My Mango Update Experience Was Good - Post Here

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I saw a customer with a Sam Focus and he didn't knew about the update, I show him what my phone could do and he got all excited. He says he is going to try it right away and leave with a smile on his face =)

tharenaszero

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
HTC HD7S
ATT

Forced update,quite smooth,but sometimes when i were forcing with disconnecting internet,it displayed that an error was occured,i guess it was because i disconnected the internet too fast.So,the best timing should be 1 second.

JayHansen

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday (lots of fun disabling network adapter in device manager to try and get the timing right - it was about two seconds for me). Updated smoothly. Didn't actually turn on at first afterwards (hung on the load screen) but a quick battery out sorted it.

Loving Mango :)

SanityFM

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My mango experience was great. I was offered it by Zune the same day it came out. I have an old HTC HD2 that I had an upgradable dev build of Mango on. I plugged the phone in and it installed the upgrade described as "Beta Cleanup for Mango" it took 15-20 mins, rebooted, and on I went.

Fantastic Microsoft, even an unsupported device upgraded without a hitch. Certainly much smoother than the recent IOS5 upgrade problems I have been reading about. Although, in the future it looks like Apple will follow the MS way of doing it and stagger the upgrades.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
1-Carrier - Bell
2-Phone Model - LG Quantum
3-Your Experiences - I forced my update, cause there was just too much talk about Mango. I was afraid at first to do it, cause I didn't want to damage my phone, but it worked without any problems. Now it's like I have a new phone. I'm studying Chinese and I'm glad I can finally type to my friends in Chinese. I look forward to new apps coming for Mango. Friends and family are looking at my phone much differently now....in a good way. ;-)

wp7master

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
1-Carrier - Orange
2-Phone Model - HTC Mozart
3-Your Experiences - Now saying that the Marketplace isn't available in my country like wtf. I'm in London, the worlds best marketplace (Cheesy I know). What gives?

ugadawg239

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Mango update success

I just got a Samsung Focus and was impressed by how easy it was to install the update. It was faster than the iPhone from my past experience.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Focus and was impressed by how easy it was to install the update. It was faster than the iPhone from my past experience.
welcome.gif

Great news mgray5159, hope you enjoy your new Windows Phone world.

Welcome along to WPC :)

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Brand new arrive, on sprint, so first use I went straight to update. Zing zang zoom! Went well. But took a long time. Probably because it was initial set up too. Don't have any prior to compare to; mango just great!

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It does seem to take a long time. I got my new Focus the other day (they replaced my one with screen burn-in, yay!) and was surprised how long it took to update it even though it had nothing on it to back up. It was totally worth it though. I would be lying if I did not admit that when I first opened it up and turned it on, I was shocked and appalled to see it did not have Mango. My heart dropped into my stomach as I turned it off as quick as I could and pulled the battery to look and make sure it was not 1.4 model, lol. :p

Flo-roy-da

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Forced mine the 1st time. Went thru great. Then, had to reset the phone back to factory defaults, due to a cranial-rectal inversion when setting up Windows-Live the 1st day I had the phone. Took a little longer the 2nd time but it's great to be a MANGO!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Forced mine the 1st time. Went thru great. Then, had to reset the phone back to factory defaults, due to a cranial-rectal inversion when setting up Windows-Live the 1st day I had the phone. Took a little longer the 2nd time but it's great to be a MANGO!
welcome.gif

Thought you looked a bit fruity Flo-roy-da ;)

Welcome along to WPC. :)

(It's very annoying not to be able to change your default Live ID) :(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa