It's September 15th - Mango Day!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mango2.jpg

Well it's that big day, the widely speculated Mango Day!

No I haven't got it yet! but let the countdown begin.

8.00 AM in the UK and not a sausage as of yet.

How do we feel this morning? are we all excited about it? or are we thinking, no today isn't the day after all. :)

What ya think everyone, Yay or Nay ? :)

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hoping with fingers crossed...... but I doubt it it'll happen today. Release of Win8 Dev Preview and Mango in the same week?? It's too much to expect from MS.

(Come on MS, prove me wrong)

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I connected my phone to my PC on midnight. Nothing's showing up, 2:00 a.m. of Thursday the 15th.

EDIT: I want Mango so bad!

Last edited:

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Most Live updates come out around 2am Pacific Standard time. Even then, I would hold your horses until the afternoon. For all we know, it'll simply be an announcement. We don't even know if the roll out will happen all on the same day globally, or be split up.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If Taiwan are getting the Chinese build as of tomorrow on a walk-in basis, it's GOT to be on general release today via software update. Seriously, letting a (currently) tiny emerging market have a major OS update first in an advanced language pack version before the rest of the world can get the bog-standard English language version via download would be a PR disaster for a tech company. If that happens, they may as well offer to send you Mango on floppy disk :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well it's that big day, the widely speculated Mango Day!

No I haven't got it yet! but let the countdown begin.

8.00 AM in the UK and not a sausage as of yet.

How do we feel this morning? are we all excited about it? or are we thinking, no today isn't the day after all. :)

What ya think everyone, Yay or Nay ? :)

I have an unlocked German Trophy, so I am hoping the update comes to Europe first, so I can get my update about the same time that you do. :cool:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you believe I actually checked my phone when I got up for my 4 O' Clock pee, last night. :D

So far, I have only scan for updates via Zune twice. Okay, I think I'm due another attempt. :p

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's been a whole 2 minutes since you last checked Big Supes. ;)

Your phone is up to date... Current software version, blah! blah! Yeah, Whatever! YAWN! :)

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Even if Mango were released today, it would be a staggered rollout, so most people wouldn't receive a notification.

Love the composite, TheWeeBear. Some would say you're just a little too obsessed with Mango. But the dozens of pints of mango flavored H?agen-Dazs sorbet and several mango pineapple smoothies from McDonalds which I've devoured over the past few months paint a similar picture.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't actually like mango that much to be honest. I'm hoping my fruit preference doesn't affect the availability of updates :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rico, just joining in the Mango fun flavour of the day. Yes you're probably right, but having had Mango I just wan't everyone to get it and see what a massive improvement it will bring to everyone's phone.

Having a Mango yoghurt now, hey it's everywhere. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99