My Mango Update Experience Was Bad - Post Here

GustyGardens

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is that so? If this is the case, then why wouldn't I be able to download Attentive Phone, HTC Watch, and why wouldn't my Bing Vision's translation feature work properly? If you could help, then I'd be more than grateful.

If you, or anyone out there, has an HD7 then please try-out the translation function of Bing Vision, as well as attempt to download Attentive phone from the HTC section of the app store.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Probably best to get that info from a HTC owner, but all the LG apps that should be in the marketplace that should be are still there for me.

mozza_uk

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC Apps

I forced the update, and now I'm restoring the back up. Here's why...
I was anxious to get Mango, so I forced it and all went well. The update took about 30 minutes, and I ran into no complications. When I was finally able to use my phone again I hadn't noticed anything different, until just a bit ago...

I'm missing a bunch of HTC apps that I use, like Attentive Phone. They were supposed to be in the settings, and in the market place, but I see them in neither. Searching for them on the web gave me a link to the Zune store where I was greeted with an error saying that this application was not meant for my phone. What the ****?

Same goes for HTC Watch, which I was kind of looking forward to checking out. And on top of that, the translating part of Bing Vision doesn't work at all. I've been getting a "Can't Translate" error the entire evening.

So, my solution is to restore the back up that was made before I updated, and then install Mango the normal way by getting a notification, and them plugging it into the Zune player. No forcing of any kind. I figure something is fishy when I need to force it. So, now I wait for my phone to finish restoring. I'll return tomorrow with an update, just after I've installed the official update.

Hi, I'm having the same issue on my HTC Trophy (Vodafone UK).

Has anyone got a fix for this or should I just remove Mango and wait for the un-forced version?

Just ran HTC connection wizard and all fine now :)

Last edited:

SilentAssassin

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same with my unbranded HTC Mozart. I had the sound enhancer and attentive phone app installed before the forced update. After the update they were still listed but they hadn't shifted to the settings menu. I went into the market place, HTC Apps and found them, used the trick of viewing the app and backing out then viewing the app to find the update. I managed to update the Attentive phone app and it has now gone from my app list and is in settings. The sound enhancer app however wouldn't update, kept getting an error. Uninstalled the app to try a full re-install but now the Sound Enhancer app doesn't show in the HTC Apps section neither does Attentive Phone. I also can't find the HTC Watch.

Also I didn't receive any update notices for the numerous apps I have installed which have been mango updated. I had to use the trick above to get them updated. I don't know if this is a bug with the forced update route of just the Market Place having problems with all the updates that will be happening.

It will be interesting to see what version numbers those who wait it out have to see if they are any different than the forced.

My details:
OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.40600.401
Radio software version: 5.69.08.05a_22.50.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader version: 4.6.2250.0(129193)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
After the update they were still listed but they hadn't shifted to the settings menu. I went into the market place, HTC Apps and found them, used the trick of viewing the app and backing out then viewing the app to find the update. I managed to update the Attentive phone app and it has now gone from my app list and is in settings. The sound enhancer app however wouldn't update, kept getting an error. Uninstalled the app to try a full re-install but now the Sound Enhancer app doesn't show in the HTC Apps section neither does Attentive Phone. I also can't find the HTC Watch.

exactly the same thing happened to me (HTC HD7)

Mes3

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Attentive Phone and Sound Enhancer are definitely not in the marketplace. HTC YouTube is also missing for me.

US T-Mobile updated using forced update.

I bet this has something to do with HTC specially and not because we updated one way or another.

[edit: Go into HTC Hub and you can download the apps there (thanks XDA!). Sound Enhancer will fail though (I imagine they're updating this to work with the new firmware).]

Last edited:

AustinG909

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine initially came back with "not enough free space to do a backup" which it did prior to the 2 installs I needed. I deleted some files on my HP and viola! But - I never got the stall you're reporting. Do you have plenty of space on the computer for a backup of all your phone data? Also, do you have Zune 4.8 installed? Those are my only thoughts on this.. good luck to you.

I have Zune 4.8 but i'm not sure if I have a backup of all my data, how would I do that? I've never seen a Zune option to.

GustyGardens

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So, after my lrestore I installed, forced again, Mango. I figured the user that was helping me out knew what he was talking about, and voila! My Bing Vision works, my attentive phone is back and in the settings, but I still don't see HTC Watch. I'm not sure if that app is only meant for newer phones? Does anyone else have that app after the update?

Now, I just need to set up Visual Voicemail and Twitter. :D Thanks! Now all is right with the universe.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
DotNetRob while updating frim to Mago on the 3rd update to I guess mango part 2 there were several steps where it seemed to slow down and I was thinking it was stalled but I just stuck it out and it went through Mine was mostly on 8 and 9 and I thought it strange that while it was doing the update at times there was a red circle and line through the arrow pointing from the computer icon and the phone icon I was anxious as to whether the update was installing anything on the focus but it bworked. I would suggest running the support tool and trying again. Good luck!

DotNetRob

Dec 15, 2010
www.dotnetrob.com
DotNetRob while updating frim to Mago on the 3rd update to I guess mango part 2 there were several steps where it seemed to slow down and I was thinking it was stalled but I just stuck it out and it went through Mine was mostly on 8 and 9 and I thought it strange that while it was doing the update at times there was a red circle and line through the arrow pointing from the computer icon and the phone icon I was anxious as to whether the update was installing anything on the focus but it bworked. I would suggest running the support tool and trying again. Good luck!

Thanks, will try the support tools and post my results.:straight:

fujisawa san

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Minor problems amongst a sea of good

Carrier: AT&T
Handset: HTC Surround
Experience:
The update process was simple and painless (save for all the waiting). Afterwards, I immediately noticed the Facebook connection problem. That was easy enough to fix. Then I noticed that voice commands would not work for launching applications even though it works for everything else (speech to text included). After updating my wife's Surround, I discovered that this voice command issue seems to be unique to my phone; her's is fine. Lastly, my Weather Live live tile doesn't seem to be working with its normally impeccable precision. Other live tiles seem to be okay, but that one is updating sporadically, at best.

The pluses outweigh the minuses, but I do wish it was perfect transition rather than a slightly lopsided one.

DotNetRob

Dec 15, 2010
www.dotnetrob.com
Thanks, will try the support tools and post my results.:straight:

Tried just doing the update again but zune doesn't want to connect to my phone.

Used the Windows Support Tool and it fixed something, although email/IE still doesn't work. But zune can connect. Doing update again, its already past 6/10 so it appears its not stuck this time.

Will post my results.:straight:

DrBatman

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Just as an update:

I've unbricked my Omnia 7 (ended up putting on some Dutch stock rom) and when it started back up, it updated everything perfectly.

Now I just need to get the APN stuff set up for my sim card (a process which involves me going to the Antel store and getting them to do it as they don't have the settings on their website... lets hope they know where to go...I don't hahaha)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...Now I just need to get the APN stuff set up for my sim card (a process which involves me going to the Antel store and getting them to do it as they don't have the settings on their website... lets hope they know where to go...I don't hahaha)

You might be able to find it if you google for it.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Used the Windows Support Tool and it fixed something, although email/IE still doesn't work. But zune can connect. Doing update again, its already past 6/10 so it appears its not stuck this time

What version of the tool did you use? Every time I try to use it it says "Phone is not on connect to PC screen" but it is on the connect to PC screen, or it just doesn't connect. So maybe I was using the wrong version.

DrBatman

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
You might be able to find it if you google for it.

Been there, done that, got a load of pages that tell you the prepay rates but not how to set it up. I think they want people to go in store so they can try and sell fixed term contracts instead.

They do things a lot different down this neck of the woods :(

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC Arrive - updated to mango yesterday and loving it...except, having crazy battery drain now. before my phone would last a day at least and now just a few hours. thoughts?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs