chance of mango this friday

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's hoping the carriers have everything certified and ready and all Microsoft has to do is flick a switch. I hope they're not using the same rollout process as NoDo. I personally don't think that well. It'd be nice if they started in a week and finalized the rollout at the end of the second week. They're probably going to release Mango at a good time to try to take the wind out of iPhone 5's sails.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Here's hoping the carriers have everything certified and ready and all Microsoft has to do is flick a switch. I hope they're not using the same rollout process as NoDo. I personally don't think that well. It'd be nice if they started in a week and finalized the rollout at the end of the second week. They're probably going to release Mango at a good time to try to take the wind out of iPhone 5's sails.

That would right before the iphone release

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Tht would be right before the iphone release

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
They're probably going to release Mango at a good time to try to take the wind out of iPhone 5's sails.

This would be an idiotic decision if it turns out to be why they've done it. To take the wind out of the sails of the iPhone 5 launch, they need column space and coverage. WP7 has less than 10% of the market, and is not going to get that column space and coverage because regardless of how good mango is, it's not going to be a story of immediate interest to as wide an audience as all the iOS users and potential users. If you want to get new users, tempt them now *before* the other guys get their new wares on show. And definitely don't hold back until *after* they launch and give them a headstart!

Right now, WP7 doesn't need competition, it needs attention and recognition to build the user base and get people to try the OS and realise it's a genuine contender. And it isn't going to get the attention it deserves if it's trying to get noticed when all the big guns (Apple and Google) are gearing up for some serious fireworks and then all the sales staff in shops are trying to sell everyone new iPhones and new Android Ice-Cream Sandwich handsets.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Seems like more carriers are in fact announcing it than before I guess because of some of the issues in the nodo rollout they are more cognizant of the need or want for more coomunication about the update schedule.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
HD7s released in mid October - not good.

I can't see that being the case for O2 in the UK as they don't offer very much handsets for the WP; less work to do.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
HD7s released in mid October - not good.

I can't see that being the case for O2 in the UK as they don't offer very much handsets for the WP; less work to do.
3 have no WP7 handsets now, wonder if they will announce any of the new ones.

Hope so, but if needs be, i'll just have to splash out on an unbranded one. :)

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope Vodafone get there's out quickly too.. as i really don't feel like waiting till any date in October...

Also i added you on xbox: Big Supes and tried to add you the wee bear but your fl is full seems your popular on there too :p

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
3 have no WP7 handsets now, wonder if they will announce any of the new ones.

Hope so, but if needs be, i'll just have to splash out on an unlocked one. :)

That's a real shame, but I suspect this will be far from permanent. It's merely someone being a little short sighted at 3. Fingers crossed for the new handsets, but it's probably a long shot.

When mention going with an unlocked handset, how will that effect certain features that the service provider has tailored to the phone?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Aw yes my friends list is full wp7outlaw, sorry about that. :( Thanks for trying to add me though. I'll add you if someone dissappears. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope Vodafone get there's out quickly too.. as i really don't feel like waiting till any date in October...

Also i added you on xbox: Big Supes and tried to add you the wee bear but your fl is full seems your popular on there too :p

Noticed and accepted, Outlaw. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's a real shame, but I suspect this will be far from permanent. It's merely someone being a little short sighted at 3. Fingers crossed for the new handsets, but it's probably a long shot.

When mention going with an unlocked handset, how will that effect certain features that the service provider has tailored to the phone?
I don't think 3 have any tailoring in their WP7 phones Big Supes.

Only thing they could enable i guess is tethering. They don't support visual voicemail so that's a non starter.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think 3 have any tailoring in their WP7 phones Big Supes.

Only thing they could enable i guess is tethering. They don't support visual voicemail so that's a non starter.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue then. I say, wait until the next -next gen... they'll be back. ;)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i'm sure they will. My contract isn't up for a few months yet so plenty of time to see what they do.

(If i'm not tempted by the evil HTC Titan or as yet unnanounced here Samsung Focus S equivalent. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The Titan sure is tempting. Looking at my HD7, I no longer even class it as being a large phone. I think a Titan would be just right. :)

As my contract isn't up for another 8 months, I don't know what next gen handsets O2 will be offering. I've just popped that question to them via Twitter...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes well i'd prefer one from 3 as I don't particulary have a spare ?500 lying about for a phone at the moment anyway, but if I had to, i'm sure it would magically appear from somewhere LOL :)

Look forward to seeing what O2 tell you. (Or Not) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo