Any News On Todays Rumoured Vodafone Mango Update ?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
voodoofone.jpg

Has anyone heard anything yet about yesterdays rumour ?

Not seen or heard anything yet, maybe it's abit early. Or is it another false alarm.

Still early days I guess. :)

3 are ignoring me now, they usually tell me they don't have a date for the Mango update
but it seems they don't love me at all anymore. :(

Dontcha just love messing about with Photoshop ? Who needs Mango! ;)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've been searching the German sites, but haven't found any that say the mango update has arrived.

I am really hoping that if the German Vodaphone update comes out, my German Trophy will get an update, but all I can do is hope. :cool:

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had my hopes up for more than rumor. The appearance of official news story right here on WPCentral had me believing. Thank you for posting the question - I have been wondering the same thing???

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I havent had anything going on today.. i walked past my local voda shop this morning aswell i should have gone in and asked but i was going buy Gow3 ;) so i forgot all about it but im on voda and nothing as of yet so it looks like its another false alarm

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This has just been posted on Wp facebook:

Hi everybody. Given all the recent speculation around the timing of our Mango update, I wanted to bring you up to speed on what to expect next.

For months, we and dozens of our partner companies have been laying the groundwork for the Windows Phone 7.5 update?and making solid progress. As a result, we now expect to start rolling it out in the next week or two. At that time, we?ll also refresh the Where?s My Phone Update? table to reflect the worldwide rollout status.

This also seems like a good time to caution against installing unofficial or leaked copies of Windows Phone software.

During the official Windows Phone 7.5 update process, every Windows Phone will also receive software from the handset manufacturer. This matched and paired firmware has been painstakingly tuned so your phone?and apps?work with all the new features of Windows Phone 7.5. Since your phone requires the proper firmware to function as designed, my advice is simple: steer clear of bootleg updates and homebrew tools.

By the way, in case you missed it, we recently released new versions of both the Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac and the Zune software for PCs, which you?ll need to update your phone. If you haven?t already, I encourage you to install it. I think you?ll like the update-related improvements, which speed up the overall update process and give you more control over backups. A small favor: When you update to Zune 4.8, you?ll be asked to participate in improving the update process. Please consider doing so.

I know you?re eager to get your hands on the next release of Windows Phone?and everyone involved with Windows Phone is equally excited and eager to deliver it to you. Please hang on?we?re almost there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills