Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
so, is 7720.68 the final build? If that is the final build for Mango, then I already have it!

That's the final OS version, but the firmware is different depending on your phone. You should get that update if you're on the leaked RTM.

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Noooooooooo

Internet crashed while downloading the second update. Hope i can still get it :(

Woah...didn't have to do the whole **** again. Normal update search is working :D

gameking

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was a skeptic, but finally got it to work.

Amazing.

For me, after trying about 50 times, i literally counted off, 'one one thousand, two, one thousand" then on '3' I switched the wifi off.

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm getting Mango now, happened right after 7403 finished...I literally didn't have to touch a thing.

I'm glad to finally have it, but I gotta tell ya, Microsoft absolutely sucks at rolling these out. For us to basically have to cheat the software, to get something that we all should have had when we woke up this morning, or at a minimum, when we connected to Zune or even as a standalone download, is a joke. They must....MUST get better at this....it is a software update to a phone, this is not rolling out the next Windows, this is not putting out another game console, this is jack simple, coordinate with the vendors, plan out a strategy, do whatever it takes, but get the software, in the hands of the customers and do it in a quick and easy way.

That is not asking a lot.

k_kjong

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That's the final OS version, but the firmware is different depending on your phone. You should get that update if you're on the leaked RTM.

Yes I was on the leaked RTM, but I somehow only had until 7712 before today, then I tried to connect it to Zune, and it updated my OS until 7720.68, am I supposed to get another update?

petercip

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For those who want Mango right now... Trick Zune!

I've ripped this from other places, but figured people would want a thread Dedicated, as I would have!

1. Start Zune
2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
4. Start the update search in Zune
5. About 3 seconds later(or immediately), disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
6. Zune finds Mango-Update. Press OK.
7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

Sorry if this is a repost!

-Pete

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes

OS version 7.0.7392.0 -> 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number 1.1.3.11 -> 1.1.6.10
Radio software version 1.1.3.11 -> 1.1.6.10

My versions are different on a 1.3 Focus.

Firmware revision number 2103.11.8.1
Radio software revision 2103.11.8.1
Bootloader version 5.8.0.2

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm getting Mango now, happened right after 7403 finished...I literally didn't have to touch a thing.

I'm glad to finally have it, but I gotta tell ya, Microsoft absolutely sucks at rolling these out. For us to basically have to cheat the software, to get something that we all should have had when we woke up this morning, or at a minimum, when we connected to Zune or even as a standalone download, is a joke. They must....MUST get better at this....it is a software update to a phone, this is not rolling out the next Windows, this is not putting out another game console, this is jack simple, coordinate with the vendors, plan out a strategy, do whatever it takes, but get the software, in the hands of the customers and do it in a quick and easy way.

That is not asking a lot.

MS has a reason for doing a graduated rollout, as all the tech companies that issue remote software updates. They rollout the update to a few to make sure there aren't any issues that crop up with the installation of the new software. That way, if they discover any issues in those few, they can halt the process and make the corrections before it affects EVERYONE'S phone/DVR/computer. It's nice that there are ways you can get it before your number comes up, but this is not a failing of MS. A failure of the rollout would be to roll it out to all phones at once and to have ALL the WP7 phones crash due to installation problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte