Mango is being delivered :d

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
"I do want to emphasize that today is just the start. Our plan, as I?ll explain in a moment, is to ramp up delivery gradually?but make the update available to most existing customers within 4 weeks."

Windows Phone 7.5

That makes me sad....... I know people are gonna be pissed.

Hey, don't ignore this part :D

Who?s first?

Today we?re starting the roll out of Windows Phone 7.5 to more than 98 percent of existing Windows Phone customers. This is a simultaneous, coordinated, global update that cuts across carriers, phone models, and countries. This time, almost everybody is going first.

I guess they mention about the 4-week timeframe because the new models (can't remember which one) will be update till mid-October (there's your 4 weeks of wait)

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, it's just the pessimist in me coming out.

EDIT: And for good reason:

"If a problem comes to light, it’s critical that we can isolate and fix it quickly. So we’re deliberately starting out slow. This week, we’ll be making the update available to 10 percent of customers. If everything looks good, we’ll open up the spigot a bit more—to around 25 percent. We’ll hold there for one or two weeks, then quickly ramp up to 100 percent—monitoring quality the entire way. That’s how we ensure Mango arrives both quickly and in tip-top shape."

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm just going to quit checking and go watch TV before I drive myself crazy. I'll run it again in a couple of hours if I don't get a notice on my phone before then.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Sorry, it's just the pessimist in me coming out.

EDIT: And for good reason:

"If a problem comes to light, it?s critical that we can isolate and fix it quickly. So we?re deliberately starting out slow. This week, we?ll be making the update available to 10 percent of customers. If everything looks good, we?ll open up the spigot a bit more?to around 25 percent. We?ll hold there for one or two weeks, then quickly ramp up to 100 percent?monitoring quality the entire way. That?s how we ensure Mango arrives both quickly and in tip-top shape."

Yeah, just read it :mad:
What's with the contradiction? What the ****! :lol:

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
About to begin my update shortly! Verizon, HTC Trophy, South Carolina.

Installing now!!

AND, it's done. Time to update everything else!!

Last edited:

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the Arrive specific forum, but feel it may be relevant here:

Received the update:

First it updated to the final build of Mango.

Then it ran through a cleanup update.

Now it is running through a Sprint specific update. (fixed texting - I hope so!) - During this step it creates a backup, so that could take some time.

So if you aren't already running mango, I assume you will skip over that middle step.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99