Mango How To's and other tricks

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This is kinda annoying to me. Does anyone know how to fix this so the text comes out with the lockscreen?
Not sure what you mean by "text comes out with the lockscreen"

It works exactly like pre-Mango, but there's a slight delay for the time and date to appear on the lockscreen when you bring the phone out of sleep.

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "text comes out with the lockscreen"

It works exactly like pre-Mango, but there's a slight delay for the time and date to appear on the lockscreen when you bring the phone out of sleep.

I was talking about the delay for the text to appear.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If I understand correctly, your apps do 'close' when you go out of them. However the last 5 apps are held in a 'suspended' state as it were to quickly get back to them. Once you hit that 6th app, the least recent app is 'closed for good' until you open it again.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
psyberjay said:
I was talking about the delay for the text to appear.

Oh okay. :)
I'm assuming this can't be changed. Seems to be a "feature" of Mango. I was thinking that could be a problem because I use my phone as a clock, but I suppose an extra second of waiting isn't a problem for me.

DirtyDogg#WP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Having text messages read aloud.

I still have yet to see how to have my texts read to me.

Go to settings then tap on speech. On the bottom of the screen is a a drop down list titled "Read aloud incoming text messages." Your options are:

off
always on
Bluetooth and headsets
Bluetooth only
wired headset only

Bluetooth only is set by default.

mart280

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I like that we can now see the status of the battery and how much is left in a percentage, but I'm surprised there are no apps to let us see battery info, I had a good look in the marketplace but no joy, I suppose it could be because battery status is Mango only and it only officially started to roll out yesterday developers could now make some battery apps.

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings then tap on speech. On the bottom of the screen is a a drop down list titled "Read aloud incoming text messages." Your options are:

off
always on
Bluetooth and headsets
Bluetooth only
wired headset only

Bluetooth only is set by default.

Wow.. I didn't know about this feature.. thanks for the tip.
Now only if they read out loud the name of the sender, instead of thier number....

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I exit an app?

How do I exit an application in Mango?

I installed TuneIn and the application does not even show in the list of active apps (after launched) when I press and hold the back arrow.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Back arrow out of the app, to reopen it click below the pause button after hitting the volume rocker. Also remember pause = stop since there is no stop button for music.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Two things I noticed

Two things I have noticed,

1. I can use the cut and paste feature to do searches meaning that if highlight something I want to search (addresses, etc) all I have to do is highlight it and hit the search button and it automatically puts it in the search bar for me. I don't even need to copy it first, just highlight and search. Kinda cool.

2. When I go to unpin something from the start menu, all the tiles underneath start moving around. It is kind of useless but it looks cool.

That is all for now but will update with more. I know the highlight and search thing is probably not well know.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow.. I didn't know about this feature.. thanks for the tip.
Now only if they read out loud the name of the sender, instead of thier number....

It should, mine reads the name of the sender if they are in my address book.

Text from "so and so" read it...etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett