My Mango Update Experience Was Bad - Post Here

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mangobad.jpg

Mango day is rumoured to start 26th of September (Today) for some.(Deutsche Telecom)

So over the coming days / weeks as you get your update, post
your short and sweet Mango update experiences and
share with everyone on how it went.

We can then try and form a picture of the
success or failure rate of the current Mango rollout. :)

Mention the following in your post. :)

1-Carrier ?
2-Phone Model ?
3-Your Experiences.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have one early complaint today! I don't have any Mangos on my device!!!!
j/k
Tis early yet today and while in the past MS has rolled updates out to un;locked devices which I assume yours is they have been mum as to word on unlocked device rollout which is curious!

I would wait with patience a while longer if you can

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Tis early yet today and while in the past MS has rolled updates out to un;locked devices which I assume yours is they have been mum as to word on unlocked device rollout which is curious!

I would wait with patience a while longer if you can
That would be really nice, especially since I'm off work today. Wait! Hold up! Why in the world would you tease me like that! Are you trying to start another riot as before when we all went on a rumor. I'm shaking already with excitement, heck I can't even spell correctly anymore. Damn you!!!
LOL!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hocked on mango!!! how do i get that goodness in me!!! *cought*i mean my wp7*cought*

mangocrack-2.jpg

sorry im nto as good as TheWeeBear for photoshop ( cought *paint* cought* )

Last edited:

gkww

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My HD7 is refusing to sync with facebook after updating to mango for some reason. It says:

"We're having a problem connecting. Try again later. Error Code:0"

Any ideas?

By the way, is it me or does bing vision not scan barcodes?

AustinG909

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried it. I've done everything that has been suggested. I don't want to hard reset my phone because I can't restore it from backup and have a lot i need.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Tried it. I've done everything that has been suggested. I don't want to hard reset my phone because I can't restore it from backup and have a lot i need.

Mine initially came back with "not enough free space to do a backup" which it did prior to the 2 installs I needed. I deleted some files on my HP and viola! But - I never got the stall you're reporting. Do you have plenty of space on the computer for a backup of all your phone data? Also, do you have Zune 4.8 installed? Those are my only thoughts on this.. good luck to you.

DrBatman

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my Omnia 7 today. Came on and started the updates...

Done the wifi trick to get Mango, Nearly finished the 7403 update when it froze on restart. After an hour of waiting to see if it would come off...no joy. Now my phone won't even boot past that.

Now as you can imagine, I am not too chuffed at this particular development. I'm angry and it's late so will leave my search for a way to unbrick this myself until tomorrow. I can only hope it is possible as I had this purchased for me in the US from Amazon... returning it is not an option.

"Rage" does not begin to describe my feelings at this point...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
here's an interesting one...

Carrier: T-Mobile USA
WP7 Model: HTC HD7
Experience: here it goes...

Ok so I was contemplating flashing the RTM build the day it came out like a month and half ago, I ended up flashing it the following day, unfortunatrly since it was a clean, OEM untouched build, the firmware needed for my headphones wasn't there so the headphones that came with the HD7 only worked as headphones and the mic and control stopped working... annoying but understandable, however NOT enough to make me go back to NoDo. I figured that, I'll just use it like this and I'll get the functionality back once I update to the official release... well I lost my backup and I had to go the long way around I flashed 7004 and Zune allowed me to update to 7008, but continued to insist that 7008 was the latest software available. So I said **** it, I'll force the update via the method many used for NoDo, and obviously now for Mango. So I'm on the "official" release... and my headphones still only work as headphones... the mic still doesn't work and neither does the remote for the volume control and the end call button... so there are three possibilities of what happened here not sure which and would appreciate everyone's opinion... so either:

1. I permanently damaged the firmware somehow (even though that's a flashable piece of data) and the remote no longer works...

2. The remote itself is damaged which is unlikely because the headphones sound great, not entirely sure how exactly one would break without affecting the other at all.

or:

3. The actual update itself is still just the RTM release somehow.

all in all, I'm not sure how it could be RTM from an official Zune update but I know I do have another pair of HTC headphones (for the HD7) that I can try out and see if it solves the issue... if it doesn't then... bleh I'll see what I can do.

GustyGardens

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I forced the update, and now I'm restoring the back up. Here's why...
I was anxious to get Mango, so I forced it and all went well. The update took about 30 minutes, and I ran into no complications. When I was finally able to use my phone again I hadn't noticed anything different, until just a bit ago...

I'm missing a bunch of HTC apps that I use, like Attentive Phone. They were supposed to be in the settings, and in the market place, but I see them in neither. Searching for them on the web gave me a link to the Zune store where I was greeted with an error saying that this application was not meant for my phone. What the ****?

Same goes for HTC Watch, which I was kind of looking forward to checking out. And on top of that, the translating part of Bing Vision doesn't work at all. I've been getting a "Can't Translate" error the entire evening.

So, my solution is to restore the back up that was made before I updated, and then install Mango the normal way by getting a notification, and them plugging it into the Zune player. No forcing of any kind. I figure something is fishy when I need to force it. So, now I wait for my phone to finish restoring. I'll return tomorrow with an update, just after I've installed the official update.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I forced the update, and now I'm restoring the back up. Here's why...
I was anxious to get Mango, so I forced it and all went well. The update took about 30 minutes, and I ran into no complications. When I was finally able to use my phone again I hadn't noticed anything different, until just a bit ago...

I'm missing a bunch of HTC apps that I use, like Attentive Phone. They were supposed to be in the settings, and in the market place, but I see them in neither. Searching for them on the web gave me a link to the Zune store where I was greeted with an error saying that this application was not meant for my phone. What the ****?

Same goes for HTC Watch, which I was kind of looking forward to checking out. And on top of that, the translating part of Bing Vision doesn't work at all. I've been getting a "Can't Translate" error the entire evening.

So, my solution is to restore the back up that was made before I updated, and then install Mango the normal way by getting a notification, and them plugging it into the Zune player. No forcing of any kind. I figure something is fishy when I need to force it. So, now I wait for my phone to finish restoring. I'll return tomorrow with an update, just after I've installed the official update.

The "force" method is the same version as waiting it out, all the firmware updates etc are included with it. All you are doing is tricking the staggered rollout mechanism to open the update to your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss