in Taiwan)

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This is the first big annoyance I've had with WP7 - or rather, the WP7 ecosystem. Microsoft is a massive company with massive resources, and it increasingly looks like it can't properly organise a global release date for software for unbranded phones we all KNOW is finished.

iOS updates arrive on the date they say they will, for everyone. Yet the best MS can manage for a group of users a fraction of the size of the iOS user base is a walk-in service for Taiwan and not even a solid date for the rest of us, leaving us to pester carriers for snippets of info?

I have to agree with you 100%.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Cant really argue with that.

Have a bit of patience guys. Honestly, I feel the frustration after months of researching Mango and teasing myself with the prospect of getting it today. But, that's just it, I chose to invest hope into an 'unofficial rumour' and I don't expect MS to squish this hype surrounding Mango by accepting or denying any credibility to rumours.

Just enjoy it dudes... it's all something to look back on and laugh about. :)

They've been teasing the bloody update since February, we know its gone to OEM's and carriers, we've heard from 3 carriers that they've completed testing and its up to Microsoft to release it - yet all we get is a video showing another feature we cant use as we dont have the update or the new devices.

Thats a long time to be kept dangling. As Pronk said, its pretty poor all round.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Damn it, giving up for the evening. The availability in Taiwan really got my hopes up. I suppose MS didn't promise anything for today, so no loss. Lets hope it doesn't take much longer.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
here we go again pronk... lol. first of all MS has never specified a date, but saying it will be this fall? guess what, its not fall yet... so if we get it here soon, it will be early. secondly ios has one phone to update and had one carrier ... but they control their updates because it doesnt get released to manufactures... that has pros and cons. my thoughts are, since you are always referencing to iphones and ios, just go buy one... im sure you would be happier. then it will match you mac and your ipad if you have one... it would complete that boring eco system. personally, i am going to continue to wait for mango because even w/o it, my phone still blows an iphone out of the water.

removable battery, zune pass, xbox live , FB & tiwtter integration, choice of phone, expandable memory, MS office, skydrive, list goes on....

ar8989

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Was getting really sick of waiting, then i got my email from MS granting me access to the mango developer download, thank god lol.

Don't want to make people feel any worse so i won't say much, except it's damn awesome :D

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
Was getting really sick of waiting, then i got my email from MS granting me access to the mango developer download, thank god lol.

Don't want to make people feel any worse so i won't say much, except it's damn awesome :D

You are aware of that you'll have to restore to your NoDo backup to get the real Mango later?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte