I just made myself sad

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had AT&T since high school and never had any service problems besides the normal spots ALL services have. So please, save the "AT&T has horrible service" for someone uninformed.

Easy there, I was just poking fun. If you're soo informed, you will understand that for the most part, the coverage AT&T provides is less than what they claim. You have good coverage where you live, great! AT&T sucks where I live and I've heard too many other people across the US, say the same thing.

I get crap service at my job, but so thats everyone else in the building. Sometimes its not the carrier its the buildings.

True. AT&T is terrible here at work. I can talk on my phone in any of our buildings and the people with AT&T have to go outside.

Some people who are with ATT I know you will find this difficult to believe actually have very good service in their home coverage areas. Unlike Sprint and TMo and occasionally (another gasp) Verizon!. You're entitled to your opinion but not your bias and your stereotyping!

Read my previous statement.

It really depends on where you live, I've had Verizon and got absolutely no bars at all (searching for signal). On AT&T it was 4 bars, some places it was the opposite situation. Pick the carrier that is best for your daily travelled areas.

I will agree with you. Therefore I will be with Vzw.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
oh really now? get a grip there's a mango beta around that's very easy to install. why can't people on this site understand that? is it better to just *edited out* about it like little babies?

In what way was I whining or griping? I simply thought it could be a clue that Mango is coming really soon to vzw. I know the vzw trophy rom is out, but that is leaked from HTC. The final release rom will come from vzw, itself. Furthermore, I don't even own a WP7 phone. I've been waiting for my contract to expire (end of September) so that I can switch to AT&T and get one of the second gen phones.

Please, read with better understanding and without such a negative attitude. You'll anger both others and yourself less.

Last edited:

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Ever notice how discussing what carriers people have or which one is best can get the same heated argument/conversations that religion can?

It gets old

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Guys there is only one person who ever visits these forums that is that blatantly rude please when you see something like this just report the post or PM me so I can boot the guy.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how anyone can claim Verizon doesn't have the most coverage as it wins in basically every comparison between the networks and AT&T usually gets last overall.

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on where you live, I've had Verizon and got absolutely no bars at all (searching for signal). On AT&T it was 4 bars, some places it was the opposite situation. Pick the carrier that is best for your daily travelled areas.

It all depends on were the towers are. When my wife and I switched to Verizon from tmobile, we would get usually 2 bars in our house and had problems with dropping calls. Outside though and most everywhere it was fine. It was still a whole lot better than our tmobile service had been. The local publix grocery store about 2 minutes from us you could get no service inside the store, but some friends of ours who had ATT at the time could! Well last year then Verizon has a tower put up a few hundred feet from that store and now I get great service in it. In my house we get 3 and 4 bars most of the time!

The kind of service you get just has to do with what hardware the carrier has around you.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how anyone can claim Verizon doesn't have the most coverage as it wins in basically every comparison between the networks and AT&T usually gets last overall.

I have my Focus my GF has her Droid X. Every time we make the trip down to AC theres one section where all we hear is "loss of service, Verizon wireless. loss of service, Verizon wireless." for a good 10-15 minutes and the entire time the Focus stays at atleast 4 bars.

We went to Atlanta, she had horrible coverage while I had 3 bars. That one actually surprised me TBH.

But thats how I can claim AT&T has better service here than Verizon. I'm much happier going on personal experiences than other's. Another thing to remember is, most of the time if someone is happy with their service, you wont hear about it. People dont talk until their unhappy.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Guys there is only one person who ever visits these forums that is that blatantly rude please when you see something like this just report the post or PM me so I can boot the guy.

Sorry and thanks for taking care of it. I was completely blindsided by that comment.

As for the current topic, I am all for believing that the various carriers have their own specialty areas of better reception. AT&T can't keep a signal in the country around here (East Texas), but there are areas in larger cities where AT&T seems to have stronger signals than Verizon.

However, does anyone know whether global capabilities help that much within the US in low-reception areas? I swear when I'm out in the country I have more service when my Global settings are on, instead of just CDMA (Verizon). If that is truly a factor, I might have to be more conscious about my next phone choice, as I cannot stand driving through dead patches.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
its probly just a store rep... when i was in store i did it all the time lol.. ( with WM and android )

i use to install custom ROMs for clients LOL ( if they tiped me )

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Sorry and thanks for taking care of it. I was completely blindsided by that comment.

As for the current topic, I am all for believing that the various carriers have their own specialty areas of better reception. AT&T can't keep a signal in the country around here (East Texas), but there are areas in larger cities where AT&T seems to have stronger signals than Verizon.

However, does anyone know whether global capabilities help that much within the US in low-reception areas? I swear when I'm out in the country I have more service when my Global settings are on, instead of just CDMA (Verizon). If that is truly a factor, I might have to be more conscious about my next phone choice, as I cannot stand driving through dead patches.

Sometimes people read into a situation more than is really there and may act out according to their view of what your wrote not necessarily your view of what you were trying to say!

DaMoFoMan

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The store manager at the T-moble near my house had a "mango phone" weeks ago. Not sure what kind because another employee told about it. I was told it was sent to him to try out. I'm not sure by whom. (Htc rep. most likely) Maybe the phone you saw was acquired in the same mannor and is now being used as a "whats coming" demo phone.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Trophy Saturday.Not sure how the signal strength will be, nor if it will have Mango. All I know is with my Curve 8530, I have between 3 and 4 bars in my house. And never dropped call... yet. :D

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ever notice how discussing what carriers people have or which one is best can get the same heated argument/conversations that religion can?

It gets old

No reason for it either, it's sad. As said it all boils down to what works best for each individual. I had AT&T for almost 10 years without a hitch. When I bought my house the service went south, so I went with VZW. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss