Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ditto....I've been on step 8 of 10 for what feels like hours. This definitely will be worth the wait though. :)

So you have another install after that one then. The 7720 update is 9 steps. I had to do the 10 step update too.

Just DO NOT disconnect your phone after step 10 because it will automatically start the second update afterwards.

Yes, the second update is faster.

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So you have another install after that one then. The 7720 update is 9 steps. I had to do the 10 step update too.

Just DO NOT disconnect your phone after step 10 because it will automatically start the second update afterwards.

Yes, the second update is faster.

Nope, this is Mango, it's 10 steps for me. It just restarted though so it looks like I'm done.

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
jblank said:
Maybe it's bad for some providers, but my brother has a Samsung Facinate (I think that is what it's called) on Verizon, and it's a droid, and he said it's the easiest updating process of any phone he has owned. Now he has never had an iPhone, which is also easy, but still, if it is worse than the updates for WP7, like you say, then why have I never read much complaining on sites like Engadget that are more neutral towards all OS'es?

The point is that you get for one phone this and that update, for the next one no update, then you can buy totally new phones with an old version and no update possiblity and just the provider/manufactorer decides which update he rolls out and which not.

There is really no system in it. And with the next Update google trys to build in such a system Let's see if this works, but at the moment updating on android is only chaos.

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The point is that you get for one phone this and that update, for the next one no update, then you can buy totally new phones with an old version and now update possiblity and just the provider/manufactorer decides which update he rolls out and which not.

There is really no system in it. And with the next Update google trys to build in such a system Let's see if this works, but at the moment updating on android is only chaos.

Ah, I understand....I see what you're saying now. :)

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope, this is Mango, it's 10 steps for me. It just restarted though so it looks like I'm done.

Really? Everybody else I have talked to said it was a 9 step.

I had two updates and the first was 10. Weird.

Anyways, it must depend on the phone then I guess. I have an HTC Arrive.

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
jblank said:
Ah, I understand....I see what you're saying now.

Ok :)
The problem isn't Android on the phone, the problem is androids update service as a whole. Microsoft handles this better. Even NoDo was better than Android ^^

The best Update Service has the iphone, but that's easy because everything comes from apple ^^

Edit: @TaliZora: Mango has 9 Steps for me. It's doing 7/9

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Damn, try as I might, after skipping the 7403 update three times (because I wasn't sure what it was), I can't seem to get the damn thing to pop up again. I'm taking a break from it as I'm pulling my hair out.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Literally can't remember the last time I was frustrated about something tech related and I am in IT for a living.

I can't get it to work for the life of me. I am on try 34 and every single time it does one of two things. It either tells me My phone is already up to date (which I am assuming I pull the plug on my Ethernet too late, or it tells me it can't check at this time (which I am assuming I pull the plug too early)

I have restarted both Zune and my computer countless times, I have data and WiFi turned off on my phone. I have done every variant possible and I am about ready to call it quits.

Anyone have any tips for me or do I just keep doing it till I hit around 100 before I say the **** with it and fire up a Galaxy II?

Chaz0r

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
@Firedancer:

I started the update search, counted not to fast 21,22,23 and turned internet after that off. Bang it worked and i'm on step 7/9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro