11-01-2011 10:38 PM
137 ... 3456
tools
    Did the force updating trick on my Focus. No problems so far. I've done the two intermediate updates and I'm in the process of installing actual Mango.
    09-27-2011 06:17 PM
    In Seattle. No Mango update for my HD7 yet...
    09-27-2011 09:37 PM
    MS/Sumsung really messed up not getting Focus r1.4 out at the same time. How many of their Focus 1.4 customers will want to buy another WP after being forgotten about with NoDo and now again with Mango...?
    09-28-2011 05:57 AM
    Any idea when I can get Mango update here in Florida?
    09-28-2011 06:36 AM
    Hey guys, My name is Jordan and I've had a windows phone since they've came out. I had really been annoyed with not getting the update so in attempt to get it updated i went into my Zune programming and to my surprise I found a script error, This error (glitch) will allow the phone to check for an update without calling Microsoft first and ask if your phone is supposed to, then it checks with att, and att sends back " update available". I'm 19 years old and in college. My phone has just been updated to mango, So if you don't want to wait Email me At fricks92@gmail.com
    09-28-2011 09:10 AM
    Any idea when I can get Mango update here in Florida?
    You dont need to wait for ATTT go to the stiky thread on forcing to mango follow the directions and you should be able to get it the update if ATT/MS hasnt notified you. The only triky part is timing the interenet shutoff. It worked for me when I could pull the ethernet cable from the computer than shutting off wireless internet. Try it and if you have prooblems you can PM me I'll be up until midnight CDT
    09-28-2011 10:07 PM
    MS/Sumsung really messed up not getting Focus r1.4 out at the same time. How many of their Focus 1.4 customers will want to buy another WP after being forgotten about with NoDo and now again with Mango...?
    Dude it does not do any good to moan and groan about that problem its a dead horse Kicking it is not going to make it any better. Save yoiurself some antacid and stress and forget about it. 1.4 foci weren't forgotten about they figured out the issue and they have to do things a little bit different because of the different soc chips.
    09-28-2011 10:11 PM
    I might have a moan.

Come on Vodafone UK! Moan moan moan *sense of entitlement* moan moan moan *why doesn't Zune trick work on Windows Phone Connector for Mac* moan moan *impatient like it really matters or something* moan moan.
    09-29-2011 07:30 AM
    I have att and the HTC surround and I still have not received the update notification to update to mango

What do I do and when can I expect that update notification
    10-03-2011 02:09 AM
    I have att and the HTC surround and I still have not received the update notification to update to mango

I would guess that at some point this week they will open up the flow a bit higher since it has been intimated that everyone should see the update within a month. You could always go the force route if you are getting impatient.
    10-03-2011 02:20 AM

Have you tried doing the forced update? Its not that difficultt just follow the directions in the sticky here in this forum you should be able to do its with the surround! You dont need to wait!
    10-03-2011 01:00 PM
    Maybe some good news for those still waiting. :)

Windows Phone 7.5 update status
    10-03-2011 04:06 PM
    The update for my HTC Arrive still hasn't came and I cant force update because I dont have a windows computer
    10-03-2011 05:28 PM
    Stiiilllllll on pre-nodo on my focus r1.4... Getting very irritated that MS shut off Nodo updating in the mean time...

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    10-03-2011 08:14 PM
    well thgere was an articl over WMPoweruser daying that MS has unthrottle somewhat the release of Mango to all so help/hope is on the way.
    10-03-2011 08:40 PM
    C'mon MSoft, the "Where's My Update Page hasn't been updated since September 27th! It's my impression that since then one or two things have ocurred that might be worth mentioning.

BTW - since you have now opened up the Update to 90+% of all Users, how about sending some love to us HD7s Users and giving us a date when the mystical "Scheduling" will stop and the Update will be delivered. Right now it seems everyone except us and the poor Sammy Focus 1.4 folks are happily updating on their own, so your need to deliver and schedule other devices must be dropping off by now.

"Spare a few Updates for an old ex-leper!"
    10-05-2011 04:04 PM
    C'mon MSoft, the "Where's My Update Page hasn't been updated since September 27th! It's my impression that since then one or two things have ocurred that might be worth mentioning.

BTW - since you have now opened up the Update to 90+% of all Users, how about sending some love to us HD7s Users and giving us a date when the mystical "Scheduling" will stop and the Update will be delivered. Right now it seems everyone except us and the poor Sammy Focus 1.4 folks are happily updating on their own, so your need to deliver and schedule other devices must be dropping off by now.

"Spare a few Updates for an old ex-leper!"
    50% and it hasn't been 10 days yet since it went into Scheduling.
    10-05-2011 04:13 PM
    Do they have a way to count how many devices have updated via THE FORCE
    10-05-2011 04:23 PM
    T-Minus 5:25 EST and still no Mango update. :D
    10-05-2011 04:25 PM
    Do they have a way to count how many devices have updated via THE FORCE
    I would assume internally there is some mechanism to tally updates, I doubt we'll ever see that figure if it indeed exists though.
    10-05-2011 04:26 PM
    You are correct - 50% - a hopeful Freudian slip, although as they have blessed the Forced Update, which works for pretty much everyone except those "in scheduling" in effect it's more like 90% can get Mango if they wish.

My point was that a lack of information and updates inevitably leads to disappointed Customers. If they updated the page today, and said that the HD7 updade is nearly complete and looks to finish scheduling this week we'd know where we stand and would be happier.

BTW, does anyone know why an organization with so much computing horsepower takes 10 days to "schedule" an Update? MSoft's comments about how important it is for the process to be random are interesting, but randomizing a few, what, hundred thousand HD7s Users (they wish!) should take about 50msec. It would be worthwhile for them to educate us about the process a bit more. If nothing else it would give us something interesting to read while we sit around plucking our eyebrows out waiting for the update :-)
    10-05-2011 04:53 PM
    50% and it hasn't been 10 days yet since it went into Scheduling.
    actually, MSoft was crowing that they were rolling uut the Update to "98% of their Customers" back in September. While "Rolling out" could be said to mean whatever you want it to, it still leaves a few of us not feeling the love!

Sigh - well tomorrow is Day 10 for the HD7s "Sheduling", so maybe they will begin to roll it out over the weekend.

MadSci2
    10-06-2011 10:32 AM
    Looks like MSoft is ignoring HD7s Owners again. Back on Sept 27 we were told to get to the back of the bus and stay there for 10 days while they "Scheduled" the Mango Update. Why t takes 10 days to decide which of a few tens of thousands (I don't see a lot of these phones around yet :-( ) of loyal owners of the current Flagship AT&T Windows phone can be allowed to get the update remains a mystery, but heck, why worry about them when you've opened up the spigots for nearly everyone else?

Lets face it, they no longer really have to "Schedule" it in order to get going. Just making the update available will allow the most interested and reasonably savvy users update vis the "forced" option, which MSoft has officially blessed - for everyone else that is!

Leaving the "Where's My Update" page fallow for nearly 2 weeks is bad enough, but missing such an easy to meet deadline as this - and then remaining silent about it, well I don't know an emoticon for shaking you head sadly in disbelief or I'd put it here. You can't count on Apple to flub their new product rollouts so you'd better get your own act together - quickly.

This is the way MSoft "used" to treat WMobile customers, which is why the platform numbers declined so quickly. A good product will not sell if coupled with lousy Customer treatment. Get it together Microsoft! Talk with your Customers and if you can't keep to your commitments, then we might be understanding if you fessed up and explained what's going on and when we might be getting the same treatment everyone else has. But treating Customers like mushrooms is a good way to make them ex-Customers. I've already turned several non-smartphone customers into WP Owners, telling this this was a 'new' MSoft that wouldn't leave them in the dark as usual. I'm beginning to look like a fool for so.

Thanks Microsoft.
    10-08-2011 12:30 PM
    10 business days so that would put it at the 11th, not yesterday.
    10-08-2011 12:35 PM
    It is now the 11th, and after 5 PM PST. Still not update to the "Where is my update?" page. It's been 10 days since the page was updated... Shelled out the extra cash for the HD7S, and still waiting for Mango. What gives MS?

Stage 2: Scheduling
    Microsoft is scheduling the update for delivery. This phase typically lasts 10 business days or less.
    10-11-2011 07:20 PM
137 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD