My Mango Update Experience Was Good - Post Here

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
First it was bad, I didn't get a notification for updating. Then I tried the disconnecting trick and it worked just fine.

YAY!!! I HAVE MANGO-Y GOODNESS!!!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Quantum Success!

Seriously? Am I really number 6?

AT&T, Fargo North Dakota.
LG Quantum, 7392 -> 7403 -> 7720
Received notification around noon (CST)
7403 took only 20 minutes.
7720 stalled before step 8.
Total time update was just over an hour.

:D

Edit: Oops, I read through these alot quicker the first time. I guess I was number 9.

Last edited:

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Am I really number 6?

AT&T, Fargo North Dakota.
LG Quantum, 7392 -> 7403 -> 7720
Received notification around noon (CST)
7403 took only 20 minutes.
7720 stalled before step 8.
Total time update was just over an hour.

:D

Seriously step 7 took forever. 13 minutes for 7043 and 32 minutes for 7720

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the beta version installed (7712), went through 3 updates on my unlocked Optimus 7. The last update was from LG. All working fine and dandy.

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on step 7 too (for quite a while, so I assume it must be about to finish). Everything went smoothly. :)

Edit: Restarted. All done and kickin'. :D

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well if you are into sodas/soft drinks! But I can report that between 8 and 9 pm CET/20:00 and 21:00 if you use the 24 hour clock/ my phone, a Samsung Omnia 7, downloaded and installed Mango without any problems. At the same time my provider (3) is having operational problem in the whole of Sweden making it impossible to connect to Marketplace, log into your Live ID account or place a call. All my previous apps are intact and I hope they will be running OK when the net is up again.

stesmithy83

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
mine went well on a samsung omnia 7 uk

there was i would say a tense 5 or so mins when my phone seemed to be stuck on the welcome screen was thinking about starting over but in the end i decided to make a cup of tea and when i got back it was up and running

first impressions love the new bing options location (finaly works!) music search and voice search, multi tasking great! and my phone just seems alot more snappy

don't like the twitter integration tho think ill stay with the twitter app

only 30 mins been playing it tho we will see how it goes:)

Lünny

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i?m a Mango now :) ... But i didn?t got any information from my Mozart to Update. And Zune... Bah... Zune said "Your Phone is up to Date" ZUNE is lying... I swear!!!

I got Mango with a litle trick!!

1. Disconnect ALL data-connections on your Phone (3g + Wlan too)
2. Connect your Phone with a PC (then run Zune)
3. Check manuell for upates (Settings, Phone, update)
4. If your lying Zune say "You are up to date... blabla" check for an update AGAIN.
5. Disconnect now (while Zune is searching for update) after 3-4 seconds your internet connection from PC. If u disconnect to early, Zune will say "cant find updateserver" and you have to try again. You have to do it in the right second (5 trys for me)
6. Still wait and Zune will say "There is an update"
7. Connect your PC to the internet and klick on "update".

Now your Phone will update to 7403. After this, Zune will tell you for the next update. YEAH, that?s the MANGO :)

Works fine for me. Step 7/10 at this moment :)

HTC Mozart T-Mobile (ger) brand

*edit:
I see, there is already a thread about this trick
Good Luck for all :)

Last edited:

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Focus on AT&T
Previously on developer 7712 build
I heard Mango was out so I figured I'd give it a go. Zune said I had an update immediately. It didn't prompt me for that friends and family update or anything, and I now have 7720 with no rollback to NoDo. Everything went smooth as silk, but I am dissapointed in the fact that I don't seem to have visual voicemail.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Updating the HD7 and my partner's Focus. Taking awhile (started at 3 and it's almost 4:30). I think I'm on the last step HOPEFULLY (on a time crunch) and trying to get it done

Mes3

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile changes the default search in IE to google. I prefer it, honestly. Missed it while I was running the leaked RTM.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Carrier: AT&T
Phone Model: Samsung Focus
Not much to say about the update process itself. It was painless but LONG. All told I think it took around 45 minutes to get from 7392 to 7720. Probably the longest portion of that wait was step 8 of 9 during the 7720 install waiting for the phone to restart. Of course I was also holding my breath the whole time waiting for it to come back, too. Otherwise completely uneventful. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett