It's September 15th - Mango Day!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
This is what's baffling me. So much so, I phone my carrier to confirm and they said the update release will be handled by MS and they have zero control over it's release. The guy I was speaking with also told me he wanted to know himself as he's a WP user.

the guy basically is clueless ( i work for bell and i have NO idea when its coming out or have any info from bell on it and im a front line Agent ) . so for any CSR to claim any info is 100% rumors. unless they have friends in high places ( in wish case they couldnt tell you even if you begged. lol )

OEMS handle the update as they need to update it for w/e reasons.. once done they simply feed it back into the system for MS`s approval and release....

in othere words: MS give it to OEMS --> OEMS fix it up --> OEMs send it back to MS so they can upload it to ZUNE. so both of them play with it.

the reason they can come out on different dates is because some OEMs are freaking slow on setting it up the changes and MS doesn’t have a DEADLINE for OEMS to have it done.... they could for all we know NEVER release mango.... ( not gona happen but it could .. )

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not going to happen today, in the US for AT&T customers. Have my brother that works for AT&T corp division, and haven't been a word spoken about Mango update in the month of Sept at all! He has the Samsung Focus, so he is waiting and excited as well. He is not ruling it out, but no word so far in any meetings for the last month at least.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
the guy basically is clueless ( i work for bell and i have NO idea when its coming out or have any info from bell on it and im a front line Agent ) . so for any CSR to claim any info is 100% rumors. unless they have friends in high places ( in wish case they couldnt tell you even if you begged. lol )

OEMS handle the update as they need to update it for w/e reasons.. once done they simply feed it back into the system for MS`s approval and release....

in othere words: MS give it to OEMS --> OEMS fix it up --> OEMs send it back to MS so they can upload it to ZUNE. so both of them play with it.

the reason they can come out on different dates is because some OEMs are freaking slow on setting it up the changes and MS doesn’t have a DEADLINE for OEMS to have it done.... they could for all we know NEVER release mango.... ( not gona happen but it could .. )

I see. Thanks for clearing that up... and ruining my day! :p

Would it be safe to assume that the OEMs have done their fixing-up due to the final ROMs being leaked? This is the one thing that has given me hope for an immanent release.

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new around here.

Sorry to move a little bit off-topic, but I just noticed Palandri used to have a N8 before a WP. I actually own a N8, so is it worth it? Thanks!

And I used to go to my grampa's beach house in summer and collect tons (really) of mangoes! We had mango juice, mango dessert, for breakfast, lol...

But I have never been this excited for a mango like this time. Waiting for it to launch here where I live, finally.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to move a little bit off-topic, but I just noticed Palandri used to have a N8 before a WP. I actually own a N8, so is it worth it? Thanks!

And I used to go to my grampa's beach house in summer and collect tons (really) of mangoes! We had mango juice, mango dessert, for breakfast, lol...

But I have never been this excited for a mango like this time. Waiting for it to launch here where I live, finally.

Welcome! You're going to fit right in! :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Hey, you seem to have a lot of Mango's there, have you got our missing one ? ;)

Welcome along to WPCentral adamopinheiro. :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
He is not ruling it out, but no word so far in any meetings for the last month at least.

The fact that he is "not ruling it out" yet hasn't heard much about it to me sounds like his position doesn't really directly work in the release of the software...because, afterall...AT&T did have a press release about it this week, meaning it is being talking about in meetings somewhere in the corporation.

Would it be safe to assume that the OEMs have done their fixing-up due to the final ROMs being leaked? This is the one thing that has given me hope for an immanent release.

That is my assumption also. The HTC software has been checked and sent back to MS...so for AT&T to put out a release saying they were "going to be among the 1st to release it"....makes me think when they make that statement they know the other carriers aren't going to beat them. [Which, flip side, could also mean they were paying MS to sit on on the other carriers update while AT&T sits around with their thumb up their bums "checking" the software]

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I see. Thanks for clearing that up... and ruining my day! :p

well they have had the MANGO update for WEEKS NOW.... some are ready and are just waiting on MS to give the go ahead ( like vodaphone and telstra for example are ready)

as for At&T, Rogers , bell , telus , sprint ect.... we have no idea yet

( im keeping an eye on BELL , the second bell comes out with news you guys will be the first to know :) )

PS its not up to the OEM;s its up the the RTM .. HTC and samsung dont do the updates .. AT&T , bell .. ect.. they do. the only thing you might see from OEM is Unique apps to the phone like the NOW app on samsung witch alredy got the mango update to V 2.2( or w/e)

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The fact that he is "not ruling it out" yet hasn't heard much about it to me sounds like his position doesn't really directly work in the release of the software...because, afterall...AT&T did have a press release about it this week, meaning it is being talking about in meetings somewhere in the corporation.

That is my assumption also. The HTC software has been checked and sent back to MS...so for AT&T to put out a release saying they were "going to be among the 1st to release it"....makes me think when they make that statement they know the other carriers aren't going to beat them. [Which, flip side, could also mean they were paying MS to sit on on the other carriers update while AT&T sits around with their thumb up their bums "checking" the software]

Well he did say meetings have been about the new Mango devices, but nothing yet of any update today on Sept 15 or in the month of Sept.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
10:00 AM CST Chicago still no update :mellow:

vzvmhk.jpg

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

I still have my Nokia N8. It's a great phone!

I replaced my work phone which was a Palm Treo Pro with a HTC Trophy. It's an unlocked GSM Trophy from Germany. So far I like the Trophy and the WP7 OS. I am just waiting to see what the mango update brings. :cool:

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Have anyone notice in the Zune software, under the "Social" section, it's unavailable or is it just certain areas right now?

Damn, it's pretty sad, I'm looking for any reason for Mangos to drop out of the sky, into Zune onto my Omnia 7!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05