chance of mango this friday

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
As i said before my Calendar states tomorrow is the 1st day of Autumn in the UK

And lookie at voodoofone...

Vodafone group to roll Mango out tomorrow | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Hmmmmm I wonder if it'll happen. :)[/QUOTE

I hope so! Im on voda!! :D

Also Bell announced that they are ready for mango rollout as well leaving only Rogers in Canada with no announcement on readiness. It is looking more promising that its sooner rather than later in the fall. Fingers are crossed but not holding my breath (could not do that for very long anyway)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It'll be cool if we start seeing Mango the first day of fall. It looks like the UK will be getting the update first if Fall starts a few days early for them. Here's hoping the USA sees Mango on Friday!

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Where are all the Vodafone people? I keep checking in, expecting to see 1) jubilation about first major carrier release of Mango, or 2) outrage at yet another target date falling like a tree in the forest. Silence is perplexing, to say the least... Let us know what is going on over there...

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Where are all the Vodafone people? I keep checking in, expecting to see 1) jubilation about first major carrier release of Mango, or 2) outrage at yet another target date falling like a tree in the forest. Silence is perplexing, to say the least... Let us know what is going on over there...

Im on voda i havent had anything yet and i went past my local voda shop this morning and i forgot all about going in and asking but i doubt i'll get it today im sure something would have happened by now

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well All Things Digital have just announced that Apple's next media event (aka the iPhone 5 launch) is on for October 4th. So they've got less than 2 weeks to get mango out before the release is totally lost in a tide of Apple-related tech news, and then straight after that, Ice-Cream Sandwich stuff from Google (and possibly the reveal of the Nexus Prime).

If MS wants to get some publicity and some undivided attention for WP7 and mango, it's literally now or never.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
^^As much as I want to go along with that. I worry that part of MS acting like Mango has already released could be down to the fact that they're not going to have it out before the iPhone 5. Even if it does get released before, I don't see what people will be writing/saying about it that everyone doesn't know already.

Maybe I'm just being cynical as I want my freaking Mango already. . .

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No chance at all. I won't be surprised in the least if my carrier (AT&T) does not come to the table with Mango until mid-spring.

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get is why Microsoft's holding Mango so much. Everyone's ready, both OEMs and carriers, they just need to push the god damn button. Even if some carrier(s), *hint*AT&T*hint* is/are requesting the delay, screw them. It's obvious that the iPhone/iOS and Android hype will completely sink Mango's momentum anyway, but the sooner the better.

I'm on Vodafone Portugal and I haven't heard of anything (I know that it's Vodafone Germany that's creating all the apprehension about today), probably because portuguese carriers simply don't care about WP7. But I have an unbranded phone, so that doesn't worry me. It's LG that I'm waiting for (which, being Korean, I'd expect them to be in the front line on the global release).

That aside, I want to believe that it's coming this week (I don't believe that MS is that stupid). Although I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

--

Oh, look. Guess that we'll have to wait another week or two.

For months, we and dozens of our partner companies have been laying the groundwork for the Windows Phone 7.5 update—and making solid progress. As a result, we now expect to start rolling it out in the next week or two. At that time, we’ll also refresh the Where’s My Phone Update? table to reflect the worldwide rollout status.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_.../09/21/where-s-mango-an-update-on-timing.aspx

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft really are holding it back a week or two, and it is just for the benefit of one or two carriers while everyone else is raring to go, then it's one of the dumbest judgment calls I've seen in a long while.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If Microsoft really are holding it back a week or two, and it is just for the benefit of one or two carriers while everyone else is raring to go, then it's one of the dumbest judgment calls I've seen in a long while.

Well they say it will start rolling out so they may be starting with carriers that are ready and get to the slackers later.

I've heard (beta testing contacts) the DVP is ready and I suppose the HD7 is done as we've seen final roms so things look good for T-Mo US customers. And they we're quick with the Nodo update as well. Good times ahead.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
O2 have just tweeted:

"Anyone for Mango? The latest version of Windows Phone 7 is coming in the next couple of weeks - watch out for more info soon..."

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sheesh, 1 - 2 weeks more is pretty good. They pretty much hit their deadline right on the nose. I'm sure they have sever upgrades and what not to do. I give them an A+ if it starts rolling out in the next couple of weeks. Job well done MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb