Tile Sizes

Jon_1051

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Been around the forums for some time and this is my first post.

First off, been the happiest man on the planet since I picked up my HTC Trophy on July 16th. Had a blackberry, loved it but the phone was like using a hammer nail and chisel compared to this phone!

My questions is, are there any other large tiles (calendar, pics, HTC hub) that can be pinned? I like to have those to break the 2 lane highway that the smaller tiles create. I seem to be adding more tiles and having these will help in organizing them (my OCD likes to get a word in on how to organize my phone :) ). Thanks for the help.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you pop into Zune player and pin an Artist, that will show as a double width tile Jon_1051.

Apologies if you already knew that.

And a warm welcome to WPC. :)

I don't remember if that's a Mango only feature, as I don't have my phone on me at the moment.

So apologies if it doesn't work for you. Can anyone remind me ?

Last edited:

Jon_1051

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome TheWeeBear and Se1fcr3ation (took me a minute to make sure I spelled that right!).

I was hoping that with the Mango update, adjusting tile sizes would be an option. Now I havent had a chance to actually play around with the pre-official releases so I wouldn't know off hand if its true.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome TheWeeBear and Se1fcr3ation (took me a minute to make sure I spelled that right!).

I was hoping that with the Mango update, adjusting tile sizes would be an option. Now I havent had a chance to actually play around with the pre-official releases so I wouldn't know off hand if its true.

not as of yet, there was a * what people want tread * that showed off a concept of tiles being able to change sizes..... but i dont think MS is actually gona implement it. an allot of people hated on the idea .. i for one thought it was a good idea.. but not others , hehe

here it is: http://www.windowscentral.com/fan-concept-what-if-windows-phone-had-smaller-tiles

Last edited:

Jon_1051

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I had seen. I guess I just wished it into thinking it could really happen and it was happening. The concept i think was great. Especially for customization. Guess I'll just stick with the tiles i have now to help seperate and organize (damn OCD!)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks nice if you wan't your home screen categorised like that, but what a waste of real estate. You'd end up having to scroll rather a lot.

I'd be far too lazy to go to all that bother, but that's just me. :)

I'm sure Jon_1051 will be delighted. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6