Does anyone see the changes Verizon is making, like i do???

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Verizon is also backing the AT&T merger, which would be horrible for consumers if it goes through. Furthermore, Verizon is only backing Samsung for profit purposes. They want to make sure their shelves are stocked with phones for people who don't want the iPhone 5. I'm not saying Verizon is a bad company, just that they're only looking out for themselves in those two cases.

Itsgoing to horrible for consumers anyway its goes Verizon owns mlarge part of TMo and I believe either Vodaphone or DT owns the rest. They want out of the Norht American market which leaves VZN in control of whats left The main if not only thing that anybody buying TMo wants is the BANDWIDTH that TMO has Thants what Sprint wants thats what ATT wants PERIOD!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Itsgoing to horrible for consumers anyway its goes Verizon owns mlarge part of TMo and I believe either Vodaphone or DT owns the rest. They want out of the Norht American market which leaves VZN in control of whats left The main if not only thing that anybody buying TMo wants is the BANDWIDTH that TMO has Thants what Sprint wants thats what ATT wants PERIOD!

As far as I know, Verizon owns no part of T-Mobile.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The history of mergers between companies as large as Tmo, ATT isn't a happy one. ATT had problems just handling the effect of iPhone users on their network, now they'll have an easy time with 35 million+ new customers?

Never said it would be "easy", per se, just that the transition may not be as bloody as it could be due to some mitigating factors. That being said, that wasn't really the point of my post at all. I was mostly trying to illustrate why I didn't believe that the motive for VZW's backing of the merger isn't as simple as just trying to wring disaffected customers out of ATT, that would be chump change for them. As I alluded when I replied to ninjaap's post there would have to be much higher stakes than that for them to jump into bed with their arch rival.

Last edited:

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
iOS and Android are great, clearly. But that doesn?t mean we don?t have room in our hearts for a third platform. Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam feels the same way, expecting a third ?smartphone ecosystem? to butt in to the current Apple/Google dominated space.

Out of the various options, McAdam said he sees Samsung?s Bada, Microsoft?s Windows Phone 7.5, or RIM?s forthcoming QNX-based BlackBerry platform to fill the spot. ?The carriers are beginning to coalesce around the need for a third ecosystem,? said McAdam. ?Over the next 12 months I think it will coalesce and you will start to see one emerge as a legitimate third ecosystem. In my opinion, it?ll be between RIM and Microsoft, and I expect Microsoft to come out victorious."

Verizon CEO: A Third Mobile Platform Will Emerge In The Next 12 Months | TechCrunch

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
^ it's definitely nice to see Verizon publicly expressing confidence in WP7.

I just hope it's not a ploy to get concessions from Samsung/RIM. They're certainly going to try to play these 3 "third place contenders" against each other in order to coax cheaper prices from the OEMs.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Never said it would be "easy", per se, just that the transition may not be as bloody as it could be due to some mitigating factors. That being said, that wasn't really the point of my post at all. I was mostly trying to illustrate why I didn't believe that the motive for VZW's backing of the merger isn't as simple as just trying to wring disaffected customers out of ATT, that would be chump change for them. As I alluded when I replied to ninjaap's post there would have to be much higher stakes than that for them to jump into bed with their arch rival.

I suspect this mostly protects VZW's options for acquisitions. The worst case for ATT is something like the Sprint/Nextel merger which hurt their service and cost them millions of customers. VZW might even benefit directly from ATT/Tmo merger, ATT got something like 1.5 million new customers as result of VZW/Alltel merger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss