Lotsa peeps considering WP7 next

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's huge news. Even if only 20% of those considering a WP7 actually buy one, it would still mean a nice boost in marketshare.

Even more encouraging (if you want to call it that) is the 45% who don't know about WP7. That means there is a huge market to be gained if MS can finally get the word out. Hopefully their upcoming marketing/training push will show some results.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend intends to get a WP7. Around a year ago when I first got mine, she wanted the HD7, but her carrier (Orange) only offered the WP with the Mozart. This obstruction put her off and she started looking at Androids. In the end, she went with the HTC Desire HD as the handset specs were better and more apps were available.

After having a little play with my WP, she said that she loves the OS, but as the simple things like copy 'n paste and certain apps (whatsapp, Skype, and Spotify mainly) weren't available at the time, she would wait for it to develop. . .

. . . now with Mango, that time is soon approaching. When her contact is up in another 4 months, she'll be saying goodbye to Android.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend intends to get a WP7. Around a year ago when I first got mine, she wanted the HD7, but her carrier (Orange) only offered the WP with the Mozart. This obstruction put her off and she started looking at Androids. In the end, she went with the HTC Desire HD as the handset specs were better and more apps were available.

After having a little play with my WP, she said that she loves the OS, but as the simple things like copy 'n paste and certain apps (whatsapp, Skype, and Spotify mainly) weren't available at the time, she would wait for it to develop. . .

. . . now with Mango, that time is soon approaching. When her contact is up in another 4 months, she'll be saying goodbye to Android.

Nice! Android has a significantly lower customer satisfaction rating than WP7. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of people switching once their 2-year Droid/Evo/Droid X/Galaxy S contracts run out.

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
I think that the most important thing is that customers gets to try WP7 and see for themselves how much smoother it is than Android. As soon as Windows Phones start to reach out people will inevitably show their phones to their friends, which will hopefully like the OS and consider it for their next phone.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
^Agreed. Everyone I show my Focus to is just dazzled by the OS, everything from the transitions to the live tiles, even the zoom-and-pan effect of the music tile.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I too am in the considering WP7 category... Waiting to see what Verizon does with their WP7 line up... Hoping they get an LTE one.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those looking for a WP device. Ever since I discovered wpcentral I got hugely interested about WP and found this forum very nice and receptive.

I am just waiting WP to be released in my country (rumour says october so it's near) so I can grab one. Thankfully there is no more carriers b*****t around here. There is no contract lock-in, no fake discounts to devices which are later paid off in contract. The downside is the phones are quite expensive. Nevertheless it is worth it.

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Make the jump, you'll like it. I thought I'd never own anything other than an iPhone. Tried droid incredible, went back to iPhone.

Samsung Focus made the most recent escape from the land of black turtlenecks stick!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro