Dear Carrier Where's My Mango Update ? - Moan Here

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link, I will definitly keep reminding them :D
You're welcome, yeah keep doing a Simpsons!

Have you got a Mango update date yet? - No
Have you got a Mango update date yet? - September 27th

Tada! ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
*has the itch*

mangocrack-2.jpg

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
at&t.jpg

When are they going to unlock it then ? Woooooo LOL

Dunno why I'm so excited, i'm on the wrong side of the pond anyway Doh!

C'mon 3 UK Grrrrrrr

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well although I'm already on mango as I have an unbranded HTC Mozart and used the leaked final European ROM, I'll keep an eye on software update anyway - be interesting to see if it tells me I do have to "upgrade" at all, or whether they've changed the version numbers even slightly (I have 7720.68).

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

worbyc

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Silly aint it, it would be so much easier for us all to wait if we knew an exact date, tellin us it will be "soon" isn't precise enough tbh. I went into a few orange stores yesterday and yano what a couple of salesman didn't even have a clue what mango was, i had to explain to them lol this is why windows phone sales are not growing. Lack of education when it comes to salesman in phone stores. They will always recommend other OS because they are more comfortable selling it!!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone International Update Schedule | Mobile Software Updates | Windows Phone 7

The Microsoft Where's My Phone Update?' page now updated.

Yeah there sure are some clueless salesman out there worbyc. :(

Stage 3: Delivering update
Microsoft has started to send out the update. Important: To help ensure quality, software updates are typically sent out gradually and/or in batches, so it might take several weeks before you receive notice that an update is available for your phone.

So, at first it was "it's coming in fall". Then it's "it's coming in a week or two". And, now (after a week), it's "it might take several weeks before we get it"??

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So, at first it was "it's coming in fall". Then it's "it's coming in a week or two". And, now (after a week), it's "it might take several weeks before we get it"??

They didn't say it's coming in a week or two, they said they'd start rolling out in a week or two. On the update site it says it's gonna take 10 or less business days to go from Scheduling to Delivering the update.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
They didn't say it's coming in a week or two, they said they'd start rolling out in a week or two. On the update site it says it's gonna take 10 or less business days to go from Scheduling to Delivering the update.

That's what many of the carriers, including mine (O2) said, but even so... saying "we're going to roll it out in one/two weeks", but failing to mention that the roll out process takes another two weeks isn't good enough. They should have just said "expect Mango around mid-October", and that way I would have just flashed the sucker onto my phone 2 weeks ago and been done with it.

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
That's what many of the carriers, including mine (O2) said, but even so... saying "we're going to roll it out in one/two weeks", but failing to mention that the roll out process takes another two weeks isn't good enough. They should have just said "expect Mango around mid-October", and that way I would have just flashed the sucker onto my phone 2 weeks ago and been done with it.

Eric Hatuala said the following on the WP Blog:

Eric Hatuala said:
Hi everybody. Thanks for your questions. I?ll have more details to share about the update once it begins in the next week or two. But by ?roll out? I mean we?ll be starting the actual delivery process--emphasis on starting.

Eric
Source

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss