Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried countless times and couldn't get it to work. Gladly I have Windows 8 installed on another partition. With Zune, it worked on the first attempt.

I have Windows 7 installed on a boot camp partition on my Mac Mini. I guess I will have to wait until I am home later to give this a shot with the Zune software...

Thanks for the response. I sense there's a minority of people using Macs w/ a WP7...

mart280

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Does it matter that I have been pulling the cable from the back of the wireless router instead of pulling the main feed that goes into my cable modem?

I just had device manager open and clicked on disable on my network controller straight after hitting the update on zune, it took me about 3 attempts.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK finally updated after a long extremely long 7 of 9 step wait, however..I am missing the att and samsung zone in the market place!! yikes, i wonder what happened with that!!

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
What worked for me: Disabled WIFI on the phone and data. Hit the update and then turned my router off, a few seconds later boom, an update has been found. I find this really strange but i'm glad it's working. (Still updating)

Does anyone know why it has this glitch ? My thought it that it must search the web for which serial numbers of phones it's doing the update or something of the likes and when it has no web connection it just says there's an update.

slsterling

Dec 19, 2010
www.twitter.com
I turned off data connection and have kept the wi-fi on.

When I go to the first step of checking for an update, it's been 10 minutes of "Checking for updates" with no change. Can I even progress to the second step of turning off wi-fi until this issue is resolved?

Samsung Focus 1.3 on AT&T

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
V1.3 Focus Info after Mango Not forced

Okay, several people have asked here about the firmware info. Here is what I have for my Samsung Focus not forced. If someone could post there info for a Samsung Focus that has been forced for comparison.

OS Version - 7.1.7720.68
Firmware revision - 2103.11.8.1
Hardware revision - 3.1.0.7
Radio Software - 2103.11.8.1
Radio Hardware - 0.0.0.3
Bootloader - 5.8.0.2
chip soc - 0.36.2.0

jester_jd

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
updating now...thanks for this, only had my HTC trophy for less than a month and I'm super stoked about Mango. So glad I didn't have to wait another four weeks for 7403 and Mango! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I already had 392 and am updating to 4302 now, but my phone wifi and phone data were both ON. I read the wpcentral article earlier (it's down now - does anyone else notice that? I hope Microsoft didn't kill the WPCentral crew...) and it took me a few tries because I had to remember when to switch my pc wifi off:

1.) I plugged in my phone (WITHOUT TURNING MY PHONE'S WIFI OR DATA OFF) and checked for an update - none available.
2.) I clicked whatever category on Zune's phone settings is above "Update"
3.) I clicked "Update" again, waited 2 seconds, and then switched my pc wifi off. If it helps, I happened to notice that I switched my wifi off just as the pink-orange "progress bar" on the Zune software (it appears under where it says "checking for updates") expanded to it's maximim length (it appears short at first, then get's longer from left to right, then does the spiraling animation).
4.) After about 15-30 seconds, it said an update was available. I turned my wifi back on, and clicked update.

If it helps:
Quantum
AT&T
Already had 7392

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Whoa mama, Balmer and Belfiore are damn lucky I can't stand the iPhone. Heres how my mango update has gone:
1) Tried to force update, >:-(
2) Tried again, :)
3) Laptop USB port caused error, 7392 update didnt finish, >:-(
4) Tried again, same thing, >:-(
5) Went to Fry's, got new laptop because of crap USB ports, :)
6) Just I stalled 7392, now it's doing 7403, :)
7) And now, IT'S INSTALLING 7720!!!!!!!! Mango time b*****s!!!

The forced update trick, did the trick!

mmyers750

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Was able to force the update on my Focus, but got almost all the way through the update process to get to 7392 and encountered a 80180048 error. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

tzimmrmn07

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Issues with force update

I was able to force my phone to do the first and second part of the update. My phone now has 7430 or w/e but then when it goes to install mango 7700 it downloads the update know problem but then when it get to the transfering update stage or the process it freezes at 11 percent. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to fix it?

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Was able to force the update on my Focus, but got almost all the way through the update process to get to 7392 and encountered a 80180048 error.
I believe someone stated earlier that this error was resolved by using the Chris Walsh repair tool. Check back through this thread.

Here is a copy and past from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallDrexx
My samsung focus update failed with 80180048
FYI, if you get this error that means you Walshed your phone. Running the Walsh support tool (found: ?€œWalshed?€? Phone Support Tool: official fix to get you back on track - Chris Walsh) fixed the issue, and i'm on my way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077