Mango How To's and other tricks

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I only have a bible app and the weather channel had a tasks program but now the to dos on the hotmail calendar will sync to your calendar not as good as direct sync with outlook but better than a separate app that does not puull from desktop to phone. Progress BTW theres a microsoft site to vote on suggestions for changes in the next version(s) theres an article here at WP Central go check it out and vote.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Two things I have noticed,

1. I can use the cut and paste feature to do searches meaning that if highlight something I want to search (addresses, etc) all I have to do is highlight it and hit the search button and it automatically puts it in the search bar for me. I don't even need to copy it first, just highlight and search. Kinda cool.

2. When I go to unpin something from the start menu, all the tiles underneath start moving around. It is kind of useless but it looks cool.

That is all for now but will update with more. I know the highlight and search thing is probably not well know.
Now that is cool. The highlight a word then press search feature is handy and a nice find!

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It should, mine reads the name of the sender if they are in my address book.

Text from "so and so" read it...etc

Oh yeah.. my bad.. it does. I asked my friend to txt message me so I can test it and he texted me using his google voice number, which wasn't in my phone.

Yeah, this feature is awesome, very useful while driving.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I only have a bible app and the weather channel had a tasks program but now the to dos on the hotmail calendar will sync to your calendar not as good as direct sync with outlook but better than a separate app that does not puull from desktop to phone. Progress BTW theres a microsoft site to vote on suggestions for changes in the next version(s) theres an article here at WP Central go check it out and vote.

Now if only they could get Outlook to sync tasks to Live...

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
A nice one I found is that you can even use voice commands while IN A CALL. THIS IS BOSS. Instead of having to push a number when using an automated voice system, I can just hold start and say "press 3" or w/e. It's official...I'm on Windows Phone FOREVER....and it can only get better from here.....

Also, I have my work iPhone 4 next to me and I've pulled both from the charger. Both have WiFi on and the battery from Arrive is lasting longer (it seems).

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
A nice one I found is that you can even use voice commands while IN A CALL. THIS IS BOSS. Instead of having to push a number when using an automated voice system, I can just hold start and say "press 3" or w/e. It's official...I'm on Windows Phone FOREVER....and it can only get better from here.....

Also, I have my work iPhone 4 next to me and I've pulled both from the charger. Both have WiFi on and the battery from Arrive is lasting longer (it seems).

Now, hopefully the people on the other line won't think you're talking to them :D

tmorningstar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Wouldn't it just be easier to actually press the number 3 instead of holding down the "start" button and then saying "press 3"? Seems like that would actually take longer to do than to just press the button.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I would love a dedicated on screen exit button for apps in WP7.
I'm still not quite sure how to close out apps. Help?

I was explaining this to my wife also (iPhone 4 owner)...the MULTITASK in WP7 is not like the Double Tap feature in an iP4 that brings up the list of 30 apps you currently have running. You aren't running all these apps you see...the phone simply saves the state the app was in when you moved away from it...the App isn't running in the background as if it was open/on the front of the screen, so therefore there is no need to constantly close all of them...the reason you would want to close an app on Android is to save battery, but if the app isn't really doing anything there is no need to do that.

That is how I understand it at least...

Press and hold the home button and the 'voice search' option comes up. Say things like 'open Angry Birds' and voil?...Angry Birds opens :)

This has always been an option, just still good to point out.

CALL, TEXT, FIND, OPEN are all the buzz words the phone knows.

Official MS video

Sad...but I can't figure out how to get a specific song to start to play, which I accidentally did on my wife's iPhone while trying to open her Groupon App (I said "Open Groupon" and it said "Playing 'Play On'" which is the name of a CD she had on her phone)

Wouldn't it just be easier to actually press the number 3 instead of holding down the "start" button and then saying "press 3"?

Agreed! haha

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it just be easier to actually press the number 3 instead of holding down the "start" button and then saying "press 3"? Seems like that would actually take longer to do than to just press the button.

You'd be surprised how frustrating this can be to have to look down at my Arrive while in high traffic with a small WVGA screen.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Reads your text messages to you.

Settings/Speech/Read aloud incoming text messages. Set it to always on. Been having lots of fun here at work with my buddy who also has a WP.

heyitwrx

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has played with Bing Vision yet but I just downloaded my first app using a Microsoft tag and it was awesome. Instead of taking a picture and automatically opening a new program you instead just get the tag on screen and it pops up with what the app is and you can then touch it to download. A much better solution than trying to take the picture like many barcode scanning apps because you already know if it is readable.

ibroe

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
1 settings-speech- check all boxes and enable "play audio confirmation" next go to "read aloud incoming text messages" and choose your option. mine is set to always on.
2 back to seetings - ease of access- leave "speech for phone accessibilty on "on"

this work smooth for me.

ibroe

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
1 settings-speech- check all boxes and enable "play audio confirmation" next go to "read aloud incoming text messages" and choose your option. mine is set to always on.
2 back to seetings - ease of access- leave "speech for phone accessibilty on "on"

this work smooth for me.

tonyo8187

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Bing Vision

So i tried to "stump" bing vision with some obscure video games and dvds. I had a very hard time doing so! Vision was able to recognize all of my old NES cartridges and some of my random DVDs. I even tried an obscure SEGA Dreamcast game, and it popped up right away! The only video game cartridges that it would not recognize were the small GBA games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium