My Mango Update Experience Was Good - Post Here

netsniperBW

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Did the force update for my HTC Surround earlier this afternoon. Total time was about 45 minutes. Everything works great.

Phone responds even more quickly than it did before. Also the keyboard responds much better now.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I own a T-Mo HD7 and my partner owns a Samsung Focus on AT&T (unlocked). Did them both. My phone took about 90 mins while his (he had to do all three updates) only took about 40 mins which I think it's due to how much stuff is on your phone. We're both good to go

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sprint - HTC Arrive (x2)
Forced the update this afternoon on mine and the wife's phones.
Running good with the exception of two things:

Cant sync my Office 365 account with the "Office 365 Location" in the office hub.
Knowing if my apps were also updated. ?
I had the WPCentral app installed before the Mango upgrade. (1.3 i think it was). 1.3 was still installed after the upgrade. I guess I assumend the apps that were loaded on my phone would have been updated to latest release after the upgrade... i havent received ANY notice from the Marketplace of updates for any apps... but they appear to be pre mango versions.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Did the force method and after 3 tries everything went smooth.

Love having all my Live Tiles working again!!!

Unbelievable amount of new features!!!

LG Quantum on ATT in Colorado...

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Connected today with my 1.3 never-messed-with Focus and got the "update available" pop-up window just as it started syncing 130 tracks I had downloaded yesterday. It went through a 90-minute-or-so install of 7392 -most of which was a backup step. The "7.5" install followed immediately and took 30 minutes. All is well tonight, including my 32gb card.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Forced the Update. Mango is amazing man, AMAZING!

Optimus 7, Claro-Puerto Rico.

Also I can't get artist picture as my wallpaper for some reason.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I had RTM Mango on my HTC Arrive. Had to run windows updates to get the new version of Zune to install, but the 4.8 beta Zune software saw an update. After I got Zune updated, I ran the update on the phone. Nothing changed but the firmware and radio build that I saw on XDA so I have "official" mango vs RTM, but see no difference yet. I knew RTM could upgrade. :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My beta Mango was awesome, way back when.

My official Mango release was just as good. About 3 updates before I was up to the official Mango though, buy I love not seeing that "Not for Resale" sign or what ever it said.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had do the cheat to get my 1.3 Focus updated to Mango. The first update went right through, the second update failed several times, between rebooting the phone, my computer, etc. I switched to my desktop from my laptop, attempted the update and it went right through, then updated to 7720.

I hadn't been using Mango in any way before today, so I am absolutely loving what this update did to my phone.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
in the process of updating my samsung focus on 1.3 (using forced update which works good) BUT my 32gb sandisk microsd card got killed with the first update to 7392 beware guys i do not know if this will be an issue others experience or if i was just unlucky but right now I am back on the default amount of storage on my phone.

I will update once I have a chance to go through to mango what happens but do have a question (kinda noobish) once I update to mango if I do a hard reset to install the sd card again will my phone lose the mango update?

mock19

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Went smooth on my HTC Arrive. I had to force the update though; no notification from Sprint nor did Zune initially show me an update.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
in the process of updating my samsung focus on 1.3 (using forced update which works good) BUT my 32gb sandisk microsd card got killed with the first update to 7392 beware guys i do not know if this will be an issue others experience or if i was just unlucky but right now I am back on the default amount of storage on my phone.

I will update once I have a chance to go through to mango what happens but do have a question (kinda noobish) once I update to mango if I do a hard reset to install the sd card again will my phone lose the mango update?

Update:

Mango is now installed and working smooth, looks and feels great but no sd card now. If anyone can give me any information about installing an sd card post update to mango on a samsung focus 1.3 I would really appreciate it.

Steppa.Sound

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Carrier: Unlocked
Model: LG Quantum

Updated at approximately on 09/27 10pm local time (7pm GMT). Wen smoothly with having to use the force method. Total time for update was 50 minutes.

First impressions:
The clarity and color saturation pops off the screen (even on my non-AMOLED Quantum. Must be due to the support for 32 bit from 16 bit.
The lime theme (my fav) appears washed out and not as vibrant as pre Mango.
So many things to explore on the new version that I will be busy for a week, tweaking the phone.

I am a happy camper :D. MS+WP7+Mango=Delicious!

(Now just waiting on the Nokia device)

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile
HTC HD7
San Antonio, TX (USA)

It took me about an hour to do 2 updates, the pre-Mango and the Mango update, despite having a little trouble with Facebook syncing, i'm really enjoying all the new features, especially the artist artwork that shows up on the lock screen from any music playing

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
@awesumjon: can you tell me what is the new firmware version, revision, radio version, etc .. ?
I want to compare with mine

worbyc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Got mango this mornin, used the trick method. Worked a treat, didnt have any problems at all. All together im really happy, just lookin through all the new features.

If anyone has any links to videos showin all the new features would be much appreciated :)

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Mine went ok. I didn't have to force the update but I got the Walshed phone error for the 7392 update. Even after running the de-walsh tool.

The directions are slightly confusing about selecting installed languages. When it says all installed languages which means everything listed under keyboard. I didn't get that the first couple of times I ran it and based on what I've read I'm not the only one. One more screen shot on the tool's page would have saved me a lot of confusion.

Once I figured that out the updates went smoothly. Now I'm just wondering how to get everything updated to the Mango versions. I expected the Marketplace to have a slew of updates but there's nothing unless I manually find and force the update.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999