chance of mango this friday

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Sheesh, 1 - 2 weeks more is pretty good. They pretty much hit their deadline right on the nose. I'm sure they have sever upgrades and what not to do. I give them an A+ if it starts rolling out in the next couple of weeks. Job well done MS.

i doubt it because he says emphasis on START OF in the blog....meaning the unlocked versions will start to get it in the next two weeks and carrier versions will get it.........who knows?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't see that anywhere.
Where

sorry you're right....i forgot where i read that but I did read that there was an emphasis on START OF

Edit

Hi everybody. Thanks for your questions. I’ll have more details to share about the update once it begins in the next week or two. But by “roll out” I mean we’ll be starting the actual delivery process--emphasis on starting.

Eric

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
3-logo1.jpg

My lot answered me today this was how it went.

Me

Frustrated and an annoying question time again LOL.

Any word on my Mango update from 3 ? Will it be this month ? Thank you ever so much.

Please don’t tell me you don’t know, because I know you do LOL ;o)

Them

Silence

Me

Hmmm still no reply to my Mango enquiry. What’s the big secret 3? Come on!

Them

David – We can’t confirm the timings around Mango at the moment. As soon as we can we’ll let you know.

A likely story me thinks. It's easier getting blood out of a stone. Sigh

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
3-logo1.jpg

My lot answered me today this was how it went.

Me

Frustrated and an annoying question time again LOL.

Any word on my Mango update from 3 ? Will it be this month ? Thank you ever so much.

Please don’t tell me you don’t know, because I know you do LOL ;o)

Them

Silence

Me

Hmmm still no reply to my Mango enquiry. What’s the big secret 3? Come on!

Them

David – We can’t confirm the timings around Mango at the moment. As soon as we can we’ll let you know.

A likely story me thinks. It's easier getting blood out of a stone. Sigh

That's lame.

TBH, I've never been a fan of 3. I don't know about now, but their tariffs used to be expensive and the customer service... even worse.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah well i have been with them for years and because of that i get a loyalty discount so get my monthly tariff (The One Plan) for ?10 which included my Omnia 7 for free.

No moans about that, 5000 texts, unlimited data, 5000 3 to 3 minutes, 2000 mins to any network. Now that's a bargain me thinks.

Customer service is pretty rubbish apparently tons of moans about it but i have only had to call them twice about things and they were great with me.

I guess i must have been lucky. Here where I live, I can't fault the service it works great all the time.

Where else could i have gotten a free Omnia 7 and and all that for ?10 ? :)

The normal price for a SIM only deal (The One Plan) is ?25 nothing comes close on the other UK networks as far as i know.

Info on The One Plan (Click the more about the one plan link)

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...uk%2F%3Fid%3D1184%26aidset%3D1&token=n2fm4ycm

Scuse all the android rubbish. (ooops i'm bashing again sorry) :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
^^ Really can't argue with that; that's an absolute bargain. And, if you've been lucky enough not to have any problems (deal with their customer service) - even better. :)

I wonder if they're still the most expensive to call from a landline? Around 8 years ago they were literally 7 times the cost per minute than all of other service providers.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Ofcom put a stop to all that nonsense ? I think the mobile networks are all pretty standard now from a BT landline Big Supes.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Ofcom put a stop to all that nonsense ? I think the mobile networks are all pretty standard now from a BT landline Big Supes.

That's encouraging to hear. :) TBH, I've been out of the telecoms for around 6 years now so I'm a little out of touch with regulations.

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
High Chance of Mango on Friday

I'm going to have to say yes to Friday. Microsoft said:
-The update is going well
-The update is almost ready
-The update will be within 2 Weeks, starting today
-Friday is the first day of Fall, so Microsoft can release it then.

It all points to Friday, this was actually my original guess.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure baileystein ? Even with what they said on the Windows Phone Blog ?

(Rolling out in the next week or two)

Where

Oh and a big welcome along to WPC. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's encouraging to hear. :) TBH, I've been out of the telecoms for around 6 years now so I'm a little out of touch with regulations.
Yes well it's not called The General Post Office now Big Supes, they changed it to British Telecom, then just BT. (The things you learn on here) ;)

Oh and if you're old enough to remember Buzby he's dead LOL

busby_thumb.jpg

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I would think we would see all those carriers who have publicly said they have finished testing to be among the first receipients of the update, along with unbranded handsets. Other carriers have not been as vocal and could be because they arent actually ready or just dont choose to.

Either way just seeing the updates begin to go out will be a plus, you'll at least know it will come.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
i doubt it because he says emphasis on START OF in the blog....meaning the unlocked versions will start to get it in the next two weeks and carrier versions will get it.........who knows?

what I saw was the rollout starts in one to weeks with a complete rollout within 4 weeks after that TO EVERYBODY with a WP device!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett