My Mango Update Experience Was Good - Post Here

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh by the way can't wait to live through your stories until my phone comes in tomorrow or the next. I wonder is I can get updates of this thread to my BB torch so I can keep up with whats going on?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I get home from work at around 3 AM mountain time-will it be there?

maybe maybe not Once its turned on it may take a while to get it to everybody When nodo was rolled out my on phone update never showed update available it just showed up when I connected to my desktop at home and it was BAM there. That was about 5:00 P.M. I think day two. I am hoping for sooner rather than later but it will happen when it happens.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The good news: My Surround just got a notification to update!!!!
The bad news: The USB port on my Surround has been broken for week. Can't charge or sink :(

I actually haven't been using my Surround for week because of this, but I turned it on today to get a phone number.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just recieved the update on Zune. I'll update this post when it finishes.

I was running the 7712 Build as a WP7 Developer and I have received,
"Update for Windows Phone 7 for ISV Beta". I have not had to install the Friends & Family update that was in the news the other day.

The update says:
"Welcome to the Windows Phone "Mango" ISV Beta!

Your phone will be updated to the final build (version 7720)."

Carrier: Orange UK
Model: Samsung Omnia 7

*Edit*
My phone appears to have gone in to a boot loop at Step 6 of 9. Its not looking good!

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Both my Surround and wife's phone have been on RTM and are receiving updates. (except my surround. like i said above, it's broken)

GAM5

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Just finished updating my HTC Arrive from a leaked RTM build. Took about 20 minutes. Now have the ability to add up to 3 hidden wifi networks. Sweet sweet mango!!

GAM5

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
No, it is the official update. I was saying I was on the RTM build which then received the update notification and updated to the official build. So good news that you won't have to roll back to Nodo.

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My update on Verizon went smooth as silk.

Now, if I can only figure out how to update my games and apps to the Mango-fied versions...

Edit: Apparently, the update was NOT Mango!! I guess I never updated my phone to 7.0.7392.

God, I am such an idiot...

Last edited:

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
No, it is the official update. I was saying I was on the RTM build which then received the update notification and updated to the official build. So good news that you won't have to roll back to Nodo.

Before this, when you connected your phone in Zune and checked for updates, did it say your phone was up-to-date (7.10)?

This is what I get when I try to check for updates in Zune.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Samsung Focus in the Dallas area. Updated smoothly while I was home for lunch. Mango is sweet! :)

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
my mango experience was good and bad lol at first it told me i had the update i was updating and then it messed up as my phone was restarting and it said i had to update my servers and stuff so i tried again and it worked flawlessly a little bump in the round but it wasnt bad at all now my arrive is a mango phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077