Mango coming in a week or two

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So if the update via Zune doesn't detect NoDo the new OEM firmware / software won't be installed ?

Hmmmm i'm glad i've still had the patience to stick with NoDo. (If that's what it means)

Bit dissappointed at the vague 'A week or two' remark though. :(

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Latest post:

"Hi everybody. Thanks for your questions. I’ll have more details to share about the update once it begins in the next week or two. But by “roll out” I mean we’ll be starting the actual delivery process--emphasis on starting.

Eric"

So basically, week or two for ANYTHING to happen. I reckon mid to late October at the earliest. iPhone 5 will be announced, iOS 5 roll-out will be underway, Ice-Cream Sandwich will be just round the corner.

Congratulations, Microsoft. You blew it.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i wouldnt say they blew it. ios5, ice cream sandwhich and mango all around the same time. now, if ms doesnt start advertising it... then they blew it. not for me, i still am excited to get mango. but for attracting new users, thats a different story.

tomlamb

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe they could potentially be releasing this the same day as Apple announces the new iPhones. I would think they would want to get some "alone time" with the press....

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
i wouldnt say they blew it. ios5, ice cream sandwhich and mango all around the same time. now, if ms doesnt start advertising it... then they blew it. not for me, i still am excited to get mango. but for attracting new users, thats a different story.

This is the crucial bit. At the moment the Titan is the flagship device, if they dont have a strong ad campaign based around it along with its launch and the Mango updates then they will get overlooked in the iphone hype.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You know, the bottom line is this thing is going to be ready when it's ready. Regardless of when the iPhone is announced MS is better served by making sure this update is RIGHT rather than early. And it's not like Apple sends a new product announcement schedule to all the other tech companies out there so they can time their product releases around it. Heck, Apple NEVER announces anything until a couple of days prior and you don't see people crying the blues over that, do you? But that's another topic all it's own. The sad reality is that they have to work with what they've got and as far as I know they don't have a crystal ball in Redmond to advise them on the perfect timing, so explain to me how this is their fault? It is what it is and you can either be excited and happy that you're getting it or find reasons to whine and pick it apart. Possibly falling a bit under the press radar because of an iPhone announcement is, in my estimation, far more preferable than getting tons of the wrong kind of press for having a trainwreck of a rollout.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope "in a week or two" turns into "in a week." :D

But I think MS did a good job avoiding the pitfall of "over promising and under delivering."

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
A hard reset just wipes your phone and keeps the build you already have installed.

You'll be fine if you have a NoDo backup, or can install a NoDo ROM.

Could have sworn that I had hard reset my phone back in the day and it took me back to pre-Nodo. I'm pretty sure you're right though

Anyone ever find a way for a backup to another phone to get transferred to the current one? I'm on my third focus for various reasons (mainly that my phones like to take swims) and I never was able to put my original phone's Nodo backup on it.

siddfinch

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The MS Update site seems a little misleading. AT&T (and others) are listed as 'Delivering Update', whereas Verizon is listed as 'Planning'. If the update doesn't go out for another week or 2, then they certainly shouldn't list the status as 'Delivering Update'?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The MS Update site seems a little misleading. AT&T (and others) are listed as 'Delivering Update', whereas Verizon is listed as 'Planning'. If the update doesn't go out for another week or 2, then they certainly shouldn't list the status as 'Delivering Update'?
That's for the last NoDo update SiddFinch. If you look at the date its a bit old. (29th of June)

They'll likely update it over the next few weeks.

Oh and welcome along to WPC. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss