Exchange Security Policies

pgood4

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've searched and can't seem to find an answer to this question. I know mango supports additional exchange security policies, but does anyone know if it supports the password delay feature? Currently it only supports yes or know to the password requirement which means as soon as the screen blanks you have to re-input the password. The iphone and android both support the delay which allows a company to set a delay policy before the password requirement kicks in, such as 15 minutes. This is much more practical when using the phone for texts or other quick in and out features.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why this is practical. Why wouldn't you want your phone to be synced with your exchange account at all times?

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
To answer your question....yes it does support it....

However, the max screen time-out in WP is only 5 minutes so it would would override that policy...

pgood4

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It's not about not syncing, but about having the PIN requirement turn on immediately after the screen blanks. The exchange security policy allows the admin to set the timeout value before requiring the the handset pin to be required. WM7 did not support this in the past so every time the screen turns off you have to enter the pin. Android and iOS both support this policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6