My Mango Update Experience Was Good - Post Here

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mangogood.jpg

Mango day is rumoured to start 26th of September (Today) for some.(Deutsche Telecom)

So over the coming days / weeks as you get your update,
post your short and sweet Mango update experiences and
share with everyone on how it went.

We can then try and form a picture of the
success or failure rate of the current Mango rollout. :)

Mention the following in your post. :)

1-Carrier ?
2-Phone Model ?
3-Your Experiences.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Even better idea I hope that lots of folk post here their stories of no problems with the update and what they think/like!

Well I tried to update on office laptop was not working and my office mates were not happy with the internet access for the office (off of my computer) down So I went home and did the force thing and it worked like a charm but kind of slow off and on. Took about an hour and a half. But is all mag for me My3rd party programs were either still there or reinstalled as part of the update/backup process as when I unplugged I checked and acro bible and tasks and weather channel were on the app list Godd job MS and thanks for the tip to force so as to not have to wait on ATT. I read somewhere where the aim was to get it out to 98 % today. I hope hey reach somewhere nea there. All in all I suspect that its a great day for MS and the WP carriers. If you have had problems I hope they are getting or have been resolved.

Last edited:

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
As soon as I get my Mango, will update this post right here. Hope you have a lot of room in this thread cause I'm sure a lot of posting will be going on in here!

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all of my fellow homestate wp7 owners!!!
Very bright & smart people down here, I should say!

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Update experience was fine! I have noticed that the existing transparent wallpaper is garbled when I "wake" the phone. Other than that, no issues to report.

Device Info Prior to Update:
Carrier: AT&T
Device: Samsung Focus ver 1.3
microSD card: 16GB Class 4 installed
OS Version: 7.0.7390.0
Firmware Version: 2103.11.3.3

Device Info Post Update: (via the network trick)
Carrier: AT&T
Device: Samsung Focus ver 1.3
microSD card: 16GB Class 4 installed
OS Version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware Version: 2103.11.8.1

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome!!! I don't have any clients from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Guess where I'll be camping out??? Right by my faithful laptop waiting to harvest some sweet sweet mango nectar.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte