Dear Carrier Where's My Mango Update ? - Moan Here

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Did the force updating trick on my Focus. No problems so far. I've done the two intermediate updates and I'm in the process of installing actual Mango.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
MS/Sumsung really messed up not getting Focus r1.4 out at the same time. How many of their Focus 1.4 customers will want to buy another WP after being forgotten about with NoDo and now again with Mango...?

fricks92@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
How To force Windows Mango Without Hacking or downloading anything.

Hey guys, My name is Jordan and I've had a windows phone since they've came out. I had really been annoyed with not getting the update so in attempt to get it updated i went into my Zune programming and to my surprise I found a script error, This error (glitch) will allow the phone to check for an update without calling Microsoft first and ask if your phone is supposed to, then it checks with att, and att sends back " update available". I'm 19 years old and in college. My phone has just been updated to mango, So if you don't want to wait Email me At fricks92@gmail.com

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Any idea when I can get Mango update here in Florida?

You dont need to wait for ATTT go to the stiky thread on forcing to mango follow the directions and you should be able to get it the update if ATT/MS hasnt notified you. The only triky part is timing the interenet shutoff. It worked for me when I could pull the ethernet cable from the computer than shutting off wireless internet. Try it and if you have prooblems you can PM me I'll be up until midnight CDT

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
MS/Sumsung really messed up not getting Focus r1.4 out at the same time. How many of their Focus 1.4 customers will want to buy another WP after being forgotten about with NoDo and now again with Mango...?

Dude it does not do any good to moan and groan about that problem its a dead horse Kicking it is not going to make it any better. Save yoiurself some antacid and stress and forget about it. 1.4 foci weren't forgotten about they figured out the issue and they have to do things a little bit different because of the different soc chips.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I might have a moan.

Come on Vodafone UK! Moan moan moan *sense of entitlement* moan moan moan *why doesn't Zune trick work on Windows Phone Connector for Mac* moan moan *impatient like it really matters or something* moan moan.

schinchillaboy

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
mango

I have att and the HTC surround and I still have not received the update notification to update to mango

What do I do and when can I expect that update notification

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have att and the HTC surround and I still have not received the update notification to update to mango

I would guess that at some point this week they will open up the flow a bit higher since it has been intimated that everyone should see the update within a month. You could always go the force route if you are getting impatient.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Have you tried doing the forced update? Its not that difficultt just follow the directions in the sticky here in this forum you should be able to do its with the surround! You dont need to wait!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Stiiilllllll on pre-nodo on my focus r1.4... Getting very irritated that MS shut off Nodo updating in the mean time...

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
well thgere was an articl over WMPoweruser daying that MS has unthrottle somewhat the release of Mango to all so help/hope is on the way.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Where's my "Where's My Update?" Update?

C'mon MSoft, the "Where's My Update Page hasn't been updated since September 27th! It's my impression that since then one or two things have ocurred that might be worth mentioning.

BTW - since you have now opened up the Update to 90+% of all Users, how about sending some love to us HD7s Users and giving us a date when the mystical "Scheduling" will stop and the Update will be delivered. Right now it seems everyone except us and the poor Sammy Focus 1.4 folks are happily updating on their own, so your need to deliver and schedule other devices must be dropping off by now.

"Spare a few Updates for an old ex-leper!"

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
C'mon MSoft, the "Where's My Update Page hasn't been updated since September 27th! It's my impression that since then one or two things have ocurred that might be worth mentioning.

BTW - since you have now opened up the Update to 90+% of all Users, how about sending some love to us HD7s Users and giving us a date when the mystical "Scheduling" will stop and the Update will be delivered. Right now it seems everyone except us and the poor Sammy Focus 1.4 folks are happily updating on their own, so your need to deliver and schedule other devices must be dropping off by now.

"Spare a few Updates for an old ex-leper!"

50% and it hasn't been 10 days yet since it went into Scheduling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz