It's September 15th - Mango Day!

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
What's really going to be nice is when AT&T start selling those new Mango phones before they've released the Mango update to current phones. That's when the fan and the **** will meet. Can't wait.

I think that as long as Microsoft have anything to say in the matter they wont allow them to delay the Mango update for long to make people buy newer hardware. I certainly hope that MS have something to say about this, especially if it becomes my problem.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I sent them the following when they emailed me asking if i wanted to buy their phones. It works, haven't heard from them since! ;)

talk.jpg

That avatar gets everywhere! :)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll look back at this in a few months and feel slightly embarrassed about seeing things that just weren't there.

Well at least it looks like it was a group hallucination now, eh?

You don't mind if I do my "I was right" dance now, do you? No? Thanks! ;)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well at least it looks like it was a group hallucination now, eh?

You don't mind if I do my "I was right" dance now, do you? No? Thanks! ;)

Actually, no, you weren't right. Microsoft wasn't ready to launch on Sept 15 and so they did the right thing and KEPT SILENT. Even if Microsoft planned for Sept. 15 they never announced it, so you're still cheerleading for an UNCONFIRMED launch date. Though I'm guessing the technical differences between an official and unofficial announcement will go right over your head...

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they failed on their internal schedule, but as they didn't promise anything to us then there's no problem. I think in this case MS was trying to exceed the FALL promise and it would have been good.

I think MS are currently held up by carriers. As I'm not on contract I can't see why the update is being held back from my device.

Based on that leak, I'm a bit more worried about the staged 4 week release.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually, no, you weren't right. Microsoft wasn't ready to launch on Sept 15 and so they did the right thing and KEPT SILENT. Even if Microsoft planned for Sept. 15 they never announced it, so you're still cheerleading for an UNCONFIRMED launch date. Though I'm guessing the technical differences between an official and unofficial announcement will go right over your head...

No, my point was the constant hint dropping, partial roll out in other territories and lack of denial/concrete info were a poor way to *handle* a global launch. And now we know why - there were plans to launch that day. Plans that were obviously dropped later. Why that was, we don't know - but clearly there was a build up to a launch that didn't happen.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No, my point was the constant hint dropping...

*SNIP*

Then blame the tech bloggers. They took the Sept. 15th thing and ran with it. Even if MS wanted to launch that day, the point is they made no official announcement. Microsoft's official announcement was for fall. That still stands. You can't make Sept. 15th an unofficial official release date.

If MS said they were gonna launch on Sept. 15th and didn't, I'd be pissed. But if MS wanted to launch on Sept. 15th but kept silent, meh, it changes nothing.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
But they didn't keep silent, that's my point. There were a lot of hints dropped, public emails to devs etc.

Regardless, shall we just agree to disagree before everyone is bored to tears?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb