Time of AT&T Mango Release?

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's good to know Slinky. Just pisses me off how this works. Why not just throw it out for everyone, at once? Is it that damn difficult? Put it on the web so we can just download it if you have to, do SOMETHING, so that those of us sitting here refreshing in Zune can just get it when we want it.

It's crap like this that will be first in my mind when it's time for me to get a new phone next year.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That's not what the official page says. It says just the opposite. Check it out:

Windows Phone US Update Schedule | Mobile Software Updates | Windows Phone 7

Under the notes at the bottom for ATT it says "**Applies to HTC Surround, LG Quantum, and Samsung Focus v. 1.4 only".

Edit: Disregard. I was reading the note for the 7392 update. :p

Dang, the DVP will be last to get the update.

***while the Samsung Focus v. 1.4 is Testing and the Dell Venue Pro is in Planning.

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
jblank, it's one of those things, right now, it blows. We all want the update, but it's gonna trickle out. And we'll complain and moan, but once we have it, all this whining will be forgotten.

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have to get over it cckgz4, it makes me angry. My wife has an iPhone, Apple puts out an update, she plugs it up to iTunes, BAM, it's there. We get an update, it's a coin toss whether you get it or not. It might be today, next week, or this next month some time. How is that right? How is that a good method?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a jerk but your meltdown is pointless. I, along with others, are in the SAME boat as you are waiting for this update. So we are all playing the waiting game. To be frank, if you aren't happy with the experience, then maybe you should expedite your next phone search. And if you want a scheduled update at the same time as everyone else, then your only option does seem to be Apple

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
jblank, it's one of those things, right now, it blows. We all want the update, but it's gonna trickle out. And we'll complain and moan, but once we have it, all this whining will be forgotten.

I agree, it blows, and ya know what, I don't even blame AT&T, I blame Microsoft, and their ineptitude. The entire time I have had this phone, which is great by the way, I do love the HTC Surround, the releases have stunk, absolutely stunk. How a company, with their resources, can be so ****ty at rolling out a release to a phone that has the smallest user base of any OS (we're not talking 30 million users here) is beyond me.

If anything, they should be bending over backwards to make sure the users have the best possible experience on Mango, because we've been loyal to the phone and have listened to the hype on this for close to six months now.

So, to me, hype time is over...get the product out, into everyones hands, NOW. Not next week, not next month. When you do a release like this, coordinate, make sure everyone can get it, put it on the web for download, whatever, but for the love of God, just get it into the hands of your customers.

Is all that too much to ask?

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Will they be updating by 'region' or by random phones? I'm looking at Vector in Northern MI as my hopeful guide, I'm in Southern MI....

But, I'm at church...waiting on a meeting to start. Oh the long days as a pastor ;)
Where at in Southern MI? I'm still in the Lower Peninsula.

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a jerk but your meltdown is pointless. I, along with others, are in the SAME boat as you are waiting for this update. So we are all playing the waiting game. To be frank, if you aren't happy with the experience, then maybe you should expedite your next phone search. And if you want a scheduled update at the same time as everyone else, then your only option does seem to be Apple

And if it didn't cost me $500 to get a new phone, I probably would. I love the Windows Phone OS, I really do, but their customer service sucks, it absolutely sucks. They can't even roll out their biggest and most anticipated software release in over a year the right way? Are you kidding me?

For all the quirks and foibles that Apple has, at least when they put their minds to doing something like this stuff correctly, they knock it out of the park. It's the little stuff like this that people remember though, I hope you understand that, and I'm more than a bit tired of going through this stuff every time Microsoft throws out something as simple as an update.

It just should not be this complicated.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mason just south of Lansing. Just moved here almost a month ago as i was called to be Pastor at All Saints Lutheran here in town.
Rock on. I am in Cheboygan. Just south of Mackinaw City. If they are doing it by regions, I would assume we would be included in the same region. Not many poeple up here willhave a Windows phone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Huh? This has nothing to do with the OEM's, Microsoft controlled this debacle.

Shoddy hardware means increased time to fix said shoddy hardware so the update can be applied. It's the reason why the Samsung Focus 1.3 is getting the update before 1.4, because Samsung screwed up.

thomasward00

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This update is crucial for Windows Phone, I'm sorry but staggering out an much hyped update of the course of weeks is simply not acceptable and will do nothing for their marketshare and mindshare.

Microsoft needs to be doing better and faster than Apple and Android, if Mango and Nokia don't turn things around it will be curtains for the Windows Phone, this isn't a good start...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb