10-29-2011 11:47 AM
155 ... 4567
tools
    Forced the upgrade. Took a couple tries but after doing 3 different updates (had to go to 7392 as well) and an hour of watching a screen and multiple reboots later I was ready with Mango. Worked rather seemlessly.

* Didn't really watch the screen I played Gears of War 3 the entire time it was updating *
    09-30-2011 10:14 AM
    Forced the upgrade. Took a couple tries but after doing 3 different updates (had to go to 7392 as well) and an hour of watching a screen and multiple reboots later I was ready with Mango. Worked rather seemlessly.

* Didn't really watch the screen I played Gears of War 3 the entire time it was updating *
    it was probably best not watching. I did and there was a time when I was watching on the second and third updates that the arooww pointing from the computer icon and the phone had a red circle and line through it iy was probably a warning not to use the phone but I thought at the time that the update was not installing on the phone. The progress bar at the top of the phone scren kept moving (at times veeeeeeeery slooooooowly!)
    09-30-2011 05:55 PM
    1-Carrier ? China Mobile, Unlocked Windows Phone
    2-Phone Model ? Dell Venue Pro :) :)
    3- I just received my Pro a few weeks back. I'm a WebOS Refugee. The OS was great but I felt some great limitations that I knew that Mango was going to address. When Mango officially came out, I forced the update through Zune. Mango is great. I'm loving the ability to use Messenger with all my friends (MSN is widespread at my school), and switching back to texting. Multi-tasking is rubbish compared to WebOS though. I think that area needs significant work. I understand that fast-app switching is necessary for good battery life, but the fast app-switching isn't fast at the moment. It's very clunky, and needs work. A way to kill apps similar to the swipe away method in WebOS is needed. Overall Mango has been amazing, and it's really brought the experience of Windows Phone to another level.
    09-30-2011 08:17 PM
    Worked perfectly. I had to trick it to update, no biggy at all though!

Samsung Focus rev1.3
    AT&T
    Even I could update Samsung Focus v1.3 with the trick. But after, i am unable to install apps from the marketplace. My wi-fi connection is working fine and able to browse using IE.
    Is marketplace working for u after mango update?
    10-01-2011 12:06 AM
    Just finished downloading the update and its awesome. First i saved space and the speed it overwhelming, a lot of improvement. Now i'm proud to tell other os to shut da **** up
    HeyCori likes this.
    10-02-2011 09:12 AM
    My update was a bit weird experience.. I got the mango at launch date, then yesterday my phone hd7 stop working..!!! Pulled the battery a million times it won't restart, I tried to plug to Zune!!! Zune won't recognize my phone.. Then after a million times, and different combinations!! Zune all of a sudden said my phone will be rolled back to nodo, I just let it rolled my phone back to nodo.. Then it updated again to mango... I think it has something to do with the first update mango.. Cuz I noticed after the second mango my phone was faster smoother.. I think this was because i tricked mobile with nodo update.. I will never again trick it hack anything... I was out of phone for almost 5hours.. .. My phone is running so smoothly now..
    Winterfang likes this.
    10-02-2011 05:51 PM
    My update was a bit weird experience.. I got the mango at launch date, then yesterday my phone hd7 stop working..!!! Pulled the battery a million times it won't restart, I tried to plug to Zune!!! Zune won't recognize my phone.. Then after a million times, and different combinations!! Zune all of a sudden said my phone will be rolled back to nodo, I just let it rolled my phone back to nodo.. Then it updated again to mango... I think it has something to do with the first update mango.. Cuz I noticed after the second mango my phone was faster smoother.. I think this was because i tricked mobile with nodo update.. I will never again trick it hack anything... I was out of phone for almost 5hours.. .. My phone is running so smoothly now..

Aw man that's scary thank God nothing worse happen.
    10-02-2011 06:15 PM
    I forced the update on my wife's Samsung Focus using the network disconnect trick.

Update went okay. Used the phone for a few days with no issues. However, I was playing with it Friday night to see what was new and different, and I decided to restart the phone to see how long it takes to boot. It never did reboot. It would show the Samsung logo for several seconds, then flash off, only to repeat this process over and over.

I contacted AT&T device support and they kept asking if I installed any new apps in the past 14 days. Not sure what that would have to do with it, but the long and short of it is that they are sending her a replacement phone. This is her second Focus, as the first one had microphone and touchscreen issues.

I attribute this to bad flash memory on the phone.
    10-02-2011 06:50 PM
    So for almost a week I've been trying to force the mango update, tried everything [Timing, data on, wifi off, airplane mode, Etc.] Today i said, screw it! Hard reset the phone, after it automatically booted up i connected it to my PC, opened Zune did the force update hack and than i got it! All i can say now is

Epic update! , Update is Epic!!!
    10-02-2011 11:49 PM
    After a frustrating few days without mango (the force trick doesn't work on a mac), I borrowed another mac that was running Windows under VMWare Fusion, installed Zune and, on my very first attempt, it worked.

The twitter integration is just ace for the most part. It seems far more natural than using a separate app. I wish I could chose an image host, though, but that is really down to wanting other twitter apps on other platforms to be able to have inline viewing of images in their app's timeline. Hopefully other platforms and apps will start supporting windows live as a host soon.

The whole "less apps more hubs" approach is a real and intelligent improvement over iOS and that other nasty data gathering thing Google flings together ;)

My fear was that over time Windows Phone would slip back to the old Microsoft way of doing things (ribbon UI indeed!) but it hasn't, and is still a lovely, smooth, beautifully designed and friendly experience.

Well done Microsot, seriously well done. And thats from a die-hard mac and iPad person!
    Last edited by inkytype; 10-03-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    10-03-2011 01:23 AM
    I'm on an HD2. The first attempt at installing Mango didn't go well. Installed each update from 7004 via Web Sender. Took forever. When I finally got 7720 installed, it would freeze upon the first tile display. I figured it was the 8 GB Sandisk card (which is now hopelessly locked). I started all over again with a 16 GB Sandisk Class 2, this time used the 7704->7720 one shot and things are good.

But the battery life is *horrendous*. It drains like 50% in an hour listening to a streamed podcast at the gym. And over night it drains about 60% as well. No push email. Location off. Something is obviously messed up. I'll have to look into that. When running Android on this phone it runs all day and then some.

Does any know if I activate this HD2 on a certain Windows Live ID, I'll be able to re-use that ID on a new REAL WP7 phone if I get one in a few weeks?
    Last edited by phelme; 10-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    10-06-2011 01:04 PM
    Hey Guys,

I had just got my Focus on Monday (10th Oct), and 12th Oct was the official Mango day here in India (Mango update, new WP7 phones, Marketplace/xbox live access, etc..). I was very eager to get the taste of Mango and since it was just a couple of days away.

First up - I got the update available notification on my phone, on the 11th and I thought it was the Mango being delivered one day early. But it turned out to be only the first WP7 update, 7008.

Today I got the update availabe notification once again on my phone (after waiting patiently for 4 days). Got the updates one by one (4 times) consecutively. The had to do the final 7.5 update the second time, cos it had failed in the first attempt saying it failed to installed the BRI (sorry, forgot the error code).

Enjoying the goodness of Mango....!! Cheers!!
    Last edited by Rocko13; 10-16-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Grammar
    10-16-2011 12:53 PM
    Great news Rocko13, hope you found it worth waiting for. :)
    10-16-2011 01:05 PM
    Indeed Glad it went well with you. I hope you are enjoying being magofied or magoised!
    10-16-2011 02:05 PM
    My HTC Arrive updated via the turn off wifi trick, went super smooth
    Winterfang likes this.
    10-16-2011 05:33 PM
    I saw a customer with a Sam Focus and he didn't knew about the update, I show him what my phone could do and he got all excited. He says he is going to try it right away and leave with a smile on his face =)
    10-16-2011 10:09 PM
    HTC HD7S
    ATT

Forced update,quite smooth,but sometimes when i were forcing with disconnecting internet,it displayed that an error was occured,i guess it was because i disconnected the internet too fast.So,the best timing should be 1 second.
    10-16-2011 10:29 PM
    Got mine yesterday (lots of fun disabling network adapter in device manager to try and get the timing right - it was about two seconds for me). Updated smoothly. Didn't actually turn on at first afterwards (hung on the load screen) but a quick battery out sorted it.

Loving Mango :)
    Winterfang likes this.
    10-17-2011 05:22 AM
    LG Optimus 7
    Optus (Australia)
    Forced update a little while ago, went perfectly. No issues whatsoever.
    10-20-2011 02:43 AM
    My mango experience was great. I was offered it by Zune the same day it came out. I have an old HTC HD2 that I had an upgradable dev build of Mango on. I plugged the phone in and it installed the upgrade described as "Beta Cleanup for Mango" it took 15-20 mins, rebooted, and on I went.

Fantastic Microsoft, even an unsupported device upgraded without a hitch. Certainly much smoother than the recent IOS5 upgrade problems I have been reading about. Although, in the future it looks like Apple will follow the MS way of doing it and stagger the upgrades.
    10-20-2011 09:23 AM
    1-Carrier - Bell
    2-Phone Model - LG Quantum
    3-Your Experiences - I forced my update, cause there was just too much talk about Mango. I was afraid at first to do it, cause I didn't want to damage my phone, but it worked without any problems. Now it's like I have a new phone. I'm studying Chinese and I'm glad I can finally type to my friends in Chinese. I look forward to new apps coming for Mango. Friends and family are looking at my phone much differently now....in a good way. ;-)
    jfa1 likes this.
    10-20-2011 10:58 AM
    1-Carrier - Orange
    2-Phone Model - HTC Mozart
    3-Your Experiences - Now saying that the Marketplace isn't available in my country like wtf. I'm in London, the worlds best marketplace (Cheesy I know). What gives?
    10-24-2011 10:52 AM
    Went well, no battery problems as people have reported, I need to recharge more often because I'm always playing with the darn thing.
    10-25-2011 01:21 PM
    that's a very common problem for a lot of us Allthisforwhat!!
    10-25-2011 03:25 PM
    I just got a Samsung Focus and was impressed by how easy it was to install the update. It was faster than the iPhone from my past experience.
    10-28-2011 10:54 AM
155 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD