Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
How are you doing it? Opening Zune, activate plain mode? Start for update search, disconnect the pc from internet and the update screen is there? :O

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting the 7403. What is this? Should I update to that and hope that it recognizes mango on the next go around?

By the way, I'm on Verizon.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got 7403... I skipped that because I have no idea what that is. I'm going to keep trying to see the 7.5 pop up.

Took me many tries to work then I got this update and am currently installing it. Took 13 minutes and when it finished it found 7.10.7720.68, now installing.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, it got through 7392, said it was checking for additional updates and then said I had the latest. Oh, well. That's progress, anyway.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Currently on step 7 of 9 on 7.10.7720.68, it's been sitting at that point for a few minutes now. I'm getting antsy.....in my pants :)

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I turned off Data and Wifi, check for updates in Zune and everything i get is and endless update search :(

Do i have to wait some seconds before removing my pc from internet, or do i have to remove it imidiatly?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a smart thing to wait since firmware is a pretty big deal.
Absolutely, I flashed a Mango ROM a few weeks ago because it had newer firmware than I had and my Wi-Fi and 3G connection were much better.

I went back to my current ROM as it was all T Mobile branding which I hated.

So i'll just wait for the proper Zune update method incase the firmware updates are being missed using this method. :)

No one here seems bothered about the improved firmware. but I am. :)

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I turned off Data and Wifi, check for updates in Zune and everything i get is and endless update search :(

Do i have to wait some seconds before removing my pc from internet, or do i have to remove it imidiatly?

They say it's a 3 second wait, from the time you hit check for updates, but it's not working for me either.

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
From ousooner314 in the comments on the main page of WPcentral:

Yes, it does install the Samsung specific updates. I'm installing 7720 right now (via this trick), and the description talks about Windows Phone 7.5, and at the very end it says "Samsung update for Windows Phone".
Edit: Here's the screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/RG5nO.png

Seems to be good!

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did that, and not it says 7403 is available......but that's not Mango. WTF? Do I do this 7403 update or not?

This seems to be something like a pre update. Mango should be the next one. But i don't get that update anyway. Everything i get is an error which says, that zune cant connect to the update service or an endless update search :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss