Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

StealthCrawler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been successful at getting the forced update to start...Many times in fact. The problem is that during the back up step each time at exactly 69% the phone reboots and the update errors out with Error C101007B, which I know is a generic zune code.

I have the focus 1.3 with a 32GB SD and have had no problems with any other udpates. Also, the failure is occuring on the first update available which is the 7392.

Anyone encountered this and hopefully have a work around.

You probably have the same problem I have. My phone in general reboots itself a lot of times when it gets a little hot. I had to put my phone on the A/C vent to keep it cool and that got it through the entire update process. It's probably an issue with the battery but I'm gonna have it checked out at the ATT warranty store. Try keeping it cool through the entire update. Hope that helps.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I tried recovering my phone from a backup, and that only bricked my phone. Good news is I ran down to AT&T and got it replaced free of charge, bad news is Mango's not coming up for me...

shaunypat77

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Worked like a charm..pure genius

idk who found this, but we should build a statue of whoever did and plant it in Redmond on the campus, right outside Ballmer's office. This was pure genius.....Took me 5 minutes to do the work-around (2 tries), and 45 minutes or so to get mango on my HD7. It is amazing. Only problem I'm having from what we were promised is that my e-mail is not unified into one inbox, but I may have missed the part where I have to do it manually somehow. Still, from a guy who came from Android to Win7, i love seeing the hack community pull stuff like this out.

Philly Cheese

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hd7 tmobile mangonized :d

this trick worked like a charm the first time. Mango kicks butt....its awesome. I can't put my phone down, its like I just got a new phone all over again and so far no! Disappointments :)

strictlystyles

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I am the only dummie who cant get this to go.

I have:
HTC Arrive Sprint
Wifi off
Data off
go to update - I get the cannot search for update screen every time no matter how different i change the timing of pulling out my Ethernet cable.

I have also tried
data off and wifi on, airplane mode on and wifi off, pretty much every combination and it still hasnt worked. its been over 24 hours.... FML.

does anybody know the best way? everybody seems to have a different theory on this... so I guess its more of a fluke in most cases?

ngineerd

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work by:
Plugging my phone into a working USB jack (important, since I have some bad jacks on my hub)
Wait for it to finish Sync'ing
Then went to settings -> update
Pressing the update button
Then waiting for the bar to show up.
Once its up, I disabled my Wifi using my Network Adapters settings. You can also do the same for an ethernet connection by disabling your network card. (Control Panel->Network and Internet->Network Connections)
After the 3rd try, it popped up that I can download it.

I didn't have to turn off Wifi/data on my phone.

Hope that helps.

strictlystyles

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you sir, i am trying your method and im on try number 50 and im still getting nowhere. I have wifi and data on airplane mode off. I unplug my Ethernet cable right when when i press update only get phone is up to date every time. I have tried waiting 4 seconds, 5 secs, 1 sec, immediately. but no luck.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You are disconnecting too soon It needs to start the update search and go to somewhere between counting to one and two at least for me. I had wi fi off on the phone data was on once you get the update is available hook your internet back up and click on update now if you are on focus 1.3 it will do 7392 then you may or may have to do another search and repeat the update twice thing or not the last to finish mango it should see automatically. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half. If it looks like its stalled it hasnt you should get finished.

strictlystyles

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
haha! me too.

but seriously, I've tried every variation of this 'trick' and it just will not work! :(

Same here. I have just given up at this point. Its like If i keep data on, then once i pull the plug it will just find it up to date via data. If i turn data and wifi off it just continues to tell me they cant search for updates once i pyll the plug.

i have been using dozens of counts and other strategies and nothing works for me at least. It sucks because I was one of the first people to purchase an arrive day one....

3lackdeath

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have just given up at this point. Its like If i keep data on, then once i pull the plug it will just find it up to date via data. If i turn data and wifi off it just continues to tell me they cant search for updates once i pyll the plug.

i have been using dozens of counts and other strategies and nothing works for me at least. It sucks because I was one of the first people to purchase an arrive day one....

The trick is to disable your Wifi or LAN just when it's about to start the search for the update, you should then get a notification saying that there is an update available (even though there is no connection lol).... Right after you unplug and get the disable notification you can plug it again and then click update and your good to go.

Source : How to Force the Update to Windows Phone Mango

Got it on the first attempt, using LG C900

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I stopped doing the disconnect trick. I left my Data and my WiFi on. I just kept checking for updates with Zune and it finally popped up. I am on the 2nd update now 7.10.7720.68.

Finally!

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
DeviousD said:
I got this trick to work but now none of my apps will update anyone know how to fix this?

waving.gif

welcome.gif

Try visiting the app you wish to update in the marketplace, when you see it say share, hit the back button, then go back again to the app and it should say update.

Not the best method but until the automatic notification is working normally again it will do i guess. :)

(Just to add what Bear said) ... and when that happens, you'll be blown away at the number of updates! :D

313242_10150393897088824_781643823_10144722_1357472794_n.jpg

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
this could already be posted but too many posts to read through. but i've done the force update and it worked but I was wondering would we be getting the carrier approved version or could we be getting one that isn't and therefore be missing features?

i'm missing bing music and local scout restaurant reviews but from what else i've read it could be an australia thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99